priceline air & hotel bundle- has anyone used

nancy1031

I, personally, always hesitate to put an agency between myself and my end product (air, hotel, rental car, whatever). There can be some pros (mostly price), but a lot of cons if something goes wrong. I have zero experience with Priceline, so this isn't a reflection on them at all, but is it really a significant savings versus booking each directly with the provider? 

• Like 1

I used to do something like this until I learned the hard way that you are Priceline's customer. Not the airline, not the hotels, and not the rental cars customer. If anything goes TU, or there are discrepancies, the end product will tell you to call Priceline for any matters. You want a copy of your hotel folio? Call Priceline. Priceline included an upgrade but none available at the hotel or car rental, please step out of line and call Priceline while I take care of customers behind you. 

Priceline is just the middleman. 

I saved $200 once by using a middleman. After all the problems and grief, I learned my lesson. Pay the extra, become their loyal customer, and the benefits will follow.

18 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I saved $200 once by using a middleman. After all the problems and grief, I learned my lesson. Pay the extra, become their loyal customer, and the benefits will follow.

I agree. Many times I used points (credit card or airline points) to pay for hotels, for example, and I usually ran into challenges because they use a middleman. It gets very frustrating.

• Like 1

I use expedia often for bundling. Yeah, it won't work well if you want to pay with points but just to save money on a booking, it's usually a better deal. I've also found really competitive rates for hotels on booking.com. They don't do airfare but they have alot of rates where you don't pay until a day or two before you trip. I always a bring a print out of my confirmation that includes the room rate and anything includes (breakfast or lounges). I've never had a hotel deny anything that I have documented. 

Edited by sanger727