Influencers onboard

zitsky

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, you should be worried about that TikTok star, Capt Kate, taking over the ship!  (I'm a huge fan of her)

I know it’s April Fools because women can’t be captains?!  🙄

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I know it’s April Fools because women can’t be captains?!  🙄

Instead of all the cutbacks such as removing the beef wellington, think of all the money X would save if they only hired women?  (Just a recycled joke/punchline)

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Instead of all the cutbacks such as removing the beef wellington

Obviously you weren't on the Edge in the Normandy dining room recently.

If you were, you could have ordered beef wellington every night.

There was a man sitting at our table ( for 2 ) that ordered 2 servings to go with his 2 shrimp cocktails and had no trouble finishing off his meal with crème brule and chocolate lava cake for desert. 

Our Waiter, oops, his Waiter even brought over the Maitre'd near the end of the cruise who made some " small talk " and reminded him to " Don't forget to fill out the Survey ".

Holy $&^# the only one that didn't " remind " him about the Survey was the Washroom Attendant.

44 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Obviously you weren't on the Edge in the Normandy dining room recently.

If you were, you could have ordered beef wellington every night.

There was a man sitting at our table ( for 2 ) that ordered 2 servings to go with his 2 shrimp cocktails and had no trouble finishing off his meal with crème brule and chocolate lava cake for desert. 

Our Waiter, oops, his Waiter even brought over the Maitre'd near the end of the cruise who made some " small talk " and reminded him to " Don't forget to fill out the Survey ".

Holy $&^# the only one that didn't " remind " him about the Survey was the Washroom Attendant.

April fools I take it?

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Instead of all the cutbacks such as removing the beef wellington, think of all the money X would save if they only hired women?  (Just a recycled joke/punchline)

I never thought about it that way.  I must be a woman because they don’t pay me enough.

10 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've pondered trying LPC on the Summit this summer but have been hesitant. Also not knowing what menu until just before has been an question.

We did the new menu that started early this year on the Eclipse so I think was late last year on other ships.  I had 2 fish dishes (one of the alternate menu), short ribs and then they gave me a very nicely dressed mango sorbet with fruit as I couldn't have the GF dessert as it was a dairy based one.  One of my fish courses was slightly different to my husbands as our sauces/broth were made differently but they were delicious.  We did tell them at booking that I had dietary needs but I don't know if that got passed along as we booked at a B2B meeting and it was the first night of the second cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 3:53 PM, prmssk said:

Are there people on YouTube, TikTok, etc. recording on cruises?  Absolutely.  One I actually follow happened to be on a cruise I was on in November of 2021.  But you probably won't notice most of them unless you end up on a vloggers cruise or press trip.  Most are not obnoxious and try to blend in.  Online content creators have really grown over the last few years.  You likely find them just about anywhere you go even if you don't notice them.

I think this is most accurate. I’m new to vlogging but have been a “content creator” for many years - writing and photography. I actually think videotaping with my iPhone is less intrusive than me and my Nikon, a tripod, and several lenses.   That said, I’m not the sort to do a huge photo shoot while on the ship. I mostly prefer to shoot B-Roll and experience the ship, and then put my video content together when I’m at home in my “studio.”  I may shoot some “live” content on an upcoming TA, but there’s a lot of sea days. Plus I’m not going to shoot anywhere that makes me a nuisance to my fellow cruisers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I think this is most accurate. I’m new to vlogging but have been a “content creator” for many years - writing and photography. I actually think videotaping with my iPhone is less intrusive than me and my Nikon, a tripod, and several lenses.   That said, I’m not the sort to do a huge photo shoot while on the ship. I mostly prefer to shoot B-Roll and experience the ship, and then put my video content together when I’m at home in my “studio.”  I may shoot some “live” content on an upcoming TA, but there’s a lot of sea days. Plus I’m not going to shoot anywhere that makes me a nuisance to my fellow cruisers.

Please put the last sentence in bold and large type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

I am in your videos or did you cut me out?   🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Most influencers, Youtubers, vloggers or whatever else you want to call them are talk too much blowhards that take 15 minutes to answer a question that could answered in 2 written sentences.  That's my opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wadewood said:

Most influencers, Youtubers, vloggers or whatever else you want to call them are talk too much blowhards that take 15 minutes to answer a question that could answered in 2 written sentences.  That's my opinion.  

Carnival's brand ambassador, John H, often fits this description but I can't think of any big youtubers doing this as they mostly publish 2+ weekly videos about cruise news and when on board have ship tours.  We have to remember X's Capt Kate is an influencer and posts some quite entertaining X content sometimes "behind the scenes"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Carnival's brand ambassador, John H, often fits this description but I can't think of any big youtubers doing this as they mostly publish 2+ weekly videos about cruise news and when on board have ship tours.  We have to remember X's Capt Kate is an influencer and posts some quite entertaining X content sometimes "behind the scenes"

If Kate is an influencer, can she go ahead of me in the buffet line?

On 3/30/2023 at 4:10 PM, zitsky said:

That’s the point.  I don’t want to notice them! 

I'm not talking about someone who videos their cabin or takes pictures.  Maybe you get lucky and a pool is empty when you want to shoot video.  But taking over a space for their own use is not ok.  Don’t run around the buffet expecting everyone to wait for you.

are you worried them taking photo of your face and putting that online.

Most of the good You Tubers try not to take close ups.   Tik Tok, well that is another story and mostly silly folks and not like those on You Tube who have a regular channel.

On 3/31/2023 at 5:04 AM, Juni2106 said:

curate seems to be one of those words that has become fashionable without meaning what some users think it means.

YES!  Especially when the word "Carefully" precedes it.  It is a redundancy that drives me mad.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:33 PM, Ethanol95 said:

but even if there are still people there, we still have to get footage of those venues etc.  

you HAVE to get footage??  NO!  What you HAVE to do is not disturb people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, crazyank said:

you HAVE to get footage??  NO!  What you HAVE to do is not disturb people.

Remember when you would vacation somewhere and another person would have the tripod and expensive camera set up where people were walking?  Ah those were the days.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2023 at 8:03 PM, MobiusHky said:

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about that.  If you're in the public, you can legally be recorded without your consent.  Celebrity would have to create a "no filming" policy to prevent you from ever being recorded.

Actually you´re not in the public on a cruise ship and therefore anyone taking videos needs your consent. Taking a video you also need a consent of the cruise line. When the cruise line is taking videos you get a note telling you that you have to report at the reception if you don´t want to be in that video.

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Actually you´re not in the public on a cruise ship and therefore anyone taking videos needs your consent. Taking a video you also need a consent of the cruise line. When the cruise line is taking videos you get a note telling you that you have to report at the reception if you don´t want to be in that video.

steamboats

Maybe in Germany? If it is for commercial use they need your consent to use them but not to take them. Otherwise no consent needed. If the cruise line takes videos you are in and they use them you gave your consent and waived rights in your cruise contract. 

@Charles4515 the last time I had this note was in the Christening Cruise of the Norwegian Prima. So it's not just in Germany 😉. And once more a cruise ship is not the public. DH is a cruise journalist and even when we are on a private cruise we do inform the cruise line that we are onboard and do take photos. Usually the cruise lines are even more strict when you take video. Legally you do need the consent of every person in a video or a photo. 

steamboats