Bar tab extended?

cantgetin

Sea Rovers who get $100 match "for 2 years." I'm not sure how the 2 years is calculated.  I think it was 2023 and 2024.  THose who are on no status currently get the $50 bonus; there have been previous specials when they got the $100.  No info at this point...guess we need to check on line tomorrow.  So if you are status match, you should get the $100...but I'd track it and be sure it shows up.

One great thing about the status match program...they also extended the time period to do 2 cruises thru April to attain "permanent" Sea Rover status.  No one knows what their program will look like going forward, but there will be a pool of sailors who will get that second cruise in during April, so should be able to keep the status rather than losing it at the end of the status match period.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Thanks 1

If anything the Bar Tab might be extended into April, but probably not for the entire month. Look for that 50% off Second Sailor to be reduced too. Booking by midnight tonight is still the best deal honestly.  Call your TA or VV tonight. 🙂 

Edited by CruisingWalter

26 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Oh well, I have an April 2024 booked, but it embarks after the 11th.  Such is life.

its for new bookings from april 1-11th.  i think it's valid thru 2024 voyages, but i'm sure it'd end up more expensive if you tried to cancel/rebook, given they usually increase base prices and decrease the % off with every sale!

4 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

its for new bookings from april 1-11th.  i think it's valid thru 2024 voyages, but i'm sure it'd end up more expensive if you tried to cancel/rebook, given they usually increase base prices and decrease the % off with every sale!

Likely, but my TA will always check and reprice under the new deal.  My October cruise was going to cost me $642 more to get a $600 bar tab, so needless to say, we didn't do it....I later found an error in their figures, but not going to argue that.  It is worth repricing to see how it comes out...then decide

• Like 1

Thinking of a short Virgin Cruise here in Australia and wondering about the $300 bar tab they are offering . I cant find out if this is in ship currency - US $ or is it $300 AU , which of course means pretty much nothing with the drinks onboard in $US dollar prices and our Aussie Dollar so poor ? Any idea ?

2 hours ago, hammo said:

Thinking of a short Virgin Cruise here in Australia and wondering about the $300 bar tab they are offering . I cant find out if this is in ship currency - US $ or is it $300 AU , which of course means pretty much nothing with the drinks onboard in $US dollar prices and our Aussie Dollar so poor ? Any idea ?

It will be ship currency. On their website the offer is always about the benefit you get onboard so the $300/600 to spend in USD ship currency. Here in the UK we sometimes see adverts where they state “up to £456 of free drinks” or similar as they convert it, but that only appears in the advert not the website. 
Of course there is a chance they are doing things differently in Aus compared to UK but I expect it’s still the same. 
the offer terms are here https://www.virginvoyages.com/promotional-terms-and-conditions and are the same worldwide.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

It's only for voyages through April 2024.  

Edited by rebeccac

15 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

Correcting myself, the Bar Tab IS extended through April 2024, that's different. . My TA was offering up to $300 in extra Sailor Loot for all bookings through March 31, I'll have to check to see if they still have that offer going through April 11th as well. That was a good deal. 🙂 

Edited by CruisingWalter

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Correcting myself, the Bar Tab IS extended through April 2024, that's different. . My TA was offering up to $300 in extra Sailor Loot for all bookings through March 31, I'll have to check to see if they still have that offer going through April 11th as well. That was a good deal. 🙂 

I'm checking with my TA.  The price on line for my 2024 cruise is currently lower than what I booked at.  The question is whether that will layer on top of my rebooking while on board benefits...and the page I was on said nothing about the bar tab being extended.  TA has put out an "emergencies only" request for the weekend and says back in the office on Monday morning, so I should hear then.

29 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I'm checking with my TA.  The price on line for my 2024 cruise is currently lower than what I booked at.  The question is whether that will layer on top of my rebooking while on board benefits...and the page I was on said nothing about the bar tab being extended.  TA has put out an "emergencies only" request for the weekend and says back in the office on Monday morning, so I should hear then.

The Bar Tab is definitely extended to April 2024. But new bookings only. I asked about my 2024 booking and was told in order to get the Bar Tab added, I have to rebook under the current prevailing rates. It didn't make sense to cancel and rebook with the new rates. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

The Bar Tab is definitely extended to April 2024. But new bookings only. I asked about my 2024 booking and was told in order to get the Bar Tab added, I have to rebook under the current prevailing rates. It didn't make sense to cancel and rebook with the new rates. 

It might not make sense for your booking, but the price I'm seeing for the April  2024 cruise is LOWER than the price I booked at.  Thus, I need to compare all benefits included, and it might make sense for me.

Just now, cantgetin said:

It might not make sense for your booking, but the price I'm seeing for the April  2024 cruise is LOWER than the price I booked at.  Thus, I need to compare all benefits included, and it might make sense for me.

Yep for some cruises it'll go down, for others it'll go up, just depends on the date. For us the cruise went up by a few hundred because the Second Sailor went up from 50% off to 45% off. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 10:23 AM, CineGraphic said:

Sea Rovers (from status match) get an extra $100 when buying a $300 tab thru 2024.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club

Confirmed ...   🙂.     Thanks !  

(And thank you all for the tips / tricks for this virgin voyageur --  I have cruised with HAL for 300+ days, and don't give an itin w/ them a second thought b/c it's old hat.  We very much appreciate the help.).      Scott.

image.png.5fdd1f598602827ae039dd865ae0e23c.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

I wonder when that will show on my account for my current cruises; right now it only shows the standard $300 plus $50.  OR if I got a super sweet deal, does it apply at all?  I am a SeaRover 🙂 

If you are a Sea Rover, you should get the $100 bonus on all sailings thru 2024, and this should show up on your add ons.  Call them and have that bonus corrected, even if you have to cancel the bar tab and rebook it,

In addition, if you are embarking prior to 4/30/2023, you should get Deep Blue Extras which includes a $100 free bar tab (no purchase required).  This will not show up on the add ons, it will be under the deep blue extras benefits after boarding.

• Like 1