Carnival’s Next Class of Ship

slavens_09

1 hour ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I guess I asked for everyone's thoughts, but still, that was a little mean

I was not being mean at all, maybe I could have been more clear.  The point was I really do not care.  Who is bigger, what the metrics of how they claim that, all of it.  They will certainly have bigger (and on a broad scale) newer ships.  If the mega line liners mean something to you then it is of much more importance.  To me, it means very little, hence the comment.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2023 at 2:57 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I was not being mean at all, maybe I could have been more clear.  The point was I really do not care.  Who is bigger, what the metrics of how they claim that, all of it.  They will certainly have bigger (and on a broad scale) newer ships.  If the mega line liners mean something to you then it is of much more importance.  To me, it means very little, hence the comment.

I misunderstood your comment. You were staying that you didn't care about what the article was saying, not that you didn't care about my comment. Sorry for my confusion. By the way, I agree with your view, what the article was saying didn't mean much to me either.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I misunderstood your comment. You were staying that you didn't care about what the article was saying, not that you didn't care about my comment. Sorry for my confusion. By the way, I agree with your view, what the article was saying didn't mean much to me either.

No worries, and options are always a good thing.  RCCL is certainly opening their wallet in these ships, is does make a statement.  When we sailed on Oasis, we were exploring the ship (did a review, back in my files here somewhere) and came out on a open deck and realized we had left a fair amount of time ago and never felt it.  For some, that might be a good thing, for me, not so much.  That entire trip the ship was the cruise, not the ports, mot the sea days.  Maybe that is where cruising is going, I, for one, hope mot.  

Thanks for the reply, happy cruising.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, philbob84 said:

likely a improved Excel. that being said the Sun Princess might be a good smaller ship for them as the Destiny-Conquest classes continue to age, 

The Sun Princess is only slightly smaller than the Excel class ships.  The Sun Princess is 175,000 tons and the Excel class ships are 181,000-183,000 tons.  The Sun Princess does have a smaller passenger capacity (4,300 vs. about 5,300), but if Carnival was to build a Sphere class ship it would more than likely have a much higher pax capacity than the Sun Princess.

• 6 months later...
On 3/31/2023 at 8:59 PM, slavens_09 said:

I don’t think I completely agree about spending on new builds. The other lines are under similar pressures from debt. (Granted Carnival is a little deeper) and have invested in new builds. I think they could announce a new build for Carnival before the end of 2025. 

I also think the XL class was definitely a move to offer something closer to the Oasis class. Much larger capacity than any previous Carnival ship, zones (neighborhoods). I also agree they are not trying to directly match but rather have a competitive product to what other lines like Royal are offering. 

Looks like I might have been correct.

https://www.cruisehive.com/are-huge-new-carnival-owned-cruise-ships-coming/120990

I haven't been on a XL class ship yet.  Prefer Vista Havana class or the Miracle.  The Miracle to me is great because it never feels crowded.  Not sure I want to be on a ship with 6,500...

• Like 1