Decision Tree-Deluxe Beverage Package(DBP)

Is the Deluxe Beverage Package worth it? Where do you start to evaluate this option?  I see all manner of Cruise Critic forum and Facebook posts on the subject. I finally decided to build this basic decision tree, meant to be fun and practical, and really should help most people I’ve read asking questions about this package.

Goal - Help most cruisers get their hands around this option, and hopefully make a quicker decision so they can move on to the next thing!

Is the decision tree perfect? No. Too many variables, but the goal is to help most people make a decision and move on.

See FAQ at end of page 2 and RCL flyer describing the DBP on page 3.

Enjoy and cheers! 

DF26F0C7-865F-444E-8046-57996B6ECB89.thumb.jpeg.186be6661d6ed80b2e797a7ac7ac25ed.jpeg

7F618A2A-0F57-4D08-B45E-45CF27F27435.thumb.jpeg.f068a0ae519bbf67de298efcfceaa0ae.jpeg

00DEB337-EDDD-4D21-A455-39F52008D476.thumb.jpeg.4ba2a75fbcc018db177ee59da69e7010.jpeg
Edited by buddyjones
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Breakinuk said:

Trust me, it's way better than scrolling through endless threads and getting lost in the opinions of others.

Welcome to CC.

Financially, the decision has been pretty simple since the package has been offered, the only thing that has changed slightly is the break even point - about 5-6 drinks/day.

Love the rationale on the within 15% - the convenience alone of the drink package on our cruise last week was worth it.  And we got our money's worth but truly the convenience is one of my favorite parts.  It also helped we went to both private islands where it worked too.  Our next cruise is more port heavy and while I want the convenience, I'm not sure it will be worthwhile, I'm hoping for some sales since it's a 9 night!