Transportation from Palm Beach to Port Canaveral

ufgrad98nc

Does anyone have recommendations for transportation from the Palm Beach area to Port Canaveral?  My elderly mother lives in Palm Beach and will be meeting us at Port Canaveral (or MCO) next month for a cruise.  We live out of state and are flying directly to Orlando.  She does not drive, so having her rent a car is not an option.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by ufgrad98nc

Contact Larry's Limos for a price quote but it will be expensive for a long trip like that. The problem with a trip like that is the fact that after the person is dropped off at Port Canaveral the vehicle is returning back to South Florida empty with no returning fare.

50 minutes ago, ufgrad98nc said:

The cruise is at the end of May.  When does the Brightline open?

They have been quite vague "second Quarter, 2023" and "coming soon".  

Not helpful, I know, but the website is https://www.gobrightline.com/ if you want to sign up for updates.

I've seen vids of the airport station, and it looks beautiful.

I don't think that the Brightline option is viable.  You're going to have your elderly mother get picked up in Palm Beach, driven over to the Brightline station, figure out how to get onto Brightline by herself, take the train to Orlando airport, figure out how to meet up.  With or without luggage?

Limo is the only way to do this, in my opinion.  Park Limo is based on the Island, they can pick her up and deliver her.  

www.parklimo.net

Edited by Rothko1

Its maybe about 2-2.5 hours drive. I know she doesn't drive, but maybe find someone that does and would be willing to drive her there. Otherwise a flight from PBI to MCO is an option. There may even be a bus service.  Greyhound has a bus from West Palm Beach to Orlando for about $35. Based on the timing it shows, it is a direct route. 

2 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Its maybe about 2-2.5 hours drive. I know she doesn't drive, but maybe find someone that does and would be willing to drive her there. Otherwise a flight from PBI to MCO is an option. There may even be a bus service.  Greyhound has a bus from West Palm Beach to Orlando for about $35. Based on the timing it shows, it is a direct route. 

Mama lives in Palm Beach and you want to put her on Greyhound?  😉 

• Haha 1

brightline will NOT be running to MCO by "next month"

There has yet to be a single test run end to end on the Cocoa to MCO (east west) leg. Nor have I seen a single test run in the Melbourne area yet ..... testing has been announced and warning signs are up but seen a train? Nope.

I drove sr 528 on Saturday - the Brightline tracks run along side - there was equipment working on the tracks (still)

Edited by Capt_BJ

kind late for this suggestion but you'd do better to fly into West Palm or even Miami (day before), get a rental car and drive to Canaveral picking up mom on the way.

My daughter has lived in West Palm for several years and I'm in Canaveral ..... there ain't any good options beyond driving. there ain't much in the way of BAD options .....

I ran UBER for West Palm airport to Port Canav and see $200 in round numbers.

A true limo company typically charges by the hour .....

Change you flight to a West Pam Beach arrival a day or two early. Rent a vehicle at PBI and stay overnight with your Mom. Leave the next morning for the two hundred plus mile ride to Port Canaveral. Stay overnight in Cape Canaveral and then drop off your family at Port Canaveral. Return the rental vehicle and shuttle back to the Port. At the conclusion of your cruise repeat the process back to West Palm Beach.

52 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Hey, just offering options. Obviously, if momma lives in PB, they can fly to PBI, rent a car, and drive to Port Canaveral all together. 

This would definitely be a better plan.

12 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

Change you flight to a West Pam Beach arrival a day or two early. Rent a vehicle at PBI and stay overnight with your Mom. Leave the next morning for the two hundred plus mile ride to Port Canaveral. Stay overnight in Cape Canaveral and then drop off your family at Port Canaveral. Return the rental vehicle and shuttle back to the Port. At the conclusion of your cruise repeat the process back to West Palm Beach.

It's only about 150 miles.  Two and a half hours, pretty much a straight shot up I-95.  You could leave in the morning without having to spend a night in Canaveral.

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.  Thanks so much!  If flying to PBI was an option, we would do that, but since I stated in my original post, we will be flying into MCO, I was really looking for suggestions on transportation for her to get to Orlando. 

1 minute ago, ufgrad98nc said:

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.  Thanks so much!  If flying to PBI was an option, we would do that, but since I stated in my original post, we will be flying into MCO, I was really looking for suggestions on transportation for her to get to Orlando. 

Let us know what you decide to do.  I'm interested in hearing your solution.