Oceania Specialty Restaurant reservations

Cruiseskier

17 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Query re making an online booking with "invite guest" option.

Both will be using 1 of our allocated reservations, same cabin categories, I have their booking number.

When doing this online do we select private or share and then add in their details ?

If selecting share, is there anyway to request a table of 4  for that booking ?

Private, then invite guest. And yes, it will just be the 4 of you, you won't be sharing with others. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the guidance.  I logged on at 12:01 this morning and secured tables for 6 in all of the specialty restaurants at the time we hoped for, if not the exact dates we wanted. This board helped immensely.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OhState1 said:

Thanks everyone for the guidance.  I logged on at 12:01 this morning and secured tables for 6 in all of the specialty restaurants at the time we hoped for, if not the exact dates we wanted. This board helped immensely.  

Took me a few minutes after 12 but I was able to book ours as well.  Chose all early in the week in the hopes some open up later for second go!  Are you on Marina 6/21-7/1?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flyer79 said:

We have 3 couple traveling together.  One of the couples is in a suite but not the other 2.  Can the suite couple book dining for the 6 of us at their dining date?

Thanks!

Normally, if the others have paid in full.  The booking will use one of the reservations of each the others.  I say normally since I've done it for a total of 4, but I don't know if the online booking engine will allow 6. You may have to have your TA do the booking or call O directly.

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, flyer79 said:

We have 3 couple traveling together.  One of the couples is in a suite but not the other 2.  Can the suite couple book dining for the 6 of us at their dining date?

Thanks!

I was able to book tables for 3 couples last night.  You need their booking number and first/last names.  Select invite others, add their info, then find the restaurant/times available. 

Rookie follow up question: If I have an excursion allegedly returning @ 5:15, will this allow enough time to make our 6:30 booking?  It seems reasonable, but I've not cruised before where this might be an issue, so I thought I'd check for some real life experience. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, OhState1 said:

Rookie follow up question: If I have an excursion allegedly returning @ 5:15, will this allow enough time to make our 6:30 booking?  It seems reasonable, but I've not cruised before where this might be an issue, so I thought I'd check for some real life experience. Thanks.

You could make it

A quick change  of clothes  you should be fine

• Like 1

Not enough information. Is the cruise in the heat of the summer? Will you and your SO need showers to clean up? How about hair? 

Getting back at 5:15 means you’re in your cabin by maybe 5:30. I drip dry quickly, not so myDW. I wouldn’t book anything earlier than 7:00!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Not enough information. Is the cruise in the heat of the summer? Will you and your SO need showers to clean up? How about hair? 

Getting back at 5:15 means you’re in your cabin by maybe 5:30. I drip dry quickly, not so myDW. I wouldn’t book anything earlier than 7:00!

We will be on a tour bus returning from Bordeaux to Le Verdon for the last 1.5 hours of the tour in late May. If it’s hot, I hope the transit is air conditioned.  

21 minutes ago, OhState1 said:

We will be on a tour bus returning from Bordeaux to Le Verdon for the last 1.5 hours of the tour in late May. If it’s hot, I hope the transit is air conditioned.  

Depends on how long it takes you to shower & change  

If worried  see if you can change your reservation to later

I can get  ready in less than 1 hr  but

YMMV

On 4/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, Woofa said:

When I made our reservations for our January cruise on Riviera certain scenarios were already booked.  For example there was an opening at 7:30 but only if we shared.  Similarly we could choose a two top at a later time.  It was pretty straight forward so when you get on you will see.  

Two things:

Try and make your reservations as soon as your time opens.  Higher level cabins will have already made their reservations and the earlier times/ two tops disappear quicker.

Remember to go and ask if you want more reservations or different days or times.  On our cruise I was able to get an additional reservation at Jacques and our preset reservation at Jacques for a shared table (no two tops were remaining) was turned into a two top when we arrived 20 minutes early and asked if it could be done.  There's never harm in asking, the worst they can do is say no.

I was speaking to a friend we made on day 9 who let me know he and his wife had eaten in a specialty every night so far.  He was in a similar cabin categories to us ( also B3) and said the secret is to make sure you reserve the sea days early, make sure to ask multiple times as reservations do open up, be open to eating later and be open to sharing tables.

On our next 10 day I may try some of this but to he honest, we enjoyed eating in the Terrace outside (on nights they had the grill,) we enjoyed eating in the main dining room (caviar appetizer with beef Wellington was a great night, Jacques menu items like the chicken allowed you to try a specialty entree in the MDR. The chicken was very good,) and we enjoyed our night at the new pizza place.  Not sure I would eat in a specialty every night if we could. We enjoyed the variety and some nights was looking to eat quickly and casually. (Although we still went back to the MDR before they closed some nights for a soufle.)

You mentioned when the Terrace Grill is opened. It’s not open every night?

Ok help me!

I can book my specialty dining reservations for four dinners. 
TA and Oceania rep told me that my day to book is May 22. So do I book right after midnight on May 21? That would be early morning May 22..

To me after midnight on May 22 would be early morning on the 23rd. 

Also, I’m solo and would like to dine alone if possible. Not sure if I get seated at a table for four it would be me and a couple which would be uncomfortable. But a table for six or eight might be a group of friends and me intruding. Thoughts?

Terrace Cafe is the Oceania Buffet and it is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. It opens at 6:30 p.m. like all the restaurants, even the Specialties. Vista has announced dinners beginning at 6:00 p.m. 

Every day in the Currents you will see the breakfast time shown, it can be adjusted based on port and tour times but normally about 7:00 a.m.  

The Terrace Cafe is an excellent buffet, and it is not the same menu’s every day. It is meant for quicker meals based on how long you want to sit and visit with guests. 

You were also asking about booking Specialty reservations. Your date for booking is shown on your Booking Statement, about page 3 if I recall correctly. If your date is May 22, what is means is you don’t have to wait until 8:00 a.m. to book, it can be done after 12:00 a.m. EST on May 22. Depending on where you are located in the US, you could go on line before 12:00 a.m. I am in California so after 9:00 p.m. on the 21st works for me. When I was booking from Hawaii one time I was able to go on line at 6:00 p.m.

OK, Solo, it would seem you might just be booking a two top and not share.  If you are interested, the Social Hostess organizes many dinners and get togethers for singles and they are great ways to get to meet other Solo travelers. We have talked with the Social Hostess and many other Singles and the activities are great.  Remember, you are on Oceania and not some other booze cruises.  I would expect you will hear from many others on this Board who travel as singles now and then. 
Enjoy your cruise, it will be great. 

Mauibabes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasasalad said:

You mentioned when the Terrace Grill is opened. It’s not open every night?

Apologies, what I meant was that the Terrace Buffet does not offer the made to order grille on some nights.  You can get steak, lamb chops, shrimp, lobster tail, salmon, veggies etc when it is running and we found it to be the best part of Terrace.  On Terrace Buffet specialty nights like Caribbean night we did not see the grille and while the buffet is still good, we felt those nights were better spent at a different venue.

37 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Apologies, what I meant was that the Terrace Buffet does not offer the made to order grille on some nights.  You can get steak, lamb chops, shrimp, lobster tail, salmon, veggies etc when it is running and we found it to be the best part of Terrace.  On Terrace Buffet specialty nights like Caribbean night we did not see the grille and while the buffet is still good, we felt those nights were better spent at a different venue.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

Ok help me!

I can book my specialty dining reservations for four dinners. 
TA and Oceania rep told me that my day to book is May 22. So do I book right after midnight on May 21? That would be early morning May 22..

To me after midnight on May 22 would be early morning on the 23rd. 

Also, I’m solo and would like to dine alone if possible. Not sure if I get seated at a table for four it would be me and a couple which would be uncomfortable. But a table for six or eight might be a group of friends and me intruding. Thoughts?

If the bookings open on May 22, that means they open at 12:00 am on May 22, Eastern Time. So aim for 12:01 am ET  on May 22. So you need to convert to your time zone.  In this context, midnight is considered to start the day.

Edited by 1985rz1

17 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Terrace Cafe is the Oceania Buffet and it is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. It opens at 6:30 p.m. like all the restaurants, even the Specialties. Vista has announced dinners beginning at 6:00 p.m. 

Every day in the Currents you will see the breakfast time shown, it can be adjusted based on port and tour times but normally about 7:00 a.m.  

The Terrace Cafe is an excellent buffet, and it is not the same menu’s every day. It is meant for quicker meals based on how long you want to sit and visit with guests. 

You were also asking about booking Specialty reservations. Your date for booking is shown on your Booking Statement, about page 3 if I recall correctly. If your date is May 22, what is means is you don’t have to wait until 8:00 a.m. to book, it can be done after 12:00 a.m. EST on May 22. Depending on where you are located in the US, you could go on line before 12:00 a.m. I am in California so after 9:00 p.m. on the 21st works for me. When I was booking from Hawaii one time I was able to go on line at 6:00 p.m.

OK, Solo, it would seem you might just be booking a two top and not share.  If you are interested, the Social Hostess organizes many dinners and get togethers for singles and they are great ways to get to meet other Solo travelers. We have talked with the Social Hostess and many other Singles and the activities are great.  Remember, you are on Oceania and not some other booze cruises.  I would expect you will hear from many others on this Board who travel as singles now and then. 
Enjoy your cruise, it will be great. 

Mauibabes

Is the Social Hostess a new position? I don't remember from past cruises but haven't been on O since fall '18. Thanks

7 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Is the Social Hostess a new position? I don't remember from past cruises but haven't been on O since fall '18. Thanks

No 

usually one of the entertainment crew   or other staff member

They will also have the needle point classes in the morning in Horizons

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1