New York to Seward

quincychic

Where can I find this cruise?

I keep getting Instagram pop up ads for a cruise that pictures this itinerary: leaves New York, stops in Boston, stop at 2-3 ports in Greenland, goes through Baffin Bay north to north of Alaska, south through the Bering Strait and ends in Seward. When I click on the link, it just brings me to ads for every cruise line but the one that runs this cruise. I can't find this cruise anywhere. Anyone know who runs it?

TIA

21 minutes ago, quincychic said:

Thanks LH.

Didn't find this exact cruise but you steered me to some similar cruises and the right type of cruise line.

Thank you

Hope you can find  it

A friend did the NWP  on Crystal a few years ago   they loved it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Hope you can find  it

A friend did the NWP  on Crystal a few years ago   they loved it

I was very interested in that journey and was following it through the passage, reading a regular blog with pictures.  I do remember that the cost was way above the usual sort of expedition ship itineraries or of Antarctic cruises, so would definitely not be something we could afford to do ourselves.

I think it was an ice breaker which was going ahead of the ship for safety reasons, though must admit I was surprised how little ice there was present, though it would indeed be a very special journey to undertake.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, quincychic said:

Where can I find this cruise?

I keep getting Instagram pop up ads for a cruise that pictures this itinerary: leaves New York, stops in Boston, stop at 2-3 ports in Greenland, goes through Baffin Bay north to north of Alaska, south through the Bering Strait and ends in Seward. * * * Anyone know who runs it?

While I don't know of any 2023 cruises from New York that do the Northwest Passage directly, the cruises that do a complete Northwest Passage crossing are the following.

Westbound

Hurtigruten, "Fridtjof Nansen," Reykjavik to Vancouver, August 13, 41 nights

Silversea Cruises, "Silver Wind," Kangerlussuaq to Vancouver, August 21, 42 nights

Ponant, "L'Austral," Kangerlussuaq to Vancouver, August 21, 37 nights

Seabourn Cruise Line, "Seabourn Venture," Kangerlussuaq to Vancouver, August 27, 32 nights

Ponant, "Le Boreal," Kangerlussuaq to Nome, August 31, 24 nights

Ponant, "Le Commandant-Charcot," Reykjavic to Nome, September 11, 24 nights

Eastbound

Scenic Cruises, "Scenic Eclipse," Sapporo - Nome - Copenhagen, July 13, 38 nights

Hapag-Lloyd, "Jamseatic Nature," Vancouver to Kangerlussuaq, July 30, 43 nights

Hurtigruten, "Roald Amundsen," Vancouver to Halifax, August 3, 40 nights

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nitemare said:

24 nights sounds great, but ending up in Nome seems like you haven't quite completed the passage to me

What I have observed generally with these itineraries is that the schedules for those vessels end in Nome, with no indication of to where and when they continue onward. It might be that they have a charter originating in Nome, that a final plan for the next series of cruises has not yet been finalized, or that the vessel is deadheading elsewhere (possible the southern hemisphere). Yes, it is frustrating to see Nome as a dead-end, and that there "should" be someplace onward to which a passenger might continue. It might be worthwhile keeping an eye on those Nome dead-ends to see if anything onward is later published.

3 minutes ago, GTJ said:

What I have observed generally with these itineraries is that the schedules for those vessels end in Nome, with no indication of to where and when they continue onward. It might be that they have a charter originating in Nome, that a final plan for the next series of cruises has not yet been finalized, or that the vessel is deadheading elsewhere (possible the southern hemisphere). Yes, it is frustrating to see Nome as a dead-end, and that there "should" be someplace onward to which a passenger might continue. It might be worthwhile keeping an eye on those Nome dead-ends to see if anything onward is later published.

I think I posted a thread a year or so ago looking for the "quickest" east coast US/Canada to Alaska/Vancouver/Seattle itinerary going over the top, as I can see taking a 28 day vacation, but not anything longer as we just can't spend that much time away from home/work/family.

I think I'm going to have to wait for faster boats, or a slower lifestyle to be able to do this route.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

I think I posted a thread a year or so ago looking for the "quickest" east coast US/Canada to Alaska/Vancouver/Seattle itinerary going over the top, as I can see taking a 28 day vacation, but not anything longer as we just can't spend that much time away from home/work/family. I think I'm going to have to wait for faster boats, or a slower lifestyle to be able to do this route.

I don't think that there will be any "faster boats," and having a "slower lifestyle" is probably more practicable. For an even more complete world expedition, consider the Northeast Passage as well, above Russia from Alaska or the Far East to Europe. Nothing right now because of hostilities, but hopefully that situation will end before too long.

2 minutes ago, GTJ said:

I don't think that there will be any "faster boats," and having a "slower lifestyle" is probably more practicable. For an even more complete world expedition, consider the Northeast Passage as well, above Russia from Alaska or the Far East to Europe. Nothing right now because of hostilities, but hopefully that situation will end before too long.

Also on our list, but as you suggested, much less feasible considering the invasion

• Like 1