Norwegian Joy Live 04-08-2023

wolft927

10 minutes ago, psac said:

Do they not have one?😁

They do have "one."  Exactly one.  What we would call back on the farm a "one holer."  It was apparently designed with the idea that NCL's boarding process would be a steady flow from check-in to boarding, never resulting in hundreds of people waiting around for an hour or more to board the ship.  We've discussed this in other threads here.

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They do have "one."  Exactly one.  What we would call back on the farm a "one holer."  It was apparently designed with the idea that NCL's boarding process would be a steady flow from check-in to boarding, never resulting in hundreds of people waiting around for an hour or more to board the ship.  We've discussed this in other threads here.

Yikes!  We did sail out of Miami once, but that was over 10 years ago. So thanks, mental note, if we go back out of there again, be sure to use the facilities in the hotel first!

1 hour ago, psac said:

Yikes!  We did sail out of Miami once, but that was over 10 years ago. So thanks, mental note, if we go back out of there again, be sure to use the facilities in the hotel first!

There are also restrooms right before you enter security, which means you have to have somebody hold your place in the long line while you use them.  In addition, there are some at the East end of the terminal that they rope off at times for reasons we can't figure out.  But, so far as the general waiting area, there is one men's room and one women's room with a single toilet each.

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I was unable to find a bathroom in the Haven area. I didn't ask, but searched both floors. Thankfully I was able to hold in all the coffee I drank until boarding. I thought this was a strange design choice too! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I was unable to find a bathroom in the Haven area. I didn't ask, but searched both floors. Thankfully I was able to hold in all the coffee I drank until boarding. I thought this was a strange design choice too! 

Strange?  Perhaps.  STUPID?  <<<THIS

It would be slightly less annoying if they hadn't built this monstrosity as some type of architectural wonder.  I would gladly trade that best-in-class architecture for a proper bathroom.  Especially if my free hotel breakfast burrito is starting to haunt.🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

If you walk towards the back in the waiting area, there are restrooms with multiple stalls. 

Why everyone tries to use the single one...???

Just walk farther towards the back.

Back?  Are you talking about the East end ones that are typically roped off?  We need more info.  Your report is not consistent with what others have posted.

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Back?  Are you talking about the East end ones that are typically roped off?  We need more info.  Your report is not consistent with what others have posted.

I will try my best to explain...the single one is near where elevator is. Correct?

Then there is a table with water, coffee...just keep walking (i guess its East). Past where you embark...thats where i found them. Never saw any ropes.

13 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I will be boarding next Sat. the 15th. Will check. 

9 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

I will try my best to explain...the single one is near where elevator is. Correct?

Then there is a table with water, coffee...just keep walking (i guess its East). Past where you embark...thats where i found them. Never saw any ropes.

I observed that these were roped off when we stopped in Miami for customs (January on Getaway) and when we embarked from Miami in March (Joy).

But, we're definitely hijacking a lovely live!

I hope the cruise is going well @wolft927!!

11 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

Yes.  That's the ones.  When I embarked in January they had it roped off, but some folks were just going around the ropes.  Then they had an Agent stand there and stop people from going around the ropes.  Then the Agent was gone and there were more rope dodgers.  I think @BirdTravelsposted a good photo showing the ropes in place on another thread when we last discussed it.

11 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

I will be boarding next Sat. the 15th. Will check. 

Thank you.  Please let us know.😎

On 4/8/2023 at 10:02 AM, wolft927 said:

So, we arrived at the terminal at approximately 9am, dropped off our luggage parked the truck and went straight into the Haven entrance. Check in was simple and easy and took all of about 15 minutes from truck to Haven area in terminal. It’s now 10am and still see people disembarking the ship which seems late to me. Will update once we start to board, by the way I think the new Miami terminal is amazing! 

I was on board in line, it was a disaster. 

22 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

More like thousands waiting..everyone not in Haven basically.  There is another very small restroom at the far east end of the terminal.  

Rant over, back to the review. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

15 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

More like thousands waiting..everyone not in Haven basically.  There is another very small restroom at the far east end of the terminal.  

Rant over, back to the review. 

Yep.  The elusive East RR, that is often roped off so that some of us can only dream of it and read tales on the internet. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:55 AM, wolft927 said:

Well, the last Live Review I attempted was on the Getaway out of Port Canaveral, but that cruise got canceled last September due to hurricane. Pretty sure we are safe for this sailing on the Joy. This Cruise my Wife and I will be traveling with our 16 year daughter (Her 1st cruise ever) and her 17 year old friend (also 1st cruise). Wife and I cruise a lot mainly on NCL but have cruised RCCL, Princess, and Carnival as well but prefer NCL. We will be staying in the Aft Facing Haven suite, 1st time in this suite but our past 2 NCL cruises have both been in the Haven on the Breakaway. 

We live in a town called Kings Mountain NC, pretty much about 25 minutes outside of Charlotte. We will be driving down to Miami, so we decided we will leave about 3:30pm on Thursday and drive just south of Jacksonville and stop for the night and finish the drive Friday morning to Miami. We Plan on being in  Miami about 2 or 3pm, hopefully time to get checked in, we will be staying at the YVE downtown Miami right across from Biscayne Market Place.

I am hoping to be able to upload lots pics starting the day we leave for Miami all the way through the cruise. 

Have not heard anything from you in awhile. Hope all is ok.

When you have time...

Could you post list of officers. Thank you.