Norwegian Joy Live 04-08-2023

wolft927

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from wolft927! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

wolft927 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Well, the last Live Review I attempted was on the Getaway out of Port Canaveral, but that cruise got canceled last September due to hurricane. Pretty sure we are safe for this sailing on the Joy. This Cruise my Wife and I will be traveling with our 16 year daughter (Her 1st cruise ever) and her 17 year old friend (also 1st cruise). Wife and I cruise a lot mainly on NCL but have cruised RCCL, Princess, and Carnival as well but prefer NCL. We will be staying in the Aft Facing Haven suite, 1st time in this suite but our past 2 NCL cruises have both been in the Haven on the Breakaway. 

We live in a town called Kings Mountain NC, pretty much about 25 minutes outside of Charlotte. We will be driving down to Miami, so we decided we will leave about 3:30pm on Thursday and drive just south of Jacksonville and stop for the night and finish the drive Friday morning to Miami. We Plan on being in  Miami about 2 or 3pm, hopefully time to get checked in, we will be staying at the YVE downtown Miami right across from Biscayne Market Place.

I am hoping to be able to upload lots pics starting the day we leave for Miami all the way through the cruise. 

• Like 6

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! 

Not that I've finished my terrible live review, but I'm so looking forward to hearing about all your experiences! And seeing the aft-facing Haven suite on Joy. 

Have an absolutely amazing time. Good luck with the internet! That was my foible. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Not that I've finished my terrible live review, but I'm so looking forward to hearing about all your experiences! And seeing the aft-facing Haven suite on Joy. 

Have an absolutely amazing time. Good luck with the internet! That was my foible. 

Thanks, Will take lots of pictures of the Room! I have an upgrade bid on the DOS but honestly it is sold out so really have no shot at it lol. 

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Well, the last Live Review I attempted was on the Getaway out of Port Canaveral, but that cruise got canceled last September due to hurricane. Pretty sure we are safe for this sailing on the Joy. This Cruise my Wife and I will be traveling with our 16 year daughter (Her 1st cruise ever) and her 17 year old friend (also 1st cruise). Wife and I cruise a lot mainly on NCL but have cruised RCCL, Princess, and Carnival as well but prefer NCL. We will be staying in the Aft Facing Haven suite, 1st time in this suite but our past 2 NCL cruises have both been in the Haven on the Breakaway. 

We live in a town called Kings Mountain NC, pretty much about 25 minutes outside of Charlotte. We will be driving down to Miami, so we decided we will leave about 3:30pm on Thursday and drive just south of Jacksonville and stop for the night and finish the drive Friday morning to Miami. We Plan on being in  Miami about 2 or 3pm, hopefully time to get checked in, we will be staying at the YVE downtown Miami right across from Biscayne Market Place.

I am hoping to be able to upload lots pics starting the day we leave for Miami all the way through the cruise. 

So looking forward to your review. Enjoy.

We will be on Joy April 15th.  First time.

Could you post list of officers? Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

Thanks, Will take lots of pictures of the Room! I have an upgrade bid on the DOS but honestly it is sold out so really have no shot at it lol. 

We threw in a bid for the DOS too. Figured, what the heck. It ain't gonna happen, but wouldn't that be cool if it did! 

It didn't happen. We enjoyed our HJ room, but I did miss the aft balcony. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

Sure, Will take photos of the officers board. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Your review is NOT terrible and I look for it every time I open CC, which is a lot LOL

Love reading it and THANK YOU!

OP, cannot wait to start the adventure with you!

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Do you know the difference between a Club Balcony Suite, Suite and the Haven?

So club balcony is basically a balcony with a bigger bathroom, also has a few perks. Joy has suites , included concierge’s service and priority boarding and debark, haven suites are top of the line for NCL, priority everything, butler, concierge, private restaurant, pool, sundeck, observation lounge on some ships. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So club balcony is basically a balcony with a bigger bathroom, also has a few perks. Joy has suites , included concierge’s service and priority boarding and debark, haven suites are top of the line for NCL, priority everything, butler, concierge, private restaurant, pool, sundeck, observation lounge on some ships. 

Thank You!! With the joy suites besides concierge’s service, can you get into the Haven area?

Also looking for any pointers on excursions, since this is our 1st Joy cruise. Thank you.

Also thank you ahead of time for list of officers that you are getting for me. Really appreciate your doing this review. It will be so helpful to us.

So, Have work today tomorrow and Thursday and sitting at my desk in my office I catch myself watching the Ships arrive in the morning at port. Been Spying the Joy's Forward Facing Webcam waiting to watch it arrive into Harvest Cay this morning...Officially check out of work lol.

So As I mentioned we will be leaving Thursday at 3:30pm to start our Drive From North Carolina down to Miami. The goal is to make it to at least Jacksonville Thursday evening but depending on traffic and if we are making good time may push it to Daytona Beach. If it was just my wife and I traveling we would have driven straight through to Miami but traveling with our 16 year old daughter and her 17 year old friend that seems like a little much for them. 

We decided to not even book a room for the 1st leg of the drive so we can simply stop when we want to for the night. 2 more days and we get to leave, dear lord these last few days will drag!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So, Have work today tomorrow and Thursday and sitting at my desk in my office I catch myself watching the Ships arrive in the morning at port. Been Spying the Joy's Forward Facing Webcam waiting to watch it arrive into Harvest Cay this morning...Officially check out of work lol.

So As I mentioned we will be leaving Thursday at 3:30pm to start our Drive From North Carolina down to Miami. The goal is to make it to at least Jacksonville Thursday evening but depending on traffic and if we are making good time may push it to Daytona Beach. If it was just my wife and I traveling we would have driven straight through to Miami but traveling with our 16 year old daughter and her 17 year old friend that seems like a little much for them. 

We decided to not even book a room for the 1st leg of the drive so we can simply stop when we want to for the night. 2 more days and we get to leave, dear lord these last few days will drag!!!!

Safe travels and will be following along your journey! We use to always bring my now adult kids friends on cruises with us too.

We are sailing Joy out of NY in August. Cannot wait!

On 4/3/2023 at 9:07 AM, FlGoodShips said:

Have you signed up for the Meet & Greet? I see some peeps from Boca are listed.

22 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Do you know the difference between a Club Balcony Suite, Suite and the Haven?

Yep. $$$🙃

And, of course, if the ship you're going on has The Haven complex (The Joy does have all that.), you have a private restaurant, bar, pool. and courtyard. Also a butler and a concierge.

There is a problem with The Haven, though. All together now: 🎵🎵 "Once you do The Haven, there's no going back,"

24 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

Have you signed up for the Meet & Greet? I see some peeps from Boca are listed.

The CC Roll Call has virtually been non existent for tis sailing. Very odd and I do not have Facebook 

17 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

Yep. $$$🙃

And, of course, if the ship you're going on has The Haven complex (The Joy does have all that.), you have a private restaurant, bar, pool. and courtyard. Also a butler and a concierge.

There is a problem with The Haven, though. All together now: 🎵🎵 "Once you do The Haven, there's no going back,"

This is so true! We won Haven bids past 2 NCL Cruises, this one we simply booked it lol...First time in Aft Facing Haven suite, I know people say the vibration, but i worked on board cruise ships for 5 years, and never had a vibration that affected me to the point it impacted the actual vactation

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

The CC Roll Call has virtually been non existent for tis sailing. Very odd and I do not have Facebook 

When you're on the main "Boards"  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/ 

scroll down to "Roll Calls"

click on "Norwegian Cruise Lines Roll Calls" which takes you to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/66-norwegian-cruise-line-roll-calls/

scroll down to "Norwegian Joy Roll Calls" where you will have the option to choose which month you are cruising

The Joy April 15, 2023 is the first listing (!) https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=803&q=Apr April

There are currently 10 pages. Just post asking to be added and there ya go!

Looking forward to seeing you on board!

7 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

When you're on the main "Boards"  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/ 

scroll down to "Roll Calls"

click on "Norwegian Cruise Lines Roll Calls" which takes you to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/66-norwegian-cruise-line-roll-calls/

scroll down to "Norwegian Joy Roll Calls" where you will have the option to choose which month you are cruising

The Joy April 15, 2023 is the first listing (!) https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=803&q=Apr April

There are currently 10 pages. Just post asking to be added and there ya go!

Looking forward to seeing you on board!

I am going on the April 8th Cruise not 15th

52 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

This is so true! We won Haven bids past 2 NCL Cruises, this one we simply booked it lol...First time in Aft Facing Haven suite, I know people say the vibration, but i worked on board cruise ships for 5 years, and never had a vibration that affected me to the point it impacted the actual vactation

Yeah...I was told a loooong time ago to book the lowest priced cabin IN THE CATEGORY YOU WANT, just to not be disappointed. So, once we sailed The Haven, that was it!

Sadly, my husband is no longer with us, so I've chosen to sail alone. In The Haven. Ye$, pricey. That's why I take only one vacation a year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

The Joy for April 8th is the third one down.

There are 4 pages.

I know, but look at the activity, most of it is mine and maybe one or two others.