Platinum level kids sailing with gold level grandparent

atobols

We're planning for our 10-day Alaskan cruise in a couple of months.  My kids are platinum level but they're staying in their grandmother's cabin, she's gold level.  My husband and I are also platinum and in our own cabin.  Will Grandma be able to join us at any platinum/elite events or in the lounge for embarkation/disembarkation?  

1 hour ago, atobols said:

We're planning for our 10-day Alaskan cruise in a couple of months.  My kids are platinum level but they're staying in their grandmother's cabin, she's gold level.  My husband and I are also platinum and in our own cabin.  Will Grandma be able to join us at any platinum/elite events or in the lounge for embarkation/disembarkation?  

They will allow togetherness at check-in.  Disembark doesn't really matter.  IDK about the PES "lounge" for late afternoon noshing.  They normally ask for Medallion to check color level.  I don't imagine a guest will be a big deal - just ask.  The PES is not a highly attended event in my past infrequent observations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, atobols said:

We never had a problem taking our kids who are Ruby.  But we rarely attended.  We did take our kids with us for Embarkation and they never said anything.

• Thanks 1

We were able to use the elite/platinum boarding line and lounge area with gold family members in Port Everglades.  IIRC technically, the gold grandmother is considered to be in the same travel party as the platinum children if their booking documents show her assigned to the same cabin as the platinum children.  It has been my experience that they usually aren't strict about enforcing the rules as long as there are platinum passengers bringing the blue/gold/ruby passengers along with them.  I have had the same experience with the disembarkation lounge as well.

I'm not sure children (of any status) would be permitted to enter and remain in the afternoon PES cocktail lounge.  Maybe someone who has traveled with children could address this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

We were able to use the elite/platinum boarding line and lounge area with gold family members in Port Everglades.  IIRC technically, the gold grandmother is considered to be in the same travel party as the platinum children if their booking documents show her assigned to the same cabin as the platinum children.  It has been my experience that they usually aren't strict about enforcing the rules as long as there are platinum passengers bringing the blue/gold/ruby passengers along with them.  I have had the same experience with the disembarkation lounge as well.

I'm not sure children (of any status) would be permitted to enter and remain in the afternoon PES cocktail lounge.  Maybe someone who has traveled with children could address this.

Why not? We have seen children with their parents many times in PES lounge. I can't even see a reason that they couldn't be there alone if they are eligible, they just can't drink alcohol.

• Thanks 2