HAL General Phone Number observation

Live4cruises

Hello,

After my unsatisfactory phone experience with HAL yesterday and today, I am wondering if they have chosen to outsource/offshore this service.  My hold time both days was greater than 40 minutes, and the agents seem to have no knowledge of their products.  Yesterday (Sunday), I put the wait time down to a busy weekend, but today - even early in the morning when I gave up - was similarly slow.

One of my questions was about disembarkation time. My confirmation itinerary shows arrival at 1:00 a.m. in Whittier.  I suggested that surely this was an arrival time and not actual disembarkation, but she assured me that she asked her local supervisor and that was indeed what the itinerary showed.  I pushed back (politely, I promise!) again, and was told that I would need to contact Guest Services directly. The local supervisor and a secondary contact were both red flags for me.  

I also inquired about what facilities were available on a long bus ride, particularly rest room facilities. As she read my list of questions back to me, she asked if I wanted to know what facilities the bus had for resting.  I clarified that I meant toilets.  

If HAL has outsourced their phone services, it does not make me at all happy.  For whatever that's worth!

I've found that in the same week the hold time can depend on the day and time. Some days are generally busier, but sometimes it's just random. One day I was on hold for 30 minutes, and the next day my call was answered immediately.

In addition to Weekends, Mondays seem to be very busy days.

They may not all be offshore, but there's a lot of outsourcing and too little training. In my attempts to get information about a cruise, I got no help at all in two different calls. One transferred me to "guest services" but that just took me to the same press1, press 2 menu that I started with. I tried chat, and that agent couldn't answer my question, gave me links I had already found on the website, and then gave me information I knew to be wrong. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

On 4/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, ShipWalker said:

Whenever I contact any business help line I always causally ask where they are located.

The farthest offshore location for HAL I have found so far is Arizona.

And of course Arizona is the home for many cruise ports….

Ive looked up the open jobs list for HAL, thinking I MIGHT consider part time work from home. I only found options for those living in Florida. Maybe I’ll look again.

12 hours ago, Dallas Glenn said:

You don't have to disembark until after breakfast 7 or 8 o'clock or so.  There is a restroom on the bus,  

Since you actually know the answers to the OP's questions, you are obviously NOT a HAL phone representative. 🤣

• Haha 1