The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 4th, 2023

6 hours ago, tupper10 said:

I haven't posted in awhile.  Sorry that so many aren't feeling well. 

Gerry wow on helping the Ukrainian family - you and your community are wonderful.  

I am so impressed by all the people who keep this daily going.  Sandy, Debbie, Vanessa, along with the drink and wine ohf the day. I also thank all the people who post pictures of the various cruise ports, it is such a great way of seeing the world.  

My back surgery is tomorrow - off to  the  hospital by 6 AM. Today was a mixed blessing day:

On the negative front:  I found out at 3:30 PM today that my pre op clearance had still not been faxed to the hospital by my PCP.  When I called the office, I got the typical medical office phone system,  a person off site answering the phone routing me to numerous extensions all of which went to voice mail with a message telling me that I would receive a call back by the end of business tomorrow and no way to actually reach a human being!!  I finally got in the car and drove the 30 minutes to the office, hoping it was still open, which thankfully it was and got it taken care of. This absurd medical system in our country leaves a lot to be desired.  

On the wonderful front, at the same time I was doing all my pre op stuff, my DIL was in labor and we were waiting to hear about the new arrival. Our 4th baby grandchild arrived at 6:12 PM EDT, today. A beautiful baby girl. Unfortunately we won't get to meet her until June since with my back surgery I don't want to get on a plane and they live in NH.  Thank heavens for Facetime and zoom.

I probably won't be reading the Daily tomorrow so I am wishing everyone a wonderful day in advance.  

I

Sorry about all the hassles with the doctor's office today.  You are right about the mess trying to deal with their offices these days!  Good luck with that surgery and I hope it helps a lot, as well as quick healing for you.  What a great gift for your family with the new baby girl!  Hope you can stand waiting for that first visit with Facetime and zoom calls.  Good luck!!

• Like 5