The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 4th, 2023

The tumor has shrunk 2/3 of it size, but the diagnosis is lymphoma. We will be starting an aggressive pill three times a week and we go back in six weeks. He thinks this will give her another 2 to 3 years. And at 17 years old I’m happy.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10

Good morning and thanks all! 
@dfish those eggs look great!  But add me to the they gotta be cooked group! 

@Cruising-along so glad you had good test results! Sorry your DH got Covid, but hope the paxlovid works quickly.  I do wish more people would still mask indoors.  I have heard of a lot of cases recently here.  

@summer slope sending hugs, hope your dear pet gets several more good years.  Lymphoma is nasty.  

0DFF636D-6D22-4216-9219-FC9B2A20CE99.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Well the last 2 days have been a roller coaster for DH and me.  He wasn't feeling well yesterday morning so called in to let them know he wouldn't be working the Mariner game yesterday.  Later he took a Covid test....and it was positive. 😞  He's not doing too badly, a headache and minor cold symptoms. Thankful for that.  We went for 3 years without getting it.  I'm sure he got it on public transit going to/from the games.  He wears a mask faithfully but since it isn't required on public transit anymore...nobody else wears one.

Now the good news.  I went for my kidney labs yesterday and everything is moving in the right direction!  All the water I'm drinking, hardly any salt, and getting rid of and tweaking some meds seem to be doing the trick.  I'm not out of the woods yet, but definitely a big improvement from 2 months ago.  SO thankful for that.  Waiting for my nephrologist's comments, but I got the results early this morning.  I was afraid to look, seriously.

Carolyn, what wonderful news!  🥳

Hope DH’s bout with COVID is mild. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, summer slope said:

The tumor has shrunk 2/3 of it size, but the diagnosis is lymphoma. We will be starting an aggressive pill three times a week and we go back in six weeks. He thinks this will give her another 2 to 3 years. And at 17 years old I’m happy.

Dixie, that is good news. Still hard to hear.

• Like 12

@Cruising-along Carolyn please pass on to Henry a Get Well for me.

Shopping trip was successful and lunch at Chan’s Wine Bar in Destin was fantastic. I had the duck salad and Sue the grilled salmon salad both were so delicious along with the wine.

See Graham we go out to lunch now and then too.😁

image.thumb.jpeg.446c19f633cc6327690ab74cac25d147.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9309f42c86ecf359c565f66147905401.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  The laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away.  I got my walk in while the wind was really blowing in hopes it would help keep me cooler in the humidity.  It worked until the wind slowed, and now that I'm inside for the rest of the day, guess what?  It's blowing again.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Active thread today.

No newsman around to hug. I have no issues or people I need to walk around. I will salute school librarians. Interesting quote. BFF has been after me to read Dune; I think I have it on my Kindle app for the cruise. I'll pass on the meal and drink, and take the wine if someone else pays for it.

I haven't been to Haugesund or Norway at all.

It's cloudy, but going up to 70 today! But tomorrow thunderstorms and high wind and even a possible tornado watch! So they're putting out warnings already. Some people in a neighboring county still don't have power from the Saturday storms. I've been doing laundry, and trying to choose clothes to take. It's hard, having daytime clothes, then changes for dinner, plus the dressier 3 nights, plus 3 weeks in Germany. I fear just between all my meds, and eye drops/ointments, and OTC just in case meds, my carry-on will be full!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up today, with @richwmn help. Good photos of Ren in action. 

@grapau27 Thank you for the explanation. I hope the injection helps. I go on Friday for mine.

@aliaschief Good memes!

@rafinmd Your alternative meal sounds good.

@smitty34877 Good news about DH not needing surgical intervention at this time! Prayers that this potential new aide works out.

@cruising sister I'm glad you and DSIL are having a nice time. Cute story about DGS.

@marshhawk Good luck with the scan on Thursday. My last stress test in January was a PET stress test. So I had 2 injections; the radiolabeled glucose and the med to speed up the heart since with my knee I couldn't do the treadmill. I was shocked to see that my insurance was charged $19k for the test! I had to pay $225, and insurance only paid them about $3k.

@RMLincoln Prayers for good news tomorrow at DH's eye surgery follow-up. Thanks for the photos.

@ottahand7 Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for the planting today. Thanks for the photo.

@MisterMatthew Welcome to the Daily!

@summer slope I hope you get good news at the Vet.

@luvteaching Good to hear that DH is making progress. I hope the heart test shows improvement. 

@durangoscots Susan, it sounds like you're feeling better.

@Cruising-along Sorry to hear about DH testing positive, and hopefully he isn't feeling too bad, and you stay negative. I worry that even though I'll wear a mask in the airport and on the plane, no one else will be. Yay on the improvement in your kidney tests!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

Vanessa, I hope the injections on Friday help with the pain.  One thing I keep reminding myself when trying to figure out what to pack, is that I'll probably never see most of these people again.  If we're doing b2bs, I pack for the longest segment.  Then if there is room in the suitcase, and the weight is still within the allowed limits, I add a few extra things, so I won't be bored with wearing the same thing all the time.  I've never mastered the art of packing light.  🤣

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I'm sorry to hear Henry has Covid.  I hope it is a short, mild case.  Your news is so much better.  Keep up the good work on the kidneys!

I was laughing at all the comments about runny eggs.  I have to have the whites completely cooked.  If they aren't, I won't eat them.  So, I am in the group that may pre-cook the eggs.  The other idea is to baste the tops of the eggs in the juice and put a lid on for a minute or two.  

I guess I'm the odd ball when it comes to eggs.  I like the white cooked and not runny, but I like the yolks runny.  DH on the other hand likes his eggs cooked hard with broken yolks.  

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Drum Roll Please! Just got a reasonable up grade to a Neptune suite.

🥂 🍾 👏  That's great news!

32 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Dixie, that is good news about the tumor, but sorry about the lymphoma diagnosis.  I hope the aggressive pill is not to hard for her to handle, and that she will have several more good years.

31 minutes ago, dfish said:

Taxes are done!

Play time!

Debbie, time to celebrate!

6 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

It is an early morning for me in Tucson. I guess I am still on CST. We are headed to Mount Lemon this morning. It will be a chilly one.  We had a beautiful day yesterday.  My DSIL is loving being here and she is moving around well with her cane,.  This is not the most handicapped friendly resort but the staff is so nice and accommodating.

My DGS wanted SDS to win last night and called me crying near the end of the game. Mind you he is 5 and does not know SDS but took a liking to them during the tournament. I told him I liked UConn so he started cheering for them. My DS thanked me and I reminded him like father like son!

Have a great day everyone and prayers to those on the care list and to others that need it.

Lorraine, that is a cute story about your grandson.

Lenda

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Shopping trip was successful and lunch at Chan’s Wine Bar in Destin was fantastic. I had the duck salad and Sue the grilled salmon salad both were so delicious along with the wine.

See Graham we go out to lunch now and then too.😁

image.thumb.jpeg.446c19f633cc6327690ab74cac25d147.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9309f42c86ecf359c565f66147905401.jpeg

Food looks delicious Bruce.

• Like 7

Its 80 outside and very humid. AC is checked and leaves removed. I have a roofer who is expected to show up soon with an estimate for a roof on my son's house. I'm sure it will be almost as much as a cruise but we do need to keep a roof over our heads.  My son was on his way over to do laundry and his car gave up the ghost. He limped it home and is bringing his clothes over on his motor cycle.  When it rains it pours. A pelican sat on my dock and is still there. So pretty. 

• Like 14

4 hours ago,  aliaschief said: 

Like lobster and blueberries in Maine; many uses. We had sugar on snow parties. Then we would beat the syrup until it congeals then we would spread it on our toast. Granulated maple sugar, fudge, ice cream. Got to put some in home made baked beans, cake frosting, glazes etc. 

It takes approximately 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of maple syrup. Quite the process but easier today than our ancestors. 
Canada is the largest producer but Vermonters swear theirs is the best. It’s all good and there is no comparison to real maple syrup.

Expand  

😉When he finishes whatever “carrying agent “ he is eating, my Dad fills a spoon with more syrup and swallows that. I’ve offered him a straw….

19 hours ago,  OlsSalt said: 

One benefit I always mention is when you pick another cruise line, you get to take photos of the beautiful HAL ships in the background of your Glacier Bay shots.

Otherwise if you are on the HAL ship,  you get stuck with some other brand's ugly duckling ships in your money shots.  🤢

Expand  

Love it!!

@luvteaching

Good news for you both!

Edited just now by TiogaCruiser

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

He says thank you! 🙂  

52 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I guess I'm the odd ball when it comes to eggs.  I like the white cooked and not runny, but I like the yolks runny.  DH on the other hand likes his eggs cooked hard with broken yolks.  

Lenda

Lenda then you and I are both odd balls.  That's exactly how I like my eggs too.  And my DH likes his eggs like your DH likes his.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 8

It is a sunny 70 degree day in MD so I decided that I should get to work on cleaning out the native garden I created along the woods line in my yard.  Unfortunately, I had to deal with two invasive plants.  The garlic mustard was easy to pull because of all the rain we had over the weekend.  The Multiflora rose was the problem, I was wearing long leather gloves to cut the vines by hand  but still getting stuck constantly.  Next step will be to spread wildflower seeds to attract the butterflies and birds.  It will be worth it when everything is blooming this summer.

There has been a 20% decline in the number of school librarians in the past decade. Unfortunately,  the schools lacking librarians are often the ones that need them the most; smaller, rural districts, and those with higher proportions of English-language learners, Hispanic students, and low-income students were more likely to lack a librarian.  There has been a rise in attempted book challenges and bannings nationwide. This will inevitably affect school librarians and their material selections. A great way to appreciate school librarians is to advocate on their behalf so they can focus on making their facility an excellent learning center.  Please support school librarians not just today but everyday.4EDC542D-E08F-4444-83BA-248ED83E997F.thumb.jpeg.5355be9b75b197c361400181118eb748.jpeg

Sending positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 19

17 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

He says thank you! 🙂  

Lenda then you and I are both odd balls.  That's exactly how I like my eggs too.  And my DH likes his eggs like your DH likes his.

It is amazing that between the four of us, we have the same likes for the wives and the same likes for the husbands.  Like my mother, I like to wipe up the runny yolk  with my toast.

Lenda

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It is amazing that between the four of us, we have the same likes for the wives and the same likes for the husbands.  Like my mother, I like to wipe up the runny yolk  with my toast.

Lenda

We both have our eggs fried over easy on our English breakfasts and use our toast to soak up the runny yellow yolk.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any progress on a cabana?

Roy

Still taken. Will check after boarding. Probably wouldn’t use it after San Diego. It was in 30’s and 40’s in British Columbia and Washington state yesterday.

It’s a 20 day cruise so maybe will be warmer by then.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The best way to eat fried eggs.  I'm glad Carolyn @Cruising-along and I aren't the only ones who like runny yolks.  

Lenda

Like the messy painters club, I'm a member of the runny yolk club.  DH only likes them scrambled, not looking like an egg - apparently it goes back to his biology days.  I'll never forget the look on his face when we were in Japan and he had ordered a hamburger.  He bit into it, not knowing there was a fried egg in it (soft yolk, of course), and it splurted out.  I thought he was going to lose it right there.  LOL   

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Like the messy painters club, I'm a member of the runny yolk club.  DH only likes them scrambled, not looking like an egg - apparently it goes back to his biology days.  I'll never forget the look on his face when we were in Japan and he had ordered a hamburger.  He bit into it, not knowing there was a fried egg in it (soft yolk, of course), and it splurted out.  I thought he was going to lose it right there.  LOL   

I wonder if the potential mess is what makes us member of the messy painters club and the runny yolk club?  😁

That would have been something to see.  When I fix eggs I have them fried, but DH has them scrambled, which is his preference.  He usually saves the fried eggs for when we are on a BHB.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The best way to eat fried eggs.  I'm glad Carolyn @Cruising-along and I aren't the only ones who like runny yolks.  

Lenda

Oh, don't get me wrong.  The white has to be cooked hard.  The yolk had better be runny!   Toast is worthless if the  yolk isn't runny!

My federal return and my Ohio return have been accepted, but my Michigan one is still in limbo.  That was one convoluted, complicated mess.  They are probably coming to arrest me.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5