Recent Eclipse Cruisers

Oceangoer2

We last sailed the Eclipse in 2017.  If you've cruised her in the past year, can you comment on its condition?  I know it hasn't been refurbished so has that affected the linens, carpets,draperies, etc in the cabins.  The common areas I'm sure will be in good shape, just concerned re the cabins. 

We were on the Eclipse 1st sailing (after covid) a year ago Vancouver to Hawaii. The ship was in great shape. We had an Aqua class cabin and the cabin was great. The carpet was a little old in our room but clean. Linens were great, draperies were great. She is an older ship but well kept. I know there was another poster who hated the ship but in my eyes they were nit picky over trivial things. Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on Eclipse last September, we just loved her. I was happy she hadn’t been revolutionized yet. We recently sailed on Crown Princess and definitely didn’t like the way the ship was set up. No really good public spaces and a lot of dead ends. You will love the Sky Lounge and Solarium pool area.we find her to be a beautiful ship . Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

We were on the Eclipse in Sept 2022 for Alaska, and we love the ship.

Was our first Celebrity cruise and we thought the ship was in very good shape.

The food was excellent, and the entertainment also, The crew seemed content and were great.

We had a Prime Veranda on Deck 8 By the elevators and was perfect size and location.

We thought the ship was very easy to get around.

We are sailing Beyond in a few weeks, but would sail on the Eclipse again and any other S class ships

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We last sailed the Eclipse in 2017.  If you've cruised her in the past year, can you comment on its condition?  I know it hasn't been refurbished so has that affected the linens, carpets,draperies, etc in the cabins.  The common areas I'm sure will be in good shape, just concerned re the cabins. 

Not quite true. Eclipse has not been revolutionised but it has been refurbished (2020).

We have just left her following a B2B in March and she was in fantastic shape, almost as good as first built, it's clear that carpets soft furnishings etc have been renewed. We first sailed on Eclipse in 2012 and it seemed just as good as. we were so pleased it has not been revolutionised and is as built.

We were in concierge cabin.

20230313_121043s.jpg

20230321_151547ms.jpg

• Thanks 1

I also am posting from the Eclipse.  We are nearing the end of a series of four cruises.  Since we could not book the same stateroom for al legs we have been in two different staterooms.  We were also on the Eclipse in April 2022.  So we have experienced the different staterooms since the Eclipse resumed passenger operations.  All have bee Suites.

All of the Suites have been in good shape. Some of the curtains have had sun damage.  Carpets all have been clean.  The shower curtain in our current Suite is so new that it still has the folds from its package.  The desk chair appears to be new.  If you look carefully you will se some dings in woodwork but the ship has certainly been well maintained.

• Thanks 1

Shower curtain? We always book concierge cabins and have never had a shower curtain. How can that be in a suite?  We are sailing in June to Alaska, looking forward to the journey on Eclipse!

17 hours ago, suzzek said:

Shower curtain? We always book concierge cabins and have never had a shower curtain. How can that be in a suite?  We are sailing in June to Alaska, looking forward to the journey on Eclipse!

How can that be?  Believe it.  

Sky and Celebrity Suites on M-class ships have tubs, not shower stalls.  There is a glass panel from shower/tub controls (controlling temperature, shower wand and so forth) extending toward the rear of the tub/shower which is about 24 inches in width.  The shower curtain and liner extend from the rear of the tub to the glass panel.

We just disembarked Eclipse today after the March 26-April 6 cruise to New Zealand. Our comments are that she is a little worn in places, but it didn’t affect our enjoyment of the cruise at all.

Some of the things we noticed that cause me to give her the ‘a little worn’ designation include:

Occasional scrapes on the upholstery of chairs (leather or fake leather)

Very worn wooden drainage grates (in some cases broken slats) around the pool areas

Carpet in stairwells was a bit dull and had an occasional stain

In ladies bathrooms there were often one or more sinks that were ‘Just resting’ (out of order), but there were others working normally

The awnings over the lawn area are discolored/ grimy looking, but obviously still functional

In our veranda stateroom 7276,  the carpet seemed somewhat worn, all drawers worked fine but there was a loose closet handle, and the veranda furniture was quite worn (but still functional). Some of the curtain clips were off track a little or missing, but it still closed mostly well. We didn’t have a sheer in our stateroom, just the blackout.

They ARE fixing up the Eclipse at least in small ways. Things we noticed on our eleven days onboard include:

- scraping off the old worn varnish on our veranda railing (and other adjacent railings) and re-varnishing them. My husband said they did a really good job!

- on different days, they drained each of the two pools (one at a time) and repainted the insides of them and refilled them. We observed the crew doing this painting one night after 10pm when we went up to walk around the pool area. This rendered each pool and adjoining hot tubs as unusable for about 24 hours each, but we were on a mostly cooler weather cruise (New Zealand Autumn timeframe), so it didn’t seem to be a hardship.

Hope these descriptions help. If you have any other specific questions, let me know and I can recall our recent experiences.

😊🚢

Edited by WeBcruisingMN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

How can that be?  Believe it.  

Sky and Celebrity Suites on M-class ships have tubs, not shower stalls.  There is a glass panel from shower/tub controls (controlling temperature, shower wand and so forth) extending toward the rear of the tub/shower which is about 24 inches in width.  The shower curtain and liner extend from the rear of the tub to the glass panel.

The OP is asking about Eclipse, an S class ship, not an M class ship

I was in a regular veranda state room on deck six and it was spotless.  My verandah railing looked a bit rough and my steward said the railings in that area were next up for repair and revarnishing.  

my only complaint has nothing to do with the age or upkeep of the ship, but with how uncomfortably low so many of the chairs around the ship are.  Not very practical for those, like me, who have trouble getting up from the chairs (cafe al Bacio along the railing, entertainment court, ensemble lounge). 

6 hours ago, WeBcruisingMN said:

In our veranda stateroom 7276,  the carpet seemed somewhat worn, all drawers worked fine but there was a loose closet handle, and the veranda furniture was quite worn (but still functional). Some of the curtain clips were off track a little or missing, but it still closed mostly well. We didn’t have a sheer in our stateroom, just the blackout.

Thank you for your comments....most wear and tear considering the ship's age is understandable, but the noted items above should always be repaired IMO.  Loose door handles, curtain clips 'missing' and no sheer curtain are certainly fixable.