royal caribbean royal up

1 minute ago, cruisinfanatic said:

do I have to do anything for the offer?

IIRC, if you book through certain travel providers (e.g., the big box one), they don't participate in Royal UP.  Otherwise, I think you have to be within 30 days of sailing.

FYI - I booked my cruise on Sunday (29 days out), received a Royal UP email on Monday (yesterday).

I agree that the 30 day thing is just a smokescreen.  It means nothing.

If you are within 30 days of a cruise and still getting the bogus 30 day error message, try putting the other guest’s name in (assuming there is another guest).  Sometimes my name works and sometimes my husband’s name works.

Edited by RFerrington

10 hours ago, scoodogg said:

We first noticed the button to bid around the 65 day mark.

My parents' offer was accepted 49 days out.  It was a weak offer too.

Still waiting on mine.

Wow, I would not have expected bids to be accepted at the 49 days out point.  Great news for your parents.

Just for some people to understand, there is no 30 mark.  You don't need an email.  You should see a link on your cruises when you log in on a computer.  

Also, this is a bid, and you bid based on what you are willing to pay.  If you bid higher, your bid might be accepted.  if you bid more than you can get the room now, than you have lots of money to toss around.  If you bid low, and you get it, than your are very lucky.  The majority of people do not win a bid.  Once you win, you can't change your mind.  So only bid if you have the money and desire to do so. 

Personally, when I pick a room, it is the price I want to pay.  I only need a bed, bathroom, and a balcony to sit on.  The smallest and cheapest room is what I get.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I recently received a Royal Up email (actually they have since sent a second one) at about 75 days out.

We are already in a CLS. The minimum bids are absurd.

I saw the same on our recent Oasis cruise.  It was our first time in a CLS.  When I received my Royal Up email I looked it over for fun.  I couldn't believe the starting bids for the upgrade!

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I saw the same on our recent Oasis cruise.  It was our first time in a CLS.  When I received my Royal Up email I looked it over for fun.  I couldn't believe the starting bids for the upgrade!

Those bids are not any better than the going rate for those cabins, and they rarely seem to be if you are starting from a Sky Class cabin. It's really just a way for them to shift any excess inventory down to the inside cabins while maximizing revenue.