What if the Airline Changes the Flight Schedule, Equipment or Route After Regent Books Your Deviation Flights

It used to be that if the airline made changes "before the reservation was ticketed", Regent would notify you. Regardless, you need to be proactive and check. This is what happened to us last month. My reservation appeared on Regent's website and my United's website. I checked every day until night before flight. No changes. Morning of flight (afternoon flight) I checked and my connecting flight to Dulles to catch flight to Lisbon had been cancelled. United never notified me which in the past they did. I contacted my TA and she contacted Regent. I called United and was put on hold for 90 minutes (I never got a hold of them). At 11am my TA called and said I was put on flight to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Lisbon that evening. Again, no contact from United and when I checked website my flights had disappeared including return. We made it to Lisbon, fortunately, and upon inputting reservation number on United website my flights appeared. No issues with return. Another example, morning of flight I was notified by United there was a change of equipment and seats couldn't be assigned until we got to airport. At check in we found out the new plane only had 12 first class seats (no business) and we didn't have seats. There were no other flights to London that day. So, they put us in economy plus which was the most horrible experience. Bottom line if check, check. and check the airline website.

• Thanks 1

i guess  have to be ticketed before i can 'connect' the flight to my FF account. My final payment was completed a week ago and the trip is ~120 days away. No sure how long it takes for ticketing.

1 minute ago, TheShag said:

i guess  have to be ticketed before i can 'connect' the flight to my FF account. My final payment was completed a week ago and the trip is ~120 days away. No sure how long it takes for ticketing.

About 70 days out from flying...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheShag said:

Depends on the airline. United adds the flights to my ff account immediately upon booking. I have a United booking ewith flights operated by Lufthansa with my Lufthansa booking number and a ff account tells me until flight is paid for cannot see my flights on Lufthansa or book seats while I already have my United seats. 

there is no absolute depends on the airline s as nd ALWAYS best to work with the airline direct if at all possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheShag said:

You have to have an airline Confirmation Number.  That happens as soon as Regent assigns a flight.  If you deviate your flight 210 days out (highly recommended) it happens immediately and you can go onto the airline's website and view your reservation.  Once you do that you can make changes as to seat assignment, meal preferences, etc. (dependent on the airline). 

Correct. i did the deviation on 1st possible date. Totally impressed with Regent Air! Reservations show on both outbound [Turkish] and return [Emirates] respective sites. No opportunity for seat reassignment [was given seats upon booking] or meal choices. Given the cryptic messaging I am getting, I am assuming payment has not been made to the airlines at last check. Flight out is 22/11/23 and return is 08/12/23 so I imagine payment is still a ways away even though my payment due date has passed.

Looking forward to in-air Turkish chef and upper deck/bar on Emirates A-380 on both return legs home! Given that each leg of total 4 segment journey is ~ 10-12 hrs, thankful that its biz [fingers crossed] on all segments!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheShag said:

No opportunity for seat reassignment [was given seats upon booking] or meal choices.

I have had luck contacting Regent Air and requesting a different seat. It helps to know what seat you want to move to. You can often get the current seat map (so you know what's empty) from the airline website by pretending to book the flight with a fake name, sometimes all way to just before payment. I have also called airlines and changed seats that way. (Some airlines won't do this until the reservation is ticketed at 60 or so days out, some will.)

Meal choices are often not available until 30 days before the flight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rallydave said:

Depends on the airline. United adds the flights to my ff account immediately upon booking. I have a United booking ewith flights operated by Lufthansa with my Lufthansa booking number and a ff account tells me until flight is paid for cannot see my flights on Lufthansa or book seats while I already have my United seats. 

there is no absolute depends on the airline s as nd ALWAYS best to work with the airline direct if at all possible. 

Sometimes you can call United and they can make the Lufthansa seat selection for you.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Sometimes you can call United and they can make the Lufthansa seat selection for you.

Thanks for the idea. Waited an hour and a half and they say a seat is requested said I had to contact travel agency to confirm purchase. Made no sense and suddenly gone. Will try flight ease tomorrow. Never had this problem before??