Last day to have laundry done

Shaver John

My husband and I will be traveling after our cruise and I was wondering if anyone knows the last time I can get laundry done and returned before we get off the ship. It is a 7 day cruise on the Discovery and we are in a suite, not sure if that makes a difference. We leave on a Saturday. I know I can use the self service, but prefer not to if I don't have too.

Full suites are supposed to have a 24 hour laundry turnaround so if you turn it in before 9 am on Thursday you should get it back Friday morning,  I wouldn’t risk turning it in on Thursday evening for a Friday evening return.

• Like 1

We’ve given laundry Friday morning and got it back Friday evening. I can think the room steward has to have the laundry in the laundry area before 9:00 am, so check with your steward about the time for same day service. 

• Like 1

This is what I do for laundry service when traveling in a suite:  In by 9 AM, usually returned by 9 PM same day.

1.  Once the steward threw it in the wrong (regular laundry wagon) and it took a couple of days to be returned.

2.  Laundry is not processed on turn around day.

3.  I would suggest sending the bulk of the items out a couple of days before you disembark.  You should get it back in time to pack the night before/luggage put out night....then send out 1 or 2 days worth of clothes the last morning that you don't care if it isn't returned.  

4.  I have yet (knock on wood) not have all my belongs returned.  But I have had it delivered the next morning (24 hours / express).  

On my most recent trip (not in a suite), I sent laundry 3 days before the end of my cruise.  There were less than 25% elites on the cruise.  Laundry was being returned the next evening (in by 9 AM).  I had to track down my steward to get my laundry back.  He delivered it closer to 8 PM.  I felt confident it was a good time line for packing.  I had contemplated sending laundry out the 1 day before I had to pack.  Too close for comfort.  Too many things could go wrong.  

• Like 1