Oceanview Cabins on Oosterdam

envy4u

I just looked at the deck plans, and I don't see any E-category cabins other than on Main deck, aft. 
It wouldn't be my first choice of location, as, except for the dining room and Lido, it's a hike from everything else I might want to go to. 

E Category for Oosterdam is on Main 1 rear.  Rooms are below the Main Dining Room.  I would NOT want an F upgrade because those are close to the World Stage and could be loud depending on when they have programs.  

Google "Holland America Line Oosterdam Deckplan" and you will get a .pdf doc that you can save to your computer/device and you can look and see where all the staterooms are by Letter (E, F, etc).  Also look directly above and below staterooms to see where the noisy areas are.  I avoid those.  That's why I don't do guarantees, but that's just my opinion.  

11 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

E Category for Oosterdam is on Main 1 rear.  Rooms are below the Main Dining Room.  I would NOT want an F upgrade because those are close to the World Stage and could be loud depending on when they have programs.  

F would be a downgrade, not an upgrade.  Going to D or C would be an upgrade.  That said, I've had F oceanviews in the past and never heard a sound from the World Stage.  In fact, I have 1010 booked on an upcoming Eurodam cruise.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

I had E1115 on Oosterdam for 32 days, San Diego to Rome.  It was a disappointment.  If you want to see out the window, you have to climb up on the bed.  I had the beds separated as I was solo, but still couldn’t get to the window because the nightstand was so deep.  It did have a couch.  The next spring I did a collectors cruise in the Caribbean on Westerdam, in an inside gty.  I was allotted K1116, one of the big insides.  I liked it so well that in 2012 in the Med for 24 days, I specifically picked that cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam.  This time my sister was with me, her first inside cabin.  
With Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam the OV cabins have the beds on the side walls, so you can get to the window.  EM

2 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

F would be a downgrade, not an upgrade.  Going to D or C would be an upgrade.  That said, I've had F oceanviews in the past and never heard a sound from the World Stage.  In fact, I have 1010 booked on an upcoming Eurodam cruise.

Sue/WDW1972

Yes I misspoke on that.  @envy4u D would be an upgrade but is still close to the World Stage.  As I said, and I was speaking directly to the OP, I would NOT have a stateroom close to the World Stage; I've been there done that and hearing the boom, boom, boom is not pleasant IF you are a person who doesn't stay up late.  Again, this is MY opinion and I'm not looking to debate other posters,as to what I would do.  I am just offering my opinion.