Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Thanks for the pixs

what is with the logs by the cabin door ? 
Post 398 first picture 

They are for the Fireplace of course.   LOL

Actually that is one of the high price decorative items Kelly Ann Hopper sold Celebrity as part of her "Design" work.    I'm sure I could get you a pair for $1,000 (U.S. of course).

I can only imagine her laughing all the way to the bank.   "Can you believe I sold them 5,000 of those.   The also have them in the Retreats of all she ships that have been Revolutionized.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Wow, you have a kettle.

Is that standard as you are in a Celebrity Suite?
I was under the impression that they are only on sailings from Southampton.

I don't believe it is standard -BUT    Iain being British I always request one.   They usually say not sure if they will have any but will put in the request.   May help being a Zenith in a Suite.    The butler also asked what type of setup we will need.... British Strength Breakfast of course==   Can I also stock some milk in the refrigerator for him.... But of course.   LOL 

Iain just made his first cup of tea ----  What no tea cups?    Ended up using my completed Cappuccino cup.  Almost like camping on the first day of a cruise. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Just noticed your luggage tag. We will be your next-door neighbors on the TA next week (11103). We have a one-hour drive so no worrying about flight delays.

See you soon. Ed 

I'll go down and tell the current residents to take care of it for you and get out early on turn around day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Just caught up! What a beautiful CS now you can relax and enjoy every moment. Looking forward to following along. We are looking forward to our next cruise in June on the Silhouette 1st time on that ship.

We did the TA last year on Silhouette -  She is one of our favorite ships.    I did a live post with plenty of pictures...  That's the cruise I came down with Covid.   Just about a year ago now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Who is the Suite Mgr?

Not sure yet.    Will let you know.    We may have possibly seen him in Luminae.   They were jammed and there was a tall slender man with some Gold helping to expedite things and clearing table.   Couldn't figure out who he may have been and Iain suggested Suites Manager.

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't believe it is standard -BUT    Iain being British I always request one.   They usually say not sure if they will have any but will put in the request.   May help being a Zenith in a Suite.    The butler also asked what type of setup we will need.... British Strength Breakfast of course==   Can I also stock some milk in the refrigerator for him.... But of course.   LOL 

Iain just made his first cup of tea ----  What no tea cups?    Ended up using my completed Cappuccino cup.  Almost like camping on the first day of a cruise. 

We always request one as well.  My wife is Japanese and we both drink a lot of green tea.  I have been known to steal those Tea Forte pyramids from the lounge and stock our room. 

One of the first missions I have is to go to the OVC and find two of the largest coffee cups I can and take them back to the room.  The bigger the cup the better. 

Time to catch up

We did all the safety videos etc at the hotel this morning so only had to do the muster drop by.  Our muster is the Theater. 

I usually have had to upload video to YouTube but recently seeing many are able to post Apple Mov files.   Let me know if they don’t work. 

It was a 16 mb file so took a while to upload. 

This is the Theater.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They are for the Fireplace of course.   LOL

Actually that is one of the high price decorative items Kelly Ann Hopper sold Celebrity as part of her "Design" work.    I'm sure I could get you a pair for $1,000 (U.S. of course).

I can only imagine her laughing all the way to the bank.   "Can you believe I sold them 5,000 of those.   The also have them in the Retreats of all she ships that have been Revolutionized.

I thought it was a foot stool so you don’t have reach so far to tie up your shoes 😁

Glad to see you made it onboard. 

I notice that the bridge appears to be disrupting your view. Is this problematic or is it just the angle of your picture .

Have a wonderful cruise. 

Lunch time

Really surprised that we were warmly greeted by Yuksel the Maitri ‘d.    We last sailed with him for 6  weeks on Summit.   He said he saw our names and was excited to see us again. 

IMG_1964.thumb.jpeg.12a6374d7437d0de99629c103e96de89.jpeg

IMG_1957.thumb.jpeg.d04e6d6581f5283543aa0c6da89fc48d.jpeg

IMG_1959.thumb.jpeg.27a568cea1f22ef5ec9d6a1e366907c9.jpeg

IMG_1960.thumb.jpeg.47741a5ef3f3e174ccebe6f1d0495f26.jpeg

I had the steak for the first time.  It was tender and nicely seasoned.  

IMG_1962.thumb.jpeg.3d00204e87231e61f06c47e79cde1b23.jpeg

Iain had the English Pea Soup

IMG_1963.thumb.jpeg.934d8a8478025fb7f1b469c8fcfd4f4a.jpeg

For desert we both had the Pear Clafoutis.   One of our favorites 

IMG_1965.thumb.jpeg.d4abeab445ccb6203d4c01443a9a77e3.jpeg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, dock said:

Glad to see you made it onboard. 

I notice that the bridge appears to be disrupting your view. Is this problematic or is it just the angle of your picture .

Have a wonderful cruise. 

Just the angel.   We always try to get this room.  Really quiet and you can watch the captain.   The door next to ours is the entry to the bridge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Followed your travel adventure, glad you made it to the ship.  Interesting that Apex still has the original day 1 lunch menu. Beyond has the new me use and the lobster roll is no longer serve red on boarding day, but was moved to the last day.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did the TA last year on Silhouette -  She is one of our favorite ships.    I did a live post with plenty of pictures...  That's the cruise I came down with Covid.   Just about a year ago now.

well hoping that does not happen to you again.

Ilike the Silhouette too.  I sailed on her out of Southampton to the Canaries.  Nice ship.

I am sailing on the Edge in August out of Barcelona and can't wait to finally see Monaco and then Italy's Cinque Terre.  I even have dinner reservations in Eden.  So if you do this on APEX, let me know how you enjoyed it then.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just the angel.   We always try to get this room.  Really quiet and you can watch the captain.   The door next to ours is the entry to the bridge. 

on the Equinox I had a balcony right next to Port side wings of the bridge and up one level.

I would sit on the balcony floor and stare in and they waved to me.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I usually have had to upload video to YouTube but recently seeing many are able to post Apple Mov files.   Let me know if they don’t work. 

Worked just fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It’s always fun to familiarize ourselves with a new ship.

Since this is your first E-Class ship I'm wondering what your initial impression is and whether it's what you anticipated. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Time to catch up

We did all the safety videos etc at the hotel this morning so only had to do the muster drop by.  Our muster is the Theater. 

It was a 16 mb file so took a while to upload. 

This is the Theater.  

IMG_1927.mov 16.09 MB · 16 downloads  

The video uploaded perfectly. The Apex theater is absolutly amazing, that screen adds so much. 

• Thanks 1