Celebrity App - is there a tutorial?

Canuker

My first impressions of this app for booked passengers is not too positive. Example: no 'home' button, no 'back button' and a 'refresh' button that doesn't.

From what I have found, most of it is for the benefit of X, not for its passengers. It seems to have been thrown together, with little thought for its users.

It may be just me; is anyone aware of a tutorial that may help with navigation, please?

The Celebrity App is a bit quirky but once you get accustomed to it is is actually pretty intuitive.

One thing that really makes it difficult is that they do have a back arrow in top left corner.   Unfortunately it is often a white arrow on a white background 

I find it very helpful in booking excursions, dinner reservations etch while on the cruise.   It is also really handy to check Menus and check activities.   One on the ship you can also select activities and add them to your calendar.

The Check In applet is also much easier using the app instead of the web.    You just scan the code at the bottom of you passport and automatically pulls in most of the information.

Definitely not state of the art but MUCH better than when it was first released a couple years ago.

I always suggest people search on YouTube and you will find a tutorial for virtually anything.

• Thanks 1

I've been trying to sign in to my May 3 cruise on the app for more than a week now.  Every time I enter my name, birthday, and reservation number, it says "Something's on the blink.  We're unable to link this cruise right now, so please try again later."

Should I call Celebrity to get help?  Is it because my cruise isn't for a few weeks? Any help would be appreciated.  This is my first cruise in 4 years so I'm out of the loop!

Last month we sailed on the Silhouette.  We have Samsung Android  phones.

The app worked for us when we were at home. After we boarded the ship and changed to guest WIFI we weren't able to use some of the app features including chat. Our friends with iPhones didn't have any problems. A ship employee had to do extra steps to actually access the ship's WIFI. That info should be provided by Celebrity. We also found out that the info on the app is not always correct. MDR menu items were wrong several times.