LAX International Clear question

highplanesdrifters

We are flying Fiji Air out of LAX, 11:58pm flight to join SS Explorer.  I've just learned that Fiji air does NOT participate in TSA pre check. 

Question: Is there a Clear station in the non TSA pre check line? I know Clear exists in the International terminal.  Just wondering if there are multiple locations.  I've googled the heck out of this and can't find anything.

Thanks for any assistance. 

12 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I thought Clear only operated in the Pre-Check line, regardless of airport, since a standard line would defeat its purpose.

SLC has two Clear lines, one for TSAPre and one for not. They both put you at the head of the respective line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

We are flying Fiji Air out of LAX, 11:58pm flight to join SS Explorer.  I've just learned that Fiji air does NOT participate in TSA pre check. 

Question: Is there a Clear station in the non TSA pre check line? I know Clear exists in the International terminal.  Just wondering if there are multiple locations.  I've googled the heck out of this and can't find anything.

Thanks for any assistance. 

I think you may want to see if Clear is open that late in terminal. 

• Like 1

According to my Clear app, the Clear line in Terminal B at LAX closes at 10PM. No indication whether it is for the PreCheck line only, or both at that location. Good luck!

Hate it when you get stuck on an airline that doesn't participate in TSA PreCheck! That definitely slows down the process.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

According to my Clear app, the Clear line in Terminal B at LAX closes at 10PM. No indication whether it is for the PreCheck line only, or both at that location. Good luck!

Hate it when you get stuck on an airline that doesn't participate in TSA PreCheck! That definitely slows down the process.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ronrick1943 said:
10 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Once in SFO pre check had a one hour wait, yes pre check—with Clear it took 10 minutes.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

A word of caution that if you use CLEAR at LAX (or honestly anywhere else), use the fingerprint biometrics. I experienced damage to my left eye from the CLEAR scanner at LAX several years ago.  

Can you expand? I thought Clear used an Iris scan which is supposed to be a digital photograph and less invasive than a retina scan.  Thanks.

Edited by highplanesdrifters

One trick to remember at LAX:

There is an airside connector between TBIT and T4.  So if the security screening is ever too damned long at one, know that you can enter through the other terminal and use the connector to go to the other one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1