Trying to input details on Cunard Web page

moses0

I have tried and tried and tried to put the details for my emergency contact in "My Cunard" to no avail. I have tried it in Safari and in Chrome on the computer and iPad. I have tried on two separate voyages. I have tried it on my wife's page. All to no avail. I'm I missing something? Any one else having this problem? Is it driving any one else nuts? Any help greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moses0 said:

Any idea how long this has been a problem. i wonder why they don't fix it

At least since early 2022. We had to phone in to get ours completed for a May 2022 trip. Given how many people it seems to have affected, with the resulting staff time to update the fields, it would certainly have been more cost effective to fix the IT problem.

Edited by TouchstoneFeste
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, moses0 said:

Any idea how long this has been a problem. i wonder why they don't fix it

That bug has been around for at least a year, maybe more, in one form or another. If you scroll to the top of the screen after you have submitted your emergency contact information, you will probably see a faint red error message telling you "Invalid Emergency Contact Address - State".

The bug appears to manifest itself differently for different people. Since that error message I get mentions "State", it may be more prevalent for those in the US. In my case, I am able to enter my emergency contact information (as the lead passenger) but I am not able to enter it for my wife (as the second passenger on the same booking). Once I've entered my emergency contact information, I can't change it.

Any attempt to enter the emergency contact information for my wife or to change my own emergency contact information is met with that error message "Invalid Emergency Contact Address - State".

It does boggle the mind that a bug like this can go on for so long.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, moses0 said:

I have tried and tried and tried to put the details for my emergency contact in "My Cunard" to no avail. I have tried it in Safari and in Chrome on the computer and iPad. I have tried on two separate voyages. I have tried it on my wife's page. All to no avail. I'm I missing something? Any one else having this problem? Is it driving any one else nuts? Any help greatly appreciated. 

We have always called it to Cunard and they took care of it.

Saw the input while on the phone with Cunard to make sure it took.

Suggest this.. Did it for the last few sailings.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Just to ask the obvious question, you have pressed edit, I assume?

:) It's always worth asking @exlondoner, but no, it doesn't make any difference. My guess is, as @bluemarble has hinted, that there is something going on behind the "State" (of the Union) field. Maybe the checklist is full of invalid entries, maybe the code that does the validation just fails.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

:) It's always worth asking @exlondoner, but no, it doesn't make any difference. My guess is, as @bluemarble has hinted, that there is something going on behind the "State" (of the Union) field. Maybe the checklist is full of invalid entries, maybe the code that does the validation just fails.

Our problem was the next of kin........ XXXXX - In - Law entry not accepting.

Called Cunard, Deed Done!

• Like 2