Solstice B2B - April 15-29 - Mex Riviera & Pac Coastal

aring75

We will be spending several days here In September, so even though we didn’t get to do much hopping on and off, we have a really good idea of more things we want to do when we return. 

One of the trolley stops is Seaport Village. Since we wanted to walk a little bit (we have Murano dinner tonight!!) to burn off some lunch calories, this was a good stop. We walked around the shops a bit and then followed the Embarcadero all the way back to the ship. 

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.c277dfbadd802ed72d5d28d44f455932.jpeg

Your path takes you all along the waterfront  and today they had an open-air market with people selling souvenirs, handmade goods, flavored ice, jewelry, etc.

It’s a nice walk. Wide sidewalks, fully paved, and interesting sights along the way. 

IMG_1196.thumb.jpeg.7eff85168c45e6362f1a8330ca6b9f7e.jpeg

IMG_1197.thumb.jpeg.df1ca798584016d64e16e9fcfffb95f0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Yes they are! We missed it on this first cruise, but we are going to try to make it next time. 

Here is the notice we received in the stateroom. 

1 hour ago, CTSandy said:

They offered it on Solstice on the April 8 sailing - we attended and enjoyed it.

We attended and also enjoyed the event on our March Apex cruise. We spoke with the CC Concierge and told her we really enjoyed it and hope it will be fleetwide. She told us that was the plan going forward. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 5:33 PM, aring75 said:

Finally, we enjoyed a glass of Moët & Chandon Nectar Imperial which paired beautifully with the apricot soufflé. 

IMG_1129.thumb.jpeg.85812b122c3b6d4f36e6281b09925406.jpeg

IMG_1130.thumb.jpeg.4cc07492021bf88937d2388643cc9c3b.jpeg

And just in case you have ANY kind of room left over, they also bring assorted profiteroles to enjoy with coffee, tea, another glass of champagne…

IMG_1131.thumb.jpeg.31bf496e86f58adbd87dbaf1714d818b.jpeg

This was an amazing experience. It took very nearly three hours, but it never felt like it dragged. We were shocked when we saw it was 10:00 pm as we left. 

We both really enjoyed every moment of this. We had great table mates, great food, and generous champagne pours. 

I recommend this dinner for anyone who is interested. We would do it again!

The VC Dinner looks amazing, however although my partner would love the courses with seafood, I don’t eat any seafood, I wonder if advised in advance the chef could adapt the menu accordingly ?

47 minutes ago, LIMPIT said:

The VC Dinner looks amazing, however although my partner would love the courses with seafood, I don’t eat any seafood, I wonder if advised in advance the chef could adapt the menu accordingly ?

Yes I think they would (especially for allergies and intolerances). When we booked our reservation they inquired about allergies. That would definitely be the time to ask if your preferences could be accommodated. Hope it works out for you!

At the beginning of the meal you are treated with an amuse bouche which changes daily. 

Today it was a beetroot macaron with bleu cheese and beet emulsion. I know it might sound a little weird, but all the flavors were delicious together. 

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.70b3c8c21d8ee0e3240c5bf59499d35d.jpeg

I started with the diver scallop Wellington 

IMG_1205.thumb.jpeg.a9b346a7cece9a42db54536e5b1d3fe7.jpeg

IMG_1206.thumb.jpeg.387aec7cfe638a719635dc15cdd602a3.jpeg

• Like 1

Mark and I opted to share the chateaubriand for two and also the Murano lobster. Such a yummy play on surf and turf. 

The lobster is prepared table side and you can add or subtract any of the ingredients as they are cooking. 

IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.934b9a440221f3866df77c9b55965615.jpeg

IMG_1209.thumb.jpeg.31684acf4ea17606c12be0d3f2707705.jpeg

We requested “medium” for the chateaubriand so were slightly disappointed in the cook temp, but everything was just so good it didn’t matter too much to us. 

IMG_1210.thumb.jpeg.ec93af8c26c0bac58e60c33c9fa9023d.jpeg

• Like 1

After dinner at Murano, they offer selections for a cheese plate (if you’d like). We didn’t have a lot of room left, so asked our waiter to just bring two or three that he recommends. 

IMG_1213.thumb.jpeg.02948b1b92b40e6624a2014a5c951f16.jpeg

Then for dessert Mark and I both opted for the Grand Marnier soufflé. It’s just such a good dessert. 

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.c0e80c4bf57a8c8199d558f37537cb9a.jpeg

At the very end of the meal they bring an assortment of mignardises just in case you may have the tiniest bit of empty space left in your stomach. 

IMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.4492ae87527fa219a67f409e0a6394c1.jpeg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, aring75 said:

We requested “medium” for the chateaubriand so were slightly disappointed in the cook temp, but everything was just so good it didn’t matter too much to us. 

IMG_1210.thumb.jpeg.ec93af8c26c0bac58e60c33c9fa9023d.jpeg

Yikes! That doesn’t look like medium! Glad you enjoyed your dinner nevertheless.

• Like 1

Just catching ip .. been busy adjusting to being back at sea.

There is no Ron Zacapa to be found on Millie. Best I have found so far has been Pyrat XO and I finished off the bottle that they had behind the bar in the Retreat Lounge last night.  

Luis, the lead Retreat Lounge bartender is going to see what he can come up with for me today.  

Glad you guys are having a wonderful time.  Looking forward to reading more.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Just catching ip .. been busy adjusting to being back at sea.

There is no Ron Zacapa to be found on Millie. Best I have found so far has been Pyrat XO and I finished off the bottle that they had behind the bar in the Retreat Lounge last night.  

Luis, the lead Retreat Lounge bartender is going to see what he can come up with for me today.  

Glad you guys are having a wonderful time.  Looking forward to reading more.

Spoke to one of the bartenders in WCB last night. Although the Zacapa is still shown on the menu on Solstice (and they currently have it behind the bar), he says they will be phasing it out. ☹️

They’ve made a few separate “last call” notifications for everyone to proceed to disembarkation. They just had to call several people by name instructing them to go directly to the gangway to exit the ship. 

Jeez people. I hate when the cruise is over too. But c’mon. Go home already. 

• Like 3