Just off Anthem ask me questions, I may be able to answer.

• Luv2teachandcruise changed the title to Just off Anthem ask me questions, I may be able to answer.

Back on her in 4 weeks ... are they still no longer leaving Freestyle cups in the cabin? Last year, it was utter chaos having to wait in a queue (and I use that term very loosely) to collect one - once we eventually realised that's what we had to do - after we'd asked the cabin steward where they were ...

2 minutes ago, allyfree said:

Back on her in 4 weeks ... are they still no longer leaving Freestyle cups in the cabin? Last year, it was utter chaos having to wait in a queue (and I use that term very loosely) to collect one - once we eventually realised that's what we had to do - after we'd asked the cabin steward where they were ...

They are not leaving them in the cabins. However, all bars have a supply. It was very straightforward to get ours a few weeks ago.

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

They are not leaving them in the cabins. However, all bars have a supply. It was very straightforward to get ours a few weeks ago.

Thanks ... thought it might just have been in that immediate post-covid chaos but good to know the bars now have them too 🙂

• Like 1

Question about room key cards. Are they still giving them out when you're checking in at the port? The reason why I'm asking, there is a lady that just got off a cruise, I believe it was Carnival. But apparently they put the room key cards in an envelope right at the door of your room. One of her family members had theirs stolen and the thief racked up some charges on it.  This incident was posted on TikTok.

36 minutes ago, sharod103 said:

Are they still giving them out when you're checking in at the port?

RCI changed to placing the Seapass cards at the door after the restart fleet wide. They used to do that on some ships like Anthem even pre-COVID.

The issue of the cards being stolen has been discussed many times in several threads over the years but any reports of it ever actually happening are just about zero. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sharod103 said:

Question about room key cards. Are they still giving them out when you're checking in at the port? The reason why I'm asking, there is a lady that just got off a cruise, I believe it was Carnival. But apparently they put the room key cards in an envelope right at the door of your room. One of her family members had theirs stolen and the thief racked up some charges on it.  This incident was posted on TikTok.

Pretty stupid thing to do with all the facial recognition and cameras on the ship.  I haven’t heard of a single confirmed incident 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allyfree said:

We had no idea where to get ours, but we were at Guest Services for something else and they said to go to any bar...we went to Boleros and got it in no time flat. Have fun on your cruise!!!

• Like 1

Assuming Anthem has bumper cars and roller rinks as on Quantum, do you have any idea what time those venues are open during the cruise? Days of the week, or daytime  or evening? Is it absolutely essential to have reservations in advance?

Since you just sailed, can you recall if they were a lot of kids on that cruise? (If so, was it an Easter break cruise?) our daughter’s  family is coming along and it will be July. So I’m guessing lots of kids will be wanting to do those activities.. It’s so hard to make reservations for things like that in advance - not knowing what other things will happen at what time or on what day. 

Also, what type of dining did you choose and which dining room did you dine in? If my time dining, did you make reservations well in advance? Anything else about your dining times or issues, please feel free to comment on.

Thanks and any info appreciated!

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI changed to placing the Seapass cards at the door after the restart fleet wide. They used to do that on some ships like Anthem even pre-COVID.

The issue of the cards being stolen has been discussed many times in several threads over the years but any reports of it ever actually happening are just about zero. 

7 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Pretty stupid thing to do with all the facial recognition and cameras on the ship.  I haven’t heard of a single confirmed incident 

Thank you for responding!!!  

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If properly set up at home before leaving, WiFi should work on the ship.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If properly set up at home before leaving, WiFi should work on the ship.

WiFi is not the problem, its making phone calls with WiFi Calling

It worked last year then I have been hearing it was no longer supported .

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

WiFi is not the problem, its making phone calls with WiFi Calling

It worked last year then I have been hearing it was no longer supported .

We were on the Anthem last week, and when Internet was working, we were able to use wifi calling

59 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

We were on the Anthem last week, and when Internet was working, we were able to use wifi calling

Good to know , because I don't want to rely on using the WHATSAPP to make phone calls.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:15 AM, sharod103 said:

there is a lady that just got off a cruise, I believe it was Carnival. But apparently they put the room key cards in an envelope right at the door of your room. One of her family members had theirs stolen and the thief racked up some charges on it.  This incident was posted on TikTok.

Fake news.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMiz said:

It worked last year then I have been hearing it was no longer supported

Some individuals may report issues with Wi-Fi calling but that is a problem with their setup, nothing changed ship internet wise (even with the switch to Starlink) to preclude Wi-Fi calling from working.  

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Some individuals may report issues with Wi-Fi calling but that is a problem with their setup, nothing changed ship internet wise (even with the switch to Starlink) to preclude Wi-Fi calling from working.  

I did 4 cruises last year the first 2 were on the Anthem zero problems 

no change in setting for the next 2 one on Celebrity one on the Wonder of the Seas TA

I could go to shore and go into a store that had wifi and use WiFi calling etc no problems

I have used WiFi calling for several years while cruising using a unlocked Samsung phones 

calls and text were not a problem.  While on the Wonder lines were long trying to get answers

I was told it will not work with AT&T sims and they were working on it, I use a Verizon 

On our Celebrity they flat out said it was not supported unless I used the app WHATSAPP  

So we downloaded it and I was asked to call someone to test it.  Test fail over and over , they asked to see my phone and checked my contacts , and I was told "OH your contacts need to also us the WHATSAPP  for it to work , they told me I should email people I needed to call to have them dl the app.

Now both lines states on their websites that you need the WHATSAPP to place calls  and receive text.

Celebrity refunded 40% of the money i paid for the plan.

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

While on the Wonder lines were long trying to get answers

I was told it will not work with AT&T sims and they were working on it, I use a Verizon 

That was a short term issue on Wonder only. On Anthem, and reporting suggests all other ships in the fleet, Wi-Fi calling should work, despite what you might see online. 

On 4/13/2023 at 11:39 AM, TheMiz said:

Do you have or hear of any talk about WiFi calling ?

The wifi calling was terrible. The wifi was terrible. We were kicked off multiple times, I couldn't check on my son at home, (who got sick and ended up in the ER) because the internet was so bad. We did end up getting 40% off our internet package, but should have gotten 80-90 % off as it was only usable 10-20% of the time. 

Edited by Luv2teachandcruise
Grammar

On 4/13/2023 at 10:23 PM, angelhelly said:

The internet rarely worked, so we were rarely able to use wifi calling. When we were on the Allure twice last summer, we had no difficulty at all with the internet, therefore wifi calling was great.

Even the ladies at NextCruise said since the "upgrade" wifi has been worse. 

21 minutes ago, Luv2teachandcruise said:

The wifi calling was terrible. The wifi was terrible. We were kicked off multiple times, I couldn't check on my son at home, (who got sick and ended up in the ER) because the internet was so bad. We did end up getting 40% off our internet package, but should have gotten 80-90 % off as it was only usable 10-20% of the time. 

Thanks 

I hope your son recovered from what caused the ER trip.

• Like 1