Woot, woot! I'm Platinum!

Eli_6

My check-in date for my next cruise finally changed to 16 days out and my luggage tags changed to "Priority."  I am probably way more excited about this than I should be!  Woohoo!  I get to join the "special people" club.  I know this probably isn't a big deal for those of you who are triple diamond, but it is exciting for me because now I get laundry perks!  And I no longer have to book a suite or do FTTF to get priority boarding!

• Like 26

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

I get to join the "special people" club.  I know this probably isn't a big deal for those of you who are triple diamond, but it is exciting for me!

Oh my God! Who let @Eli_6 into the club?  We used to have standards!!  🤪😉👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

My next cruise to Europe!  

That's actually a biggie @Eli_6 as laundry access in Europe lightens your packing.  We're going to be doing 21 days from Dover with a carry-on and a backpack each.  Now we've got the minimalist thing down pat but it certainly can be done once you have that perk. 

• Like 2

Haha, I was soooo excited to turn Platinum.  We were set to turn platinum on a Norwegian Fjords cruise in June of 2020.  The COVID happened.  Rescheduled for the same cruise again for 2021.  Cancelled again because of COVID.  We finally made platinum on our Alaska cruise in 2022 after all that waiting and you know what?  We forgot all about the Platinum/Diamond party and actually missed it!!!  I was so mad.  Cruising again in June and going to try my best to not let that happen again, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

My check-in date for my next cruise finally changed to 16 days out and my luggage tags changed to "Priority."  I am probably way more excited about this than I should be!  Woohoo!  I get to join the "special people" club.  I know this probably isn't a big deal for those of you who are triple diamond, but it is exciting for me because now I get laundry perks!  And I no longer have to book a suite or do FTTF to get priority boarding!

Congrats! Like Jamman54 says, next stop Diamond, I'll race you, lol. That's going to be alot of cruises.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh, we had a suite last year and used the laundry benefit...and I also did laundry in the laundry room on top of that!  Thank goodness that the older ships still have laundromats.   

There's a thread on a different media group about a current sailing that received a letter stating there were too many Diamond/Plats on board so they were suspending certain perks like priority boarding, past guest party, diamond captains lunch/brunch, etc.

Too much of a good thing became commonplace??