Pillows

HikaruTsuki

I haven't cruised since 2018. I always found Princess' pillows to be terribly lumpy (no matter the filling type), so I usually would bring my own. I will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess in a couple weeks and wondering if Princess has improved their pillows since 2018, or if I should plan on bringing mine again? 

43 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

I haven't cruised since 2018. I always found Princess' pillows to be terribly lumpy (no matter the filling type), so I usually would bring my own. I will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess in a couple weeks and wondering if Princess has improved their pillows since 2018, or if I should plan on bringing mine again? 

We were recently on the Sapphire and we did not care for the pillows.  We always bring our own "My Pillows" on all of our trips/cruises.

I must add that our travel companions loved their pillows.  Everyone has different likes.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3

Bring your own pillow. 

No matter how good the 'hotel' pillows are, they are not YOUR pillows!

I need a pillow between my knees to keep my back from spasms.  Even at home, there are six pillows on the bed, but only ONE is the right one for that task!  The ship pillows are too big/fluffy for that purpose, so I bring my Special Pillow with me. 

It is one of the things I need to sleep (along with my bite guard and CPAP.... I bring those too!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We were recently on the Sapphire and we did not care for the pillows.  We always bring our own "My Pillows" on all of our trips/cruises.

I must add that our travel companions loved their pillows.  Everyone has different likes.

Hi LACruiser,

DH has neck issues and needs a really flat pillow which Princess is never able to provide. I think he should consider bringing his own pillow. How do you transport your pillows as you travel? Do you have specific luggage just to carry them?

(As a totally off- topic comment, I notice that you are from Woodland Hills. One day I want to get there so I can buy one of those delicious coconut cakes that a certain A-list movie star sends to all his friends during the holidays. Maybe this comment is not so off-topic since I’m talking about Tom “Cruise”! Haha!)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

Hi LACruiser,

DH has neck issues and needs a really flat pillow which Princess is never able to provide. I think he should consider bringing his own pillow. How do you transport your pillows as you travel? Do you have specific luggage just to carry them?

(As a totally off- topic comment, I notice that you are from Woodland Hills. One day I want to get there so I can buy one of those delicious coconut cakes that a certain A-list movie star sends to all his friends during the holidays. Maybe this comment is not so off-topic since I’m talking about Tom “Cruise”! Haha!)

Have you considered an inflatable pillow?

9 minutes ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

Hmmm, good idea, Brisalta, I’ll mention it to DH. Thank you. 😊

There are many different types of inflatable pillow available with various different textured surfaces to choose from.

29 minutes ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

How do you transport your pillows as you travel? Do you have specific luggage just to carry them?

For long trips we purchase new regular sized "My Pillows."  They come rolled up in a vacuum sealed package.  Once you open them, you place them in a clothes dryer for 10 minutes and they fluff up.  And if we are flying, we leave them onboard.  

33 minutes ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

One day I want to get there so I can buy one of those delicious coconut cakes that a certain A-list movie star sends to all his friends during the holidays.

The store in question is very close to our home.  Those cakes have kept the business alive!

We took one pillow from home  for hubby and also used the vacuum bag. Turned out to be a good " cushion" on the way home to protect the bottles we bought on the ship. As for me , I take my own pillow case which is smaller than the large pillow on Princess and push the pillow in making it a bit fluffier. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We have never had an issue with the Princess pillows. They seem to be fine for us. (Hopefully I didn't just jinx our 32 day B2B2B in October/November.)

No way..on 44 cruises with Princess, we have never had a bad pillow!

• Like 1