Wrong name

Coupe

So, Princess has the wrong name listed on their website when she logs in and on the Medallion app. She cannot connect to the cruise we have booked because the name is wrong. We have called Princess six times to get it changed and they either can't or won't do it. They gave her an extension to call and it was not a working extension. Does anyone have any ideas?

• Haha 1

That's a bummer! Did you book directly with Princess? If so, their customer service is lacking. OTOH, if you used a travel agent/website you need to contact them, as it's their job to work things out with Princess. Good luck!

• Like 3

Thank's for your responses. After seven calls we finally got someone to transfer us to a customer service area where they could fix the problem. The people that answered the phone did not know how to do it and  they needed to pass it upstairs. They should have told us on the first call that they didn't know what they were doing. FINALLY,  it was corrected so it matches our travel documents. It wasn't the travel agent's mistake. It was ll Princess.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Glad you got it fixed!  Just out of curiosity...was it just a spelling issue?

No, Her first name is Sue and middle name Ellen. They had it listed as one name Sue Ellen. There was no place that it showed that so I'm not sure why it happened and why it was so hard to change.

LOL! My DW has the exact same issue as far as names.  She has a similar "double name" as does Sue and once she married she had "2 middle names".  That normally would not be too much of an issue...but The Princess IT team strikes again!  The field length for their allowance of middle names is one character too short!  In reality...it just doesn't matter (or at least hasn't mattered for at least 10 years.)  As long as her passport is correct (and it is) we've never failed to get where we want to go!

3 hours ago, Coupe said:

No, Her first name is Sue and middle name Ellen. They had it listed as one name Sue Ellen. There was no place that it showed that so I'm not sure why it happened and why it was so hard to change.

Huh, that happens all the time with airline tickets.  For whatever reason they combine first and middle names.  Hasn't been a problem for flights. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CruisinChris said:

IF you booked with agent, you need your agent to change it.  If you booked with Princess they need to change it.  PS It needs to match your travel documents (passport, BC, DL).

My booking matches my name on my travel documents but the stinking Medallion app will not accept my name when entering passport information!!!  I have complained to the app developers but not heard back from them.  Back when the web based Personalizer had a place to enter document information it was not a problem to enter my passport information.

Edited by brisalta

4 hours ago, brisalta said:

My booking matches my name on my travel documents but the stinking Medallion app will not accept my name when entering passport information!!!  I have complained to the app developers but not heard back from them.  Back when the web based Personalizer had a place to enter document information it was not a problem to enter my passport information.

I had a similar issue when I tried to scan the passport, but when I picked the manual enter option it worked okay.  The scanning option just kept telling me the first name wasn’t legal. 

13 hours ago, Coupe said:

It shouldn't have mattered, since the passport does not really separate your first and middle name. 

3 minutes ago, nyc12345 said:

It shouldn't have mattered, since the passport does not really separate your first and middle name. 

It makes it impossible to sign into your cruise on Medallion. It does make a difference.You're right - it shouldn't.

16 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

I had a similar issue when I tried to scan the passport, but when I picked the manual enter option it worked okay.  The scanning option just kept telling me the first name wasn’t legal. 

It does not work whether I scan my passport or manually input the information for the first name field.

12 hours ago, Coupe said:

It makes it impossible to sign into your cruise on Medallion. It does make a difference.You're right - it shouldn't.

It is one among a number of problems in the document section of the Medallion app.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:47 PM, brisalta said:

Typically when scanning the passport in the app the problem is the middle name (it’s a glitch in the app). Scan your passport and then delete the middle name in the app so only your first and last are in the app and then it typically will accept the scan and information. 

Deleting the middle name to get the passport scan accepted by app won’t negatively impact you.  Your booking has your correct First/Middle/Last ( which is what feeds your EZAir bookings so ultimately your air and name on passport will match) and the passport number and other relevant info associated with you will be uploaded into the Medallion App.   

Edited by Shelly97060

On 4/14/2023 at 5:36 AM, majmaj4 said:

I had the exact same issue. Couldn't scan passport and was driving me crazy with the name error.  Finally did manual and took first time.  No idea why.

4 hours ago, CLM0928 said:

I had the exact same issue. Couldn't scan passport and was driving me crazy with the name error.  Finally did manual and took first time.  No idea why.

Does not help in my case anyway I try it.

An amusing aside is that some years back when the clerk at the cruise terminal scanned my passport it crashed the computer system. Fortunately they had a programmer on hand who did an on the fly change to their code.

Edited by brisalta