P*rnstar Martini?

kayelbee

21 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

"Tee Many Martoonis", which used to be on all the glasses in Crooners.  They also sold playing cards with a recipe on each card.

I had two decks of those and gave one to each of our sons. I was going to buy another deck or two but they quit selling the things before that could happen. I do take exception to one of the recipes on those cards though. The card for the Chairman of the Board puts olives in the thing and that just really doesn't work for me. The Cointreau makes it ever so slightly sweet and a Twist is a much better option.

Tee Many Martoonies - Chairman of the Board.JPG

On 4/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, brisalta said:

I do not think I have ever seen ginger beer on board nor a really dark rum.

Recently off the Caribbean Princess.  They had Bacardi 8 and Goslings, both very tasty dark rums.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:44 PM, Thrak said:

I like the Chairman of the Board - Straight up with a Twist. (An olive doesn't seem like a good idea to me for this particular drink.)

Edit:  Crooner's offers a large number of things they call Martinis but it seems that is only because of the type of glass they use. Most of the drinks are not even vaguely what a Martini ought to be. (Not that they aren't tasty but just putting a mixed drink into a martini glass doesn't really make it a Martini.)

What we call a martini glass is actually a classic "cocktail" glass.  Many class concoctions used to be served in them.

• Thanks 1

Here’s my new Martini Glass given to me at a Martini Demonstration. Guess I should take it on my next cruise. For the Martini drinkers is this a great Martini glass to drink from?

I’ve never seen one like this before. 

Tom🤔

IMG_8826.jpeg

On 4/14/2023 at 12:56 PM, reedprincess said:

It's right side up and all in my files. What CC does when it embeds is out of my control. 

Many of us have had similar issues with images pasted into Cruise Critic. I did see a "fix" for images that appear sideways though. Some image viewing programs on phones or computers automagically show images in the orientation one would expect whether the file is actually oriented that way or not. When an image is pasted to somewhere else it tends to appear as the actual file is formatted. To correct this it is suggested that one open the image in their image viewing program, rotate it 90° and then rotate it 90° again and save it. That, in theory, fixes the "true" image and it will then insert properly. I don't know if it will work but the next time I have a "sideways image insertion" problem I intend to give it a try. Why your images became so messed up is probably due to the Cruise Critic Gremlins. (They are tricky little devils.)

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Here’s my new Martini Glass given to me at a Martini Demonstration. Guess I should take it on my next cruise. For the Martini drinkers is this a great Martini glass to drink from?

I’ve never seen one like this before. 

Tom🤔

IMG_8826.jpeg

From the photo I just posted I just copied & pasted it. Don’t know if that makes a difference. 

Tom

Princess actually has excellent passion fruit purée in all the bars.   It used to be Perfect Purée of Napa Valley but now it’s a surprisingly good aseptic pouch one.   

To order, ask for a Passionata up, made with Absolut Vanilia, or have the recipe handy. 

Princess has improved their rum selection of late.  Myers has returned, there’s always some decent Appleton, Bacardi 8 does mix well, and they’ve introduced Metusalem and Wray & Nephew.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, majmaj4 said:

what is Passionata Up?

It’s a cocktail that used to be on at least some Princess menus that is pretty linearly the drink requested.  I can’t recall if they were served “up” (in a cocktail glass, strained of ice) or if I just preferred mine on the rocks and ordered them that way.