Celebrity to RCI C&A conversion question

I have a question. I thought I saw a post about you can use any nights on Celebrity towards you RCI C&A status. I took a 15 night trip on Celebrity through the Panama Canal because RCI didn't have any ships going through at the time. I didn't know how this works since Celebrity and RCI are under the same parent company. Thanks!

Points accrued on a cruise are only for that cruise line and are not combined or transferable to the other brands owned by Royal Caribbean Group.  You do get equivalent recognition of member status though, so for example a Diamond member on Royal gets Elite member status on Celebrity and vice versa.  But the points remain separate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Equivalent status only goes up to Diamond (RCI) and Elite (Celebrity).  

For example, I am going on my first Celebrity cruise next year.   I am Pinnacle on RCI, my status match will only be Elite.  Anything over that on Celebrity, indeed I would have to earn directly on Celebrity cruises to get to the next levels for that line. 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Subman738 said:

I have a question. I thought I saw a post about you can use any nights on Celebrity towards you RCI C&A status. I took a 15 night trip on Celebrity through the Panama Canal because RCI didn't have any ships going through at the time. I didn't know how this works since Celebrity and RCI are under the same parent company. Thanks!

@island lady and @Anton are spot on. You can also book future RC cruise(s) while on a Celebrity cruise and Celebrity cruise(s) while on RC. You will get all the promos/offers for those cruises you book that Celebrity or RC is offering at that time plus your Celebrity CC and RC CAS perks/benefits for bookings.    

2 hours ago, Anton said:

Points accrued on a cruise are only for that cruise line and are not combined or transferable to the other brands owned by Royal Caribbean Group.  You do get equivalent recognition of member status though, so for example a Diamond member on Royal gets Elite member status on Celebrity and vice versa.  But the points remain separate.

Ok, Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping that I could move the Celebrity points over to my C&A account. Can't win them all I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Subman738 said:

Ok, Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping that I could move the Celebrity points over to my C&A account. Can't win them all I guess. 

But you did win by getting tier level recognition without cruising. Your lucky. We had to actually cruise to get Dimond and Elite before Celebrity and RC merged. I'm glad RC and Celebrity don't allow the cruise points transfer and put a tier level cap at Diamond and Elite. 

• Like 1