20th free cruise question

TonicTraveler

What you don't get now that you used to get is the air included. Seems fair as many people don't use Oceania air at all. It was a nice bonus when they did it. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

We have our 20th cruise in August and our Guest Statement shows ZERO amenities.  Our agent called for an explanation (and we also called) and the answer was -- if there are no amenities on your Guest Statement, then you get no amenities.  No OBC, no prepaid gratuities, no spa credits, nothing. This seems to contradict others' experience.  Can anyone clarify?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, 806James said:

We have our 20th cruise in August and our Guest Statement shows ZERO amenities.  Our agent called for an explanation (and we also called) and the answer was -- if there are no amenities on your Guest Statement, then you get no amenities.  No OBC, no prepaid gratuities, no spa credits, nothing. This seems to contradict others' experience.  Can anyone clarify?  Thanks.

Other posters have said that the 20th cruise has no amenities. I'm surprised tour TA didn't know that.

7 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Other posters have said that the 20th cruise has no amenities. I'm surprised tour TA didn't know that.

I read above post  #2  that said you do get the O club amenities 

No Air

I believe you have to pay taxes & port fees  though

Someone will correct me if wrong

But maybe  things changed for  new " free cruises"

from Oceania  T Cs  no mention of the O Club perks

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

The awarded FREE CRUISE must be taken on the guest’s milestone cruise and is Cruise-Only, based on double occupancy, subject to availability at the time of booking, is not combinable with public promotions, excludes government taxes and fees and cannot exceed 14 days in length. The FREE CRUISE must be approved and will be placed as a guarantee until stateroom category has been assigned, upon authorization from the Oceania Club.

52 minutes ago, 806James said:

You might try asking OceaniaClub@OceaniaCruises.com since they know the promo-details best. The only place I can find it on the O website is in the "change your OClub address" FAQ, but hopefully it gets you in touch with someone knowledgeable.

We had our "free" cruise on the Riviera in February 2023.  We paid taxes and fees, but we did receive the Oceania Club benefits for the platinum level on that cruise - $500 OBC, gratuities and $150 pp spa credit. Instead of the bottle of wine, we received a bottle of champagne.

The interesting thing is that you do not officially become "platinum" (i.e. get the pin, bag, etc) until the cruise after your "free" cruise, which is your 20th paid cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lj77346 said:

We had our "free" cruise on the Riviera in February 2023.  We paid taxes and fees, but we did receive the Oceania Club benefits for the platinum level on that cruise - $500 OBC, gratuities and $150 pp spa credit. Instead of the bottle of wine, we received a bottle of champagne.

The interesting thing is that you do not officially become "platinum" (i.e. get the pin, bag, etc) until the cruise after your "free" cruise, which is your 20th paid cruise.

We were also on Riviera for our free cruise and we were two days into it (Feb. 1) when Concierge called us and said Miami head office had just changed the rules and we would get all the perks from our upcoming level on our free cruise.  They were all in our stateroom that evening including “Cap & Gown” (pins, caps and tote bags).  We didn’t get our Champagne, Dom Perignon, until our next cruise which was on the Vista Founders voyage.

Thanks for the help from everyone, but it is still very confusing.  The only thing I could find in the promotion regulations was the statement that the free cruise is considered a "cruise only" fare and not eligible for OLife Choice OBC.  I took that to mean that the Oceania Club OBC (Gold or Platinum) as well as gratuities and spa credits would still apply.  But, once again, the Oceania rep said "no" -  nothing.  I wonder if others were issued a Guest Statement with a blank space where Amenities would usually be (as we were).

Let’s say someone has 18 credits.

The next cruise they wish to take is 40 days ( 3 credits )

( I am aware the ‘ free cruise’ is based on max 14 days )

Does the ‘free cruise’ become and be taken as their their 22nd, or does the ‘ free cruise’ HAVE to be blended into and become part of the 40 day booking ?

18 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Does the ‘free cruise’ become and be taken as their their 22nd, or does the ‘ free cruise’ HAVE to be blended into and become part of the 40 day booking ?

The free cruise would be the next cruise after the 40 day cruise.....

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, See_More said:

I wonder what the “free cruise” will look like when “Simply More” takes effect Oct. 1st?
Will it be Simply More or Simply Less?

if you are a 1/2 empty person than you assume it will be Simply Less and if you are a 1/2 full person it will be Simply More....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our 20th cruise is this December and I've just told our TA to convert it to SimplyMORE so the beverage package is included and I don't have to purchase it separately.  Will also be able to take an expensive car and driver excursion somewhere along the cruise.  And all for free.

For me, SimplyMore worked out perfectly for the 20th milestone/complementary cruise.

10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

they will probably pro rate the  cruise to include the  Free cruise

I would talk to your TA or O  for  the details

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I read above post  #2  that said you do get the O club amenities 

No Air

I believe you have to pay taxes & port fees  though

Someone will correct me if wrong

But maybe  things changed for  new " free cruises"

I think my comment was incorrect.😟

1 hour ago, golfguyhhi said:

Our 20th cruise is this December and I've just told our TA to convert it to SimplyMORE so the beverage package is included and I don't have to purchase it separately.  Will also be able to take an expensive car and driver excursion somewhere along the cruise.  And all for free.

For me, SimplyMore worked out perfectly for the 20th milestone/complementary cruise.

I'll be interested to see how this works out for you. With it being a weekend, and the 4th Holiday coming up Tuesday I wouldn't get excited if you didn't get an answer till about Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Interesting…I am in the same situation.  My milestone cruise is already booked for this December, and wonder if It would make any difference in the total cost if I changed it from “cruise only” to “simply more” (if that’s even allowable on a free cruise)?  The difference might be in the not included port taxes and fees, if those went up along with the fare increase.🤔

23 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Interesting…I am in the same situation.  My milestone cruise is already booked for this December, and wonder if It would make any difference in the total cost if I changed it from “cruise only” to “simply more” (if that’s even allowable on a free cruise)?  The difference might be in the not included port taxes and fees, if those went up along with the fare increase.🤔

As I understand, the free cruise does not have options for perks included....under old program, OLife perks were not an option but you still would receive all of your loyalty perks.  With the change to Simply More, this issue has not been addresses but , speculation only here, is that future "free cruises" will include Simply More.  I also assume, that if you have already booked your free cruise, it will remain booked as is.   After the dust has settled, your TA should be able to contact O and ask about the implications for your free cruise and future free cruise bookings.  Congratulations on earning your free cruise and enjoy!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Are you saying the “free cruise” would likely be blended into the 40 day cruise 

( 18 to 21 credit one ) ?

IE: the opposite of the reply in post # 16.

Your best option would be to contact your TA or O rep  & get them to  give you the correct  information

Some people have had the free cruise  as part of  a longer cruise   so maybe each situation is treated differently