Royal cruise to Egypt and Israel on Voyager - Anyone done it?

Eli_6

Both last year and in this upcoming year, we are taking cruises on Carnival in Europe.  Both times, we have spent time in Europe before and after the cruise since we fly business (for our family of four) and the flights are lengthy and expensive.  Both in 2022 and this upcoming year, we will be there for just under 3 weeks.  I am currently planning our 2024 vacation.  We have a 5k FCC on Carnival that has to be used (or I will lose it) so I booked a Barcelona-Barcelona cruise that goes to Pisa, Rome, Sicily, Malta, and several other places.  I have really been wanting to go to Egypt to see the pyramids.  I was supposed to go in 2020, but it was canceled due to Covid.  I found where Royal (on the Voyager of the Seas) has a cruise going out of Athens ten days after we disembark from our first cruise.  The only negative is that this would put us in Europe for pretty much 4 full weeks which is longer than we have ever been away from home.  Has anyone taken this cruise to Egypt and Israel?  Do you recommend it?  Are the excursions substantive enough to feel like you actually got a taste of the country? I am a little nervous about just flying there and trying to do something on our own with kids in tow.  My kids are currently 8 and 10.  They would be 10 and 11 at the time of the vacation in 2024.  I would prefer to take a major cruise line (like Carnival, Disney, or Royal) because my kids enjoy the slides, kid's club, etc.