El Loco Express

11 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Maybe go here and ask.    They just cruised 

We were on this cruise.  I only recall El Loco Fresh open for lunch and maybe dinner.  Would have loved a breakfast burrito.  But in part we never really paid attention to breakfast places other than the Solarium Bistro as it was convenient for DW and I to meet after my gym time and her walk.  We did MDR breakfast at  Coco Cay because it took so long to exit ship.  Their breakfast burrito was decent.

11 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

We were on this cruise.  I only recall El Loco Fresh open for lunch and maybe dinner.  Would have loved a breakfast burrito.  But in part we never really paid attention to breakfast places other than the Solarium Bistro as it was convenient for DW and I to meet after my gym time and her walk.  We did MDR breakfast at  Coco Cay because it took so long to exit ship.  Their breakfast burrito was decent.

Park Cafe also usually has breakfast burritos. Never had one as I prefer their version of a McMuffin made with a runny fried egg (at least on Harmony last May/June).

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Park Cafe also usually has breakfast burritos. Never had one as I prefer their version of a McMuffin made with a runny fried egg (at least on Harmony last May/June).

Not to hijack the thread, but the best thing in Park Cafe breakfast is the bagels with lox and the whole works.

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not to hijack the thread, but the best thing in Park Cafe breakfast is the bagels with lox and the whole works.

Yep, that's my other choice. We had a GS on that Harmony cruise I mentioned and were with extended family who wanted breakfast in CK every morning where I frequently got lox (sometimes in an omelet) so I was skipping it for my "pre-breakfast" trip to Park Cafe.

23 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I make plenty of tacos on CocoCay. Having a taco bar onboard is going to be a good problem for me, lol. If I like the otther stuff... oh boy!

Also looking forward to the jalapeno pineapple margarita at the attached bar. The description is pretty much identical to the Goalpost margarita from Playmakers and I'm a big fan.

How can you waste your appetite on tacos at coco cay. I couldnt finish my fresh hot funnel cake with a hot crunchy chicken sandwich. Too much for me at one time. The funnel cake was huge. 

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How can you waste your appetite on tacos at coco cay. I couldnt finish my fresh hot funnel cake with a hot crunchy chicken sandwich. Too much for me at one time. The funnel cake was huge. 

I can eat... a lot, lol. Between 11-3 on Coco Cay I may eat 3-4 separate times, not all at once, but by the time we leave I've probably had at least 1 chicken sandwich, 4-6 tacos, a funnel cake, and a cup of soft serve with chocolate chip cookies crumbled in it (my wife's dessert hack). The tacos are far less filling to me than sandwiches or funnel cake.

We have a favorite spot by the pool that is a good walking distance from both Chill Grill and a snack shack. We like it for other reasons too (we can hear the DJ but we're not right by him) but the food venues definitely played a role.

I gain about 10-11 lbs. on a 7-night cruise but a few lbs. are water weight that come right off and the rest only takes me about 2 weeks of going back to eating healthy at home to lose. Some combo of a good metabolism and the willpower to lose weight when I want to I guess. I'm not a big guy at all either. And just to be clear, I eat much healthier at home. A normal week is 5 nights of salad, some sort of lean protein, veggies, brown rice, etc. and 2 nights of eating whatever we want, usually going out or bringing in takeout.

I'd like to do a live review from Wonder in June that would mostly be food & drink related but when I've started one in the past it's always seemed like too much work and I've given up by day 2. We'll see if I give it another shot.

• Like 1