What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The admin of the FB roll call page for the 4/20/24 sailing, who happens to be a travel agent just posted some info from a conversation he had with the CEO while on the Resilient Lady's Mermaiden Voyage.

they are still finalizing what will happen. It’s pretty obvious this sailing isn’t happening as it is currently scheduled which is why they pulled it from sale months ago. They have known people are upset not knowing what’s going on. I was told that once they finalize what the ship will be doing, we will be offered that new repositioning; or we can move to another sailing. It won’t be staying in San Juan year round. They were deciding where it will go. It can go to Alaska, but that is dependent on traffic in the Panama Canal. Or it could be the second ship they are basing in Miami. That’s what is all being decided.

Definitely interesting.  I guess it makes me worry less about my Miami-SJU mermaiden, as it sounds like it will at least be spending *some* time in SJU.

1 hour ago, librarylady19 said:

I’d take a repositioning as long as I can keep same price and perks for sure !

It could end up just being an 11 day Caribbean that ends in Miami.

The Panama Canal would be nice too, even if it's just a partial transit.

The same price and perks are a must for us as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Brilliant Lady is listed at the Port of Amsterdam beginning May 8th.

https://sea.cruiseportamsterdam.com/cruise-calendar/2024/

Well spotted! Very interesting it looks like it's regularly in port from then onwards also.

Looks like it's doing some Northern European itineraries if that's correct. 

Edited by jamesv92

Just now, jamesv92 said:

Well spotted! Very interesting it looks like it's regularly in port from then onwards also.

Looks like it's doing some Northern European itineraries if that's correct. 

She's also showing up in the schedule for Belgium

https://www.portofantwerpbruges.com/en/shipping/cruises/arrivals-and-departures-cruises-zeebruges?query=Brilliant

362255047_10107526767090700_7361126266082265480_n.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Brilliant Lady is listed at the Port of Amsterdam beginning May 8th.

https://sea.cruiseportamsterdam.com/cruise-calendar/2024/

Didn’t the city of Amsterdam just vote to ban cruise ships? Can’t find the date they intend to implement the closing of the port.

Sorry this is super frustrating for you all.

1 minute ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Didn’t the city of Amsterdam just vote to ban cruise ships? Can’t find the date they intend to implement the closing of the port.

Sorry this is super frustrating for you all.

https://www.cruisehive.com/clia-clarifies-no-amsterdam-cruise-ship-ban/107414

Amsterdam NOT Banning Cruise Ships

Several media reports in recent days have quoted local Council members in Amsterdam, Netherlands with respect to criticisms about cruise travelers and the prospect of banning cruise ships altogether. The Amsterdam City Council has voted to ban ships in an effort to curb pollution and manage tourism, calling cruise ship passengers “locusts” with hardly any benefit to the local economy.

It must be noted, however, that the vote is a recommendation only, and there is no impact at this time on scheduled cruise ship calls to Amsterdam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

https://www.cruisehive.com/clia-clarifies-no-amsterdam-cruise-ship-ban/107414

Amsterdam NOT Banning Cruise Ships

Several media reports in recent days have quoted local Council members in Amsterdam, Netherlands with respect to criticisms about cruise travelers and the prospect of banning cruise ships altogether. The Amsterdam City Council has voted to ban ships in an effort to curb pollution and manage tourism, calling cruise ship passengers “locusts” with hardly any benefit to the local economy.

It must be noted, however, that the vote is a recommendation only, and there is no impact at this time on scheduled cruise ship calls to Amsterdam.

Thanks, the few articles I saw left out the vote being a recommendation. 

• Like 1

Amsterdam recently invested millions in power infrastructure at the port and it was also mentioned that cruisers are only 1% of tourists so hardly the main problem. Another case of cruisers being targeted. ☹️

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 1

Don't a lot of ships dock at IJmuiden for Amsterdam anyway? As far as I understood it the recommendation was for the closure of the city centre cruise terminal which is literally right in the centre and some ships can't get to that anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

Amsterdam recently invested millions in power infrastructure at the port and it was also mentioned that cruisers are only 1% of tourists so hardly the main problem. Another case of cruisers being targeted. ☹️

Cruise ships are an easy and logical target in a city like Amsterdam, where passengers don't spend nearly as much money as regular tourists. Cruise ship passengers aren't buying hotels, 3 meals a day, etc and they add a ton of pollution.

Obviously the cost/benefit analysis is different to economies that rely on that income. But that's why you see places target cruise ships, and it'll generally be places where the economic impact doesn't outweigh those factors.

• Like 4

Brilliant lady is listed (again) on the official page of the port of Gran Canaria for the 28th of April. The list seems actual as the first page starts with July 2023 and this then not an old 2023/24 plan. Unfortunately there is no possibility to check Lisbon as they didnt publish 2024 yet.

https://www.palmasport.es/en/cruises/cruises-forecast/

?wpdmdl=43486&refresh=64c1128cba4a716903

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is very interesting. Now I am really interested in seeing what other ports could be between 4/28 and 5/8. She isn't showing in Casablanca or Marrakesh. I'm not finding her in Southampton, Cherbourg or Le Havre either. Just trying to plot an ending destination based on what is showing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

This is very interesting. Now I am really interested in seeing what other ports could be between 4/28 and 5/8. She isn't showing in Casablanca or Marrakesh. I'm not finding her in Southampton, Cherbourg or Le Havre either. Just trying to plot an ending destination based on what is showing. 

As said earlier, with so many of us searching now, we'll probably have this figured out before Virgin makes an announcement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, PhilK2000 said:

Brilliant lady is listed (again) on the official page of the port of Gran Canaria for the 28th of April. The list seems actual as the first page starts with July 2023 and this then not an old 2023/24 plan. Unfortunately there is no possibility to check Lisbon as they didnt publish 2024 yet.

https://www.palmasport.es/en/cruises/cruises-forecast/

When you say “again”, do you know if it was removed before?

If virgin has these slots booked in at Zeebrugge and Amsterdam it could be plausible that they sail the transatlantic close to as planned and then sail from Lisbon to Amsterdam.

The longer it's left the more the speculation will build!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jamesv92 said:

If virgin has these slots booked in at Zeebrugge and Amsterdam it could be plausible that they sail the transatlantic close to as planned and then sail from Lisbon to Amsterdam.

The longer it's left the more the speculation will build!

Seems about right.

There are 18 days between San Juan and Amsterdam, so 11 days to Lisbon, and then 7 for Lisbon to Amsterdam seems like a good possibility.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I was trying the same thing! No listings for 2024 for Barcelona or Civitivecchia which could be likely stops. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Seems about right.

There are 18 days between San Juan and Amsterdam, so 11 days to Lisbon, and then 7 for Lisbon to Amsterdam seems like a good possibility.

7 days between LIS and AMS makes sense . With stops in Brest and Vigo for example . But for both I can’t find data in 2024 . 
i also think that another stop could be Portsmouth where everything „started“ 

• Like 2