What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

37 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

Just yesterday a friend reached out to me all excited that she had just seen Brilliant Lady being in Iceland in July of 2024. She said she had seen the itinerary and it was out of Portsmouth. When I asked where she had seen it she couldn't remember. I wonder if the Saturday night Labor Day party was a bit to much for her.

Scarlet was booked into Reykjavik, Iceland for 2024, which could have potentially been placeholders for Brilliant initially. This may be where she has seen this information. I get the impression that they were initially planning to visit more ‘new’ destinations like Scotland, Iceland and Norway next year, as part of the Northern Europe deployment, but pushed this back to 2025. In my opinion, I think ‘Portsmouth Shorts’ in 2024 is to basically test the waters and see if there really is demand for a full UK deployment, before committing to any of these other itineraries in future years.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

That would leave 5 days between the proposed end of BL’s TA in Lisbon and her first scheduled cruise from UK. It takes 2 days to get to Portsmouth direct from Lisbon, so let’s just say that they extend the TA until 4th,

My question is, why would they extend something for those of us with existing bookings for free, when they could sell it as a separate sailing.

We were looking forward to spending a few days exploring Lisbon, and possibly hoping on a train towards Amsterdam. That's the whole reason we chose this sailing over the Scarlet's TA, sailing out of Miami. I'm not sure what we'll decide to do if the cruise ends up being San Juan to Portsmouth.

3 hours ago, DrSch said:

What I have seen so far, is that they are selling shore things for the Brilliant for both December, and January (as the days get marked off).  

I'm on the San Juan Mermaiden and they have not yet opened up shore excursions. Our app doesn't even work yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

I'm on the San Juan Mermaiden and they have not yet opened up shore excursions. Our app doesn't even work yet. 

Same for the Dec. 24th sailing I’m currently booked on! Also not available to book excursions for this sailing as an agent!

The app doesn't work, however you can call Sailor Services (or your First Mate) and they can add them for you.

I was in the system and booked several shore things for the January 13th sailing.

After I did, they showed up in the app once.. then it went to not working again.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DrSch said:

The app doesn't work, however you can call Sailor Services (or your First Mate) and they can add them for you.

I was in the system and booked several shore things for the January 13th sailing.

After I did, they showed up in the app once.. then it went to not working again.

Thank you! I can now see the Shore Things in firstmates!

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

My question is, why would they extend something for those of us with existing bookings for free, when they could sell it as a separate sailing.

We were looking forward to spending a few days exploring Lisbon, and possibly hoping on a train towards Amsterdam. That's the whole reason we chose this sailing over the Scarlet's TA, sailing out of Miami. I'm not sure what we'll decide to do if the cruise ends up being San Juan to Portsmouth.

I ageee with you that it’s highly unlikely that they’ll extend the voyage at no additional cost when they could do a short revenue sailing to Portsmouth (or perhaps a media cruise). .

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, librarylady19 said:

Yes, according to their marketing person in the article in travel weekly. Let’s just hope we get a definitive answer on the BL TA - one way or another. 

Tomorrow is the day....Wonder if they will notify TA's today?  I'm thinking TA's will have lots of work tomorrow if any substantial changes are announced.

20 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Tomorrow is the day....Wonder if they will notify TA's today?  I'm thinking TA's will have lots of work tomorrow if any substantial changes are announced.

Was just thinking the same thing.. would be nice as a TA to have 24 hours to review what's going on.. I figured they would announce on the 7th but have seen it written that they would start selling on the 7th.. I hope they just announce.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrSch said:

Was just thinking the same thing.. would be nice as a TA to have 24 hours to review what's going on.. I figured they would announce on the 7th but have seen it written that they would start selling on the 7th.. I hope they just announce.

Sometimes it's all based on the Miami 10am in the office and release of items out to the first mates, well, first. I'm sure they will be testing, double-testing and getting it ready to roll smoothly tomorrow. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DrSch said:

odd, I am getting no emails as of yet

Thats because they have not released it yet. If your a First Mate its a Shore Thing you will find out about Australia and New Zealand later today, and loads of details. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lustate said:

Thats because they have not released it yet. If your a First Mate its a Shore Thing you will find out about Australia and New Zealand later today, and loads of details. 

I thought they would send it to my first mate account.. I will go out and play on FirstMates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is what i got back from my sales leader about an hour ago

We’re putting on our finishing touches and finalizing our ports of call for future itineraries. While we don’t have all of these confirmed yet, we do know there will be changes coming later this week. When everything is ready, we’ll make sure that you’ll be the first to know.

Warm Regards,
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ranger1227 said:

It will be interesting to see if they put it back in the inventory for the TA sailing 4/20/24.

I'm more concerned they are going to take the other Brilliant sailings off the schedule.   They should have just taken all of them off back in June or so when they took the TA off the schedule.. What they fail to realize, is that the people they are going to piss off most are the ones that spend their money for the rockstar and mega rockstar cabins..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

It will be interesting to see if they put it back in the inventory for the TA sailing 4/20/24.

That combined with a new offer for repeat sailors for voyages through to the end of May 2024 would be a good combo that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

I’m waiting impatiently for news - I’m booked for Brilliant Miami Mermaiden and need to know if I have to make other plans. The other thing that is going to upset me is I got a really good deal on it so even if they do cancel and offer credit whether 150% or 200% - it still wouldn’t cover the prices of many of the other available cruises. 

Keep us posted! 

5 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

It seems ambitious that the Boat is in Italy right now, they are going to bring it to San Juan for a few sailings and then send it back to Europe

It’s almost 4 months in San Juan. Plus I’ve heard those itineraries have sold very well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1