What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

Just now, Ranger1227 said:

If that is the case the TA voyage is scuttled and we are screwed.

Someone in a FB group mentioned an 11 day San Juan to Lisbon TA so it sounds like it could still happen but it could also be another ship. But I guess we should know more in 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

If they use a different ship and give us similar cabin and no other charges, that will be OK

Scarlet, Resilient and Valiant had full itineraries up to October 2024 so some cruises will definitely be changed / cancelled if Brilliant doesn’t launch on time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greenenvy said:

Scarlet, Resilient and Valiant had full itineraries up to October 2024 so some cruises will definitely be changed / cancelled if Brilliant doesn’t launch on time. 

RL is in Australia over winter, so it would not be able to step over and cover a delayed BL. 
VL is heading over in October to the USA through 2024

SL stays over until April 24, and then moved to Europe for the summer season and then a dry dock. 

I think there will be cancellations rather than just moving bookings to another ship. 

37 minutes ago, DrSch said:

I'm more concerned they are going to take the other Brilliant sailings off the schedule.   They should have just taken all of them off back in June or so when they took the TA off the schedule.. What they fail to realize, is that the people they are going to piss off most are the ones that spend their money for the rockstar and mega rockstar cabins..

They're going to piss off a lot of people, regardless of what cabin they got. 

The scheduled cruises for this winter are out of San Juan. So I imagine a lot of people wanted to cruise out of there, not the US. For instance, I'm staying three nights in Old Town beforehand, and on the beach for five nights after. And there aren't many other options to reschedule a cruise out of San Juan.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They have, and that's why I think they'll do the San Juan based sailings as planned, just with another ship.

It's not like they can just move everyone from Brilliant to another ship without offering them a refund as an alternative to being moved; some people are paying for the newer ship and it's not worth the blowback to switch them without giving them other options. So their choices are offer refunds to everyone on Brilliant upsetting & costing them one ship worth of people, or offer refunds to everyone on Brilliant AND on Valiant (or Scarlet) upsetting & costing them more than one ship worth of people.
It makes a lot more sense for them to just cancel Brilliant.

Edited by Tolkmit
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

If they use a different ship and give us similar cabin and no other charges, that will be OK

Me too - as long as I keep all my sailor loot, DBP. Etc. 🙂 whatever happens though sounds like there will be cruisers impacted negatively. 

40 minutes ago, greenenvy said:

I’m waiting impatiently for news - I’m booked for Brilliant Miami Mermaiden and need to know if I have to make other plans. The other thing that is going to upset me is I got a really good deal on it so even if they do cancel and offer credit whether 150% or 200% - it still wouldn’t cover the prices of many of the other available cruises. 

Keep us posted! 

That’s for sure - prices have literally doubled on some of my booked cruises. 😒

I guess VV has to look at what maximizes their earnings. It may make more sense for them to move a ship to San Juan rather than have 2 ships in Miami. The holiday sailings will sell out no matter what but if the BL San Juan sailings Jan-Apr were selling better than the doing better than the VL Miami sailings Jan-Apr I could see why they'd want to do a ship swap. Plus, if SL sailings aren't sold out they could move some VL people over (with a generous compensation package since SL voyages are shorter) or give them the option to move to BL if rooms are available. 

44 minutes ago, greenenvy said:

I’m waiting impatiently for news - I’m booked for Brilliant Miami Mermaiden and need to know if I have to make other plans. The other thing that is going to upset me is I got a really good deal on it so even if they do cancel and offer credit whether 150% or 200% - it still wouldn’t cover the prices of many of the other available cruises. 

Keep us posted! 

Still booking today!

IMG_2172.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In other news… the artist who makes the big red tables for the chart room posted they just finished one for VV which makes me think maybe they are decorating Brilliant and it will be ready on time. (Or it could be a replacement for an existing table).  Thinking positive thoughts :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Freelancer3 said:It will be interesting to see how they make this right for customers. 

FWIW - this is what they offered when they postponed Resilient with two months notice. “Passengers with bookings have several options. They can get a full refund within seven days, or receive a 200% credit towards a future cruise with Virgin Voyages within the next 12 months. 

If they take the credit and rebook for 2022, they will get an additional free voyage on another Virgin Voyages ship.

The company is also offering refunds of up to $500 per passenger to cover any cancelation penalties or canceled flights.”

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, greenenvy said:

FWIW - this is what they offered when they postponed Resilient with two months notice. “Passengers with bookings have several options. They can get a full refund within seven days, or receive a 200% credit towards a future cruise with Virgin Voyages within the next 12 months. 

If they take the credit and rebook for 2022, they will get an additional free voyage on another Virgin Voyages ship.

The company is also offering refunds of up to $500 per passenger to cover any cancelation penalties or canceled flights.”

That was a generous offer then but like many have said here what we paid for these early BL voyages is a fraction of what VV selling them for now. In fact, what I paid for my San Juan Mermaiden is less than half of what most of the weeks are selling for so 200% FCC would pretty much  leave me exactly where I am. An additional complimentary voyage in 2024 would help make it right.

• Like 4

A couple of cancellations going to hit RL. 

4-13 of Aug 2024 they have a charter booking of Athens to Barcelona

13-23 of Aug 2024 a charter Barcelona to Portsmouth.

the routes are being sold by the private company as an LGBT+ event. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lustate said:

That just reminded me... Virgin already sold a charter date to Atlantis on the Brilliant for March 16th, so maybe there is hope that it will be here by January

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DrSch said:

That just reminded me... Virgin already sold a charter date to Atlantis on the Brilliant for March 16th, so maybe there is hope that it will be here by January

yer the ports line up on Atlantis, and on VV for that sailing shows as sold out, but the right location at least for the ship. 

16 minutes ago, Lustate said:

But RL is scheduled to be in Athens on Aug11 and Aug 18

Aug 11 is “sold out” but Aug 18 is still for sale