Transportation from LAX to Princess world cruise centre in San Pedro

lion1956

36 minutes ago, lion1956 said:

Could someone recommend reliable car transportation from LAZ to the Princess World Cruise Centre in 
San Pedro?

Thank you

You could take Uber,Lyft, or a taxi. I believe you  have to take a shuttle to get to the area to pick these up (LAX-it)

Not sure if there are still rideshare shuttle vans?? ( Prime Time & Super shuttle) Might be called Karmel now?

Of course Princess offers a transfer bus as well .($)

Might want to look for your questions and or answer under the departure forum for cruise critic as well .

Edited by arizonaperson

We just returned from a cruise out of LA.  My husband has some mobility problems and the easiest for us was Lansky Limo.  It was more expensive than the other options but very convenient.  We would not have been able to fuss with getting a shuttle to another lot for a cab or regular uber or lyft.  Car services like Lansky and Uber Black can pick up curbside right outside of baggage claim.

If you are mobile without too much luggage, I'd use Uber or Lyft. 

SuperShuttle is out of business technically, but Karmel Shuttle & PrimeTime Shuttle share the SuperShuttle Express brand in LA as well as having their own brands.

2 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

@arizonaperson @scottca075, Have either of you had or know someone with recent experience with that Karmel company? Used Primetime and SuperShuttle pre-Covid, but now unable to make contact with either, phone just rings and rings. Not interested in Lyft or Uber.

I have not used Karmel. I have used Lyft from LAX to the port,but I usually fly into LGB.

sorry you are not interested in Lyft or Uber,  unfortunately that’s the easiest in my opinion or  of course there are still taxis( i.e. think yellow) around .

ill check  a company that  my mom uses  to get to LAX airport when they fly as they live locally. I know they use a car service .

38 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

@arizonaperson @scottca075, Have either of you had or know someone with recent experience with that Karmel company? Used Primetime and SuperShuttle pre-Covid, but now unable to make contact with either, phone just rings and rings. Not interested in Lyft or Uber.

SuperShuttle went bankrupt before Covid, mostly due to rideshare and being horrible. I've haven't used PrimeTime in decades, because I think they are as bad as SuperShuttle was, I use Uber now if I don't drive myself to the airport.

But I do know people who've used Karmel, Zippy and Mickey's Space Ship Shuttle recently and I haven't had any negative feedback on them. I'd never call these companies, I'd book online. Karmel only lists a local Orange County number (714) no 800 number and asks people to text it with questions.

The reality of 2023 is few people answer their phones, they don't have enough people to be good at that, but they are good with online bookings or chats. The idea of talking to someone in customer service these days feels like a quaint, 1970s thing.

https://www.karmel.com

https://mickeysdisneylandexpress.com/

https://www.zippyshuttle.net/

Thank you both, @scottca075 and @arizonaperson, for your answers. As a product of the 1970's, that may show in my knowledge of newer contact styles. I am not interested in service from the airport as I am roughly a half hour drive north from the Port of LA, but transit to and from home and the port.

I will text Karmel for service in this area. Happy Cruising!

Follow up: Karmel does not service our area. Guess I'll try Uber/Lyft.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Thank you both, @scottca075 and @arizonaperson, for your answers. As a product of the 1970's, that may show in my knowledge of newer contact styles. I am not interested in service from the airport as I am roughly a half hour drive north from the Port of LA, but transit to and from home and the port.

I will text Karmel for service in this area. Happy Cruising!

Well once I get the information from my mom with a phone number or a web address,I will post for everyone.

@mtnesterzBut if you’re going to the port from your home in LA area ,why don’t you just drive and park ?would be much more convenient and the price virtually similar? Sorry I  misunderstood thought you were flying into LAX and going to the port, but perhaps that was the author @lion1956 of this post that I was responding to? 

21 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I am not interested in service from the airport as I am roughly a half hour drive north from the Port of LA, but transit to and from home and the port.

Honestly, if you are just 30 minutes north (Torrance? Downey?) I'd use a cab. Our last trip we were dropped off by my sister, who was unable to pick us up and the cab back to Corona del Mar was just about $120 including tip, which was cheaper than a shuttle or parking and despite being about twice what Uber would have been, so easy. We walked to the cab line, got in a taxi and left; no fuss, no drama.

OK my mom lives locally in Southern California and goes to port ( San Pedro)sometimes and definitely  LAX with - executive car service which is curbside at the airport coming and going and they pick up or drop off from your house or business as well. They ( my mom) go through prime time to reach them .I don’t have a phone number ,but primetimeshuttle.com is what they use and there’s several choices of vehicles to choose from .( i.e. sedan or shared van,etc) They have not taken shared,so no experience with that.

There is also executivecarservicelax.com

I do not know anything about this but I ran across it .

I personally like Lyft to and from the airport . I have used it in many cities and minimal problems compared to the shuttles that I see the reviews about. I know some people don’t want to use Lyft or Uber, but honestly they have never failed to pick me up or not gotten me to where I’m going on time. I think people that are hesitant just need to try it for a very short trip somewhere and see what their experience is  and then baby steps  -graduate to getting to the port or an airport.  

Edited by arizonaperson

There are two different posters asking about transportation in this one thread, the OP, Lion1956, who is coming into LAX and mtnesterz, who lives locally. They have different needs. For mtnesterz, a cab is easy and cost efficient given they are not going to far.

Lion1956, who I suspect is Canadian because they cannot spell "center" correctly 😁🤣, might want a rideshare from the LAX-it Lot or a curbside service, but we need more info to give the best answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

OK my mom lives locally in Southern California and goes to port ( San Pedro)sometimes and definitely  LAX with - executive car service which is curbside at the airport coming and going and they pick up or drop off from your house or business as well. They ( my mom) go through prime time to reach them .I don’t have a phone number ,but primetimeshuttle.com is what they use and there’s several choices of vehicles to choose from .( i.e. sedan or shared van,etc) They have not taken shared,so no experience with that.

There is also executivecarservicelax.com

I do not know anything about this but I ran across it .

I personally like Lyft to and from the airport . I have used it in many cities and minimal problems compared to the shuttles that I see the reviews about. I know some people don’t want to use Lyft or Uber, but honestly they have never failed to pick me up or not gotten me to where I’m going on time. I think people that are hesitant just need to try it for a very short trip somewhere and see what their experience is  and then baby steps  -graduate to getting to the port or an airport.  

Approx cost from Airport to cruise port and what time of day. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

2 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

If you’re asking me for this information  I have no idea .you’d have to look it up. 

As I said  my family lives in Southern California and they don’t go from the airport to the port. 

There are many transportation modes from the airport to the port and vice versa.Taxi, Uber/Lyft ,princess transfer option . Some of them are dependent on time of day ,so  hope you have time to do your research.  

No one person can answer on price,not all situations  will fit everyone ,so if I mention a price that will make no difference when you go to book your transportation. Prices fluctuate .

1 minute ago, cruisetilidrop said:

Sorry, Uber or Lyft for 2 people fully mobile to Laxit lot.

Uber could be as low as $35, but I'd plan more on $45 if you arrive in the morning. If you get to LAX after 3PM, count on $55-70 because of traffic heading south.

• Like 1