Shore Excursions payment question

basor

I want to go ahead and book some shore excursions for our cruise.  We will have additional OBC being applied to our account after final payment (AMEX and NCL stock, etc.).  If I proceed with booking the shore excursions now and pay for them, will I be able to later have the OBC applied to cover the shore excursion cost and have the $$$ I paid refunded to the original form of payment?

TIA

9 hours ago, basor said:

I want to go ahead and book some shore excursions for our cruise.  We will have additional OBC being applied to our account after final payment (AMEX and NCL stock, etc.).  If I proceed with booking the shore excursions now and pay for them, will I be able to later have the OBC applied to cover the shore excursion cost and have the $$$ I paid refunded to the original form of payment?

TIA

You will have to call O to have it done. They will reprocess your tours applying additional OBC and you will get refund on your CC. 

5 hours ago, osandomir said:

You will have to call O to have it done. They will reprocess your tours applying additional OBC and you will get refund on your CC. 

I don’t believe this is the case. At the time of booking the tours they will apply any OBC available. Refundable OBC will be held in account until the account is closed upon debarking and you will be given cash for any remaining amounts. You’ll pay your own cc bills.

37 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I don’t believe this is the case. At the time of booking the tours they will apply any OBC available. Refundable OBC will be held in account until the account is closed upon debarking and you will be given cash for any remaining amounts. You’ll pay your own cc bills.

You may not believe it but that was our experience. I have done it for multiple cruises. OP was asking about nonrefundable shareholder’s OBC they will not be able to get back in cash otherwise.

Edited by osandomir

5 minutes ago, osandomir said:

You may not believe it but that was our experience. I have done it for multiple cruises. OP was asking about nonreturnable shareholder’s OBC they will not be able to get back in cash otherwise.

I trust your experience. Just isn’t what happened with us, but we’ve never had the NCL stock OBC involved. 

How far ahead of the cruise was your refundable OBC applied to your account? Was your juggling done pre cruise or while abroad?

Edited by pinotlover

46 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I trust your experience. Just isn’t what happened with us, but we’ve never had the NCL stock OBC involved. 

How far ahead of the cruise was your refundable OBC applied to your account? Was your juggling done pre cruise or while abroad?

Again, you may be a bit confused. I’m not talking about refundable OBC from a TA, etc… but about Nonrefundable NCL stock holder’s OBC. It applied to the account about six weeks prior to the sailing. We were able to  switch our prepaid excursions at this point before boarding the ship by calling O customer service.

Edited by osandomir

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

Again, you may be a bit confused. I’m not talking about refundable OBC from a TA, etc… but about Nonrefundable NCL stock holder’s OBC. It applied to the account about six weeks prior to the sailing. We were able to  switch our prepaid excursions at this point before boarding the ship by calling O customer service.

Thank you for the personal experience - I am not worried about using up the non-refundable OBC but booking specific shore excursions early so we have them booked and then being able to have the OBC applied to those once we receive the OBC.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I’m asking about the same issue…I apologize if this should be a new thread.

I am contemplating whether to take the OLife 6 shore excursions vs. $600 OBC, if we end up booking enough excursions to make the “Unlimited Passport” worth it.  Also, I’m expecting $100 shareholder OBC as well.

So here’s my question (probably the same question):  If we elect $600 OBC, is is possible to book shore excursions using that money (and possibly plus the $100 sharehold credit) when we pre-book shore excursions before boarding the ship?

33 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I hope I’m asking about the same issue…I apologize if this should be a new thread.

I am contemplating whether to take the OLife 6 shore excursions vs. $600 OBC, if we end up booking enough excursions to make the “Unlimited Passport” worth it.  Also, I’m expecting $100 shareholder OBC as well.

So here’s my question (probably the same question):  If we elect $600 OBC, is is possible to book shore excursions using that money (and possibly plus the $100 sharehold credit) when we pre-book shore excursions before boarding the ship?

Instead of taking $600 OBC, you are better off (fiscally) removing OLife from your booking. You are paying $600 for your $600 NON-refundable OBC.

The Unlimited Passport (UPC) is rarely worth it unless you are on a cruise with no Your World Collection (YWC) (25% discount) option. Make a spreadsheet and run the numbers if so inclined.

The OLife shorex option can be cost-effective, but only if there are 3 tours that appeal to each person and qualify for OLife (don't need to match). If all/most of the tours you like are "OS" or over ~$200 then OLife shorex is not useful...YWC is typically the better way to go in this instance (again...spreadsheets are handy). YWC and UPC also have better cancellation policies than OLife (see your Guest Statement and shorex pdf).

To answer the question that you asked:

Yes you can use the $600 OLife OBC to pay for shorex.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

40 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Sure it is your money you are using  for the non refundable OBC  😈