What sports are currently being shown onboard? Specifically Magic?

May1cruiser

Yeah it's pretty much just ESPN on the ships. Sometimes a major sporting event will come on (like the Super Bowl of course) and Carnival will buy the rights to show it as well. But generally, it's just ESPN.

It's really hard to say because it's not as clear cut as "they have the ESPN channels." They have weird ESPN channels that we don't have. Example. I was on Magic in September. The Mets were not on any ESPN channels. Somehow they had the Mets on a channel called "ESPN Live." I wouldn't go there expecting to get NHL games but I won't tell you they can't get any of them.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

It's really hard to say because it's not as clear cut as "they have the ESPN channels." They have weird ESPN channels that we don't have. Example. I was on Magic in September. The Mets were not on any ESPN channels. Somehow they had the Mets on a channel called "ESPN Live." I wouldn't go there expecting to get NHL games but I won't tell you they can't get any of them.

I've heard on here that Carnival has the Caribbean ESPN feed, so if that is true it explains the discrepancy.

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I've heard on here that Carnival has the Caribbean ESPN feed, so if that is true it explains the discrepancy.

I wonder if there's a schedule for that somewhere. In 2021 they had the big XII championship game on an espn channel on Vista. Here it was actually on one of the network channels they don't get on the ships. Then the game that was on ESPN here, they didn't get. Ever since then, I won't count on anything.

Edited by Saint Greg