Shareholder Benefit Questions - and a concern!

Selbourne

19 hours ago, LA30 said:

Interesting that OBC seems to be rather hit and miss.  I also applied for our upcoming cruise in September this year and was refused - Have to wait until 90 days prior.

Now wondering whether to give it a week or so and just try again!

They are more strict nowadays, wait until the 90 day period starts.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

They are more strict nowadays, wait until the 90 day period starts.

Yes they made us jump through the hoops to get ours, even though I explained this was the third time I had requested the obc, I think at one stage they was demanding dna testing to prove I owned them.

52 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Yes they made us jump through the hoops to get ours, even though I explained this was the third time I had requested the obc, I think at one stage they was demanding dna testing to prove I owned them.

I sent in my email on a Friday and got my confirmation on Monday morning. However I never apply until the finalo payment has been made to P&O.

46 minutes ago, daiB said:

I sent in my email on a Friday and got my confirmation on Monday morning. However I never apply until the finalo payment has been made to P&O.

We don't till the 90 days before as past, it just seemed the last time they had problems with the information which we had supplied 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Ivanhoe road said:

How long does it take for a reply from P & O? Emailed twice in a week, no response

I emailed on a Wednesday morning, chased a response on Friday, they replied on the Monday confirming OBC applied. 

17 hours ago, Ivanhoe road said:

How long does it take for a reply from P & O? Emailed twice in a week, no response

Why are you emailing P&O? - they do not deal with shareholder benefit. You should be emailing shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Hi @Selbourne we have already done very well with our investment haven't we?

Doubled our money plus OBC! Can’t say fairer than that. 🥳 

Cheers

Pat

Well, on paper, yes, but only if we sold them, which would then cost us the OBC which was the only reason that I bought them 😂.

I’ve already recouped 130% of my purchase price in OBC, so if they dropped to 1p a share it’s still been a great investment, but having had my fingers burnt a few times in the past I would never buy shares in a single company as an investment. Far too risky. Much prefer portfolio investments.

The thing that I’m particularly pleased about is that we also get the OBC on Cunard cruises. Having done one recently, we now have two future 14 nighters booked with Cunard and will get the OBC with them as well 👍

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have had more OBC than the original value of the shares as well. I bought at £21 per share years ago. Maybe we will soon get the quarterly dividend back soon which would be welcome

On the other live thread, Moley reckons that is at least three years away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Well, on paper, yes, but only if we sold them, which would then cost us the OBC which was the only reason that I bought them 😂.

I’ve already recouped 130% of my purchase price in OBC, so if they dropped to 1p a share it’s still been a great investment, but having had my fingers burnt a few times in the past I would never buy shares in a single company as an investment. Far too risky. Much prefer portfolio investments.

The thing that I’m particularly pleased about is that we also get the OBC on Cunard cruises. Having done one recently, we now have two future 14 nighters booked with Cunard and will get the OBC with them as well 👍

Like you, we bought solely for the OBC, which we would have recouped by our next-but-one cruise. The fact that they have doubled since we bought in February, is just the cherry on top.🙂

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have had more OBC than the original value of the shares as well. I bought at £21 per share years ago. Maybe we will soon get the quarterly dividend back soon which would be welcome

Carnival are over $30 billion in debt (that’s billion with a “b”) so I wouldn’t hold your breath…

• Like 1

Bought my shares many years ago for I think about the current price, may have been as high as £15. We have done at least 10 cruises on QM2, 3 on Queen Elizabeth, 3 on Queen Victoria, 2 on P & O Oceana, 1 on Artimiss, a couple on Princess cruise line so have had approx 4 time back in OBC than I paid for the shares. I was tempted to sell when the were well over £30 but resisted. I am sure they will reach those prices again especially when Carnival start paying dividends. Like many on here, shares were purchased for OBC only not for investment, you will never make a lot of money from a £1500 outlay unless you are lucky with the horsed or Lottery 😉

Edited by ovccruiser

Anecdotal evidence from this and similar threads would suggest that Carnival tightened up the rules on shareholder OBC about early May, and started refusing to apply it outside the 21 to 90 day rule.

Further to the above, has anyone recently been successful in getting the OBC applied under 21 days?

I ask because we are looking at some last minutes cruises and, whereas we had it applied at 8 days out in April, the tightening up of the rules will likely mean that won't happen again.

7 hours ago, TigerB said:

Anecdotal evidence from this and similar threads would suggest that Carnival tightened up the rules on shareholder OBC about early May, and started refusing to apply it outside the 21 to 90 day rule.

Further to the above, has anyone recently been successful in getting the OBC applied under 21 days?

I ask because we are looking at some last minutes cruises and, whereas we had it applied at 8 days out in April, the tightening up of the rules will likely mean that won't happen again.

Last time on a last minute booked cruise - one of the staycations - they refused the obc due to too close to sailing..

8 hours ago, lebreos said:

Last time on a last minute booked cruise - one of the staycations - they refused the obc due to too close to sailing..

Was that before or after this May just gone?

3 hours ago, lebreos said:

before - august 2021 - was booked with about 1 month to go and didnt know the 21 day limit and so didnt get it in in time

Pre-May then, when it was hit or miss if you got it outside of the window.

My question was if anyone has had it recently.

I'll rephrase it...

Has anyone, since early May this year, when Carnival started to apply the rules more rigidly, had the shareholder OBC approved at 21 days or less?