Toiletries Brand on Recent Cruises?

lauraleigh9mm

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Stumbles, you are getting a bit silly here. A slightly naive view of microbiology.

Soap, liquid or solid, has never been in any way 'sterile' or needing sanitising. If you are worried about the handle of a dispenser you can wash it yourself with the very soap you are dispensing.

Pax seem to forget that there is still the option of washing and showering using solid bar soap which often comes in a paper wrapper. That is what I do and avoid using the little plastic bottles altogether. And yes, I wash my hair with solid soap too, it works perfectly well.

All the 'need' for different liquids to shower or shampoo are driven by marketing, the stuff in the bottles is all the same with just different colours and smells added. And ridiculous price tags.

Agree up to the point where you wash your hair in soap. Not sure how much hair you have but the liquid I use can make a huge difference in how my hair behaves. Which is why I usually bring a smallish refillable container of my preferred shampoo with me. 

11 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I find the whole argument how single use bottles are destroying the environment, hypocritical at best, as passengers all over the world travel by car, train, and plane to catch their cruise.  The better solution I propose are single use biodegradable toiletries instead of unsanitary bulk packaging.

I'm a big proponent for everyone staying at home and not traveling.  

Except me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Agree up to the point where you wash your hair in soap. Not sure how much hair you have but the liquid I use can make a huge difference in how my hair behaves. Which is why I usually bring a smallish refillable container of my preferred shampoo with me. 

Not disputing what your shampoo does for your hair, but interested to know if you have actually tried using bar soap to wash it?

Anyone I talk to about this seems to believe that it is somehow necessary to use shampoo for hair and has never actually tried using soap. 
Fair enough if you’ve given it a good trial and soap gives you bad hair, but to not try it just shows the awful influence of advertising. 

Edited by jollyjones

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

Not disputing what your shampoo does for your hair, but interested to know if you have actually tried using bar soap to wash it?

Anyone I talk to about this seems to believe that it is somehow necessary to use shampoo for hair and has never actually tried using soap. 
Fair enough if you’ve given it a good trial and soap gives you bad hair, but to not try it just shows the awful influence of advertising. 

Yes. And it wasn’t pretty. Of course, there are many varieties of hand soap so it is certainly possible that an exhaustive search might identify one that worked just fine. I will admit to doing the reverse at times- using my shampoo to wash everyplace else. That works but is needlessly pricey.