No chibang for me on mardi gras

geckoaz

can someone please post the Cucina Menu for dinner on Mardi Gras/Celebration?  I thought it was the same menu as the other ships just included for dinner for YTD.

And I also thought that I had read that The Pig and Anchor was included for YTD dinner also.  Is that menu different?

1 hour ago, illinoisfive said:

can someone please post the Cucina Menu for dinner on Mardi Gras/Celebration?  I thought it was the same menu as the other ships just included for dinner for YTD.

And I also thought that I had read that The Pig and Anchor was included for YTD dinner also.  Is that menu different?

CARNIVAL.COM is your friend!!  Menus are posted there.

• Like 3

We always choose YTD and love it.  We typically reserve our table as soon as the app allows, which is usually 10 minutes or so before the dining rooms open.  We've never had to wait on a table.  One of the things we loved about Mardi Gras was the different dining options.  The only one we didn't like was the barbecue.  To us it's just not really that good and you do have to wait in line there as you couldn't reserve on the app there.  We still ate in the dining room four nights, including both elegant nights.  Next time, we will probably eat more at the other venues and less at the main dining room.  The tables there seem closer than an other ship.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, illinoisfive said:

And I also thought that I had read that The Pig and Anchor was included for YTD dinner also. 

Anyone can eat there.  It's not just reserved for YTD.  You have to wait in line there as you cannot reserve on the app.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, geckoaz said:

I am currently on the MG..it is a great ship. I was excited to try Chibang restsurant and other new dining venues. But i am not allowed to make a reservation. Why? Those who have reserved dining room early or late seating cannot attempt to make one until 745 pm. Only passengers with your time dining are allowed to make reservations. So much for being platinum or a regular cruisers if you have a table in main dining. I can never get in chibang. This is crazy. Be careful how you sign up for dining. I have a great main dining room table but most of the tables around me are empty. 20230417_183143.thumb.jpg.4350148f52d6fe34fb1d1128bc371bd1.jpg8

Are you unable to get in because it’s booked up when you attempt to make a reservation at 7:45 or because you don’t want to eat that late?

16 hours ago, geckoaz said:

20230419_183306.thumb.jpg.ead880efc2b17c990027227936109b7f.jpgWell could not get into chibang again. I find the ytd use it as their go to place or lido. Carnival has limited their MDR menu to let people choose other options. The flamingo restaurant for YTD is always under used. But the mdr dining room view was great tonite. Sorry i do not see the data blerk has access to.. I only know my experience. I eant to eat in chibang and cannot. 

We had your time dining on Mardis Gras week of April 1. We ate at Cucina the 1st night and the Chibang hostess was going table to table asking if we wanted to eat there the 2nd night( 1st formal night) and she would take reservations! My immediate family had steakhouse reservations and the other 3 families wanted filet in the MDR.  Everything went smoothly for my family but the rest checked in at 5:30 and it was 6:45 before they were seated because they wanted the included filet? Personally only ate at chibang 1 time and it was okay. Loved Cucina though. I think people who love JiJis will be disappointed in Chibang. You might want to check with the Chibang hostess about going the 2nd formal night? They supposedly still serve lobster?

Edited by Thenagers

3 hours ago, kdr69 said:

CARNIVAL.COM is your friend!!  Menus are posted there.

Actually i just visited carnival.com and explored the Celebration dining areas and there is a menu for Rudi's but not for Cucina.

Anyone who has a dinner menu for them could you please share?  or Mardi Gras since its a sister ship? 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

Actually i just visited carnival.com and explored the Celebration dining areas and there is a menu for Rudi's but not for Cucina.

Anyone who has a dinner menu for them could you please share?  or Mardi Gras since its a sister ship? 

Thanks

image.thumb.png.d8dba9f8b314a44b3fe35c8c6d9ed53e.png

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  I went to explore ship and then to dining and then to Cucina and it did not have the option to see menu.

I thought a poster on a previous page said that the menu was limited items for the YTD diners?  This menu looks similar to when we ate there last year?

17 hours ago, geckoaz said:

Carnival has limited their MDR menu to let people choose other options.

Not true. The menu is the same across the fleet and the menus in the included specialty restaurants on the newest ships is a subset of what the other ships offer.

4 hours ago, illinoisfive said:

The Cucina menu from Celebration/Mardi Gras. It is different from the other ships.

CB-Cucina-Dinner-Menu.pdf

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

I thought a poster on a previous page said that the menu was limited items for the YTD diners?  This menu looks similar to when we ate there last year?

Traditional and YTD have the same menus.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

That is not correct for Mardi Gras/Celebration

Well since i never ate there when i was on the Celebration i cant say but its the only one they have under Celebration Dining on Carnival.com.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Well since i never ate there when i was on the Celebration i cant say but its the only one they have under Celebration Dining on Carnival.com.

Not the first or last incorrect info on carnival.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

My memory is that they fully intended to charge for Cucina and Chibang and were only going to have them included in fare for the “inaugural season” and then changed their minds after seeing how dining overall was working out

This is corrent.  There was originally going to be a charge for Chibang and Cucina.  Then it was just for the the first season.  Then it changed again...

37 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

This is corrent.  There was originally going to be a charge for Chibang and Cucina.  Then it was just for the the first season.  Then it changed again...

You mean just like those 'As seen on TV' gadgets where they first tell you it costs $40 for one but 5 seconds later tell you if you order now they will give you a second one free? And it's always the same deal? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Once I was on Mardi Gras I knew it was never going to change. That YTD dining room is just one floor and it's not as wide as on other ships. It's like taking just the bottom floor out of one of the other ship dining rooms, removing the entire middle section, and squeezing the two sides together so the dining room only takes up 1/3 the width of the ship. It's just not big enough for all of YTD. They have to have YTD people in the other restaurants.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

Something traditional diners don't seem to think about is that the serving staff is waiting to serve them in the MDR, whether or not people show up. They still have to be prepared and the tables still have to be set.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

You mean just like those 'As seen on TV' gadgets where they first tell you it costs $40 for one but 5 seconds later tell you if you order now they will give you a second one free? And it's always the same deal? 

I mean, I don't know what Carnival's secret intentions are or what their secret marketing strategy is/was...I just remember what they "said" during the restart. We were on MG second sailing and they made a big deal out of Chibang being free for us when it would normally be a "for pay" eatery.  There were also huuugggeee lines outside of the YTD dining room at about 6-7 ever evening. And this was when MG was sailing at partial capacity so I am sure it is even worse now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The Cucina menu from Celebration/Mardi Gras. It is different from the other ships.

CB-Cucina-Dinner-Menu.pdf 1.68 MB · 16 downloads

Thank you for posting the Celebration menu!  It looks very similar to what I remember on past visits to Cucina and I will be very excited to eat there again on my trip in December!

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 4:52 PM, TravelBluebird said:

I know…I still can’t figure out how they got those calculations so wrong on his class of ship.

On the Jubilee next year I’m on with a large group (about 12) so I think we’ll want//need set MDR dining, but that will mean Chibang and Cucina probably won’t happen.

I bet Covid threw a big ole wrench in their plans. They had to make changes instead of cramming people in wherever. Mardi Gras and Celebration were already planned out before covid hit. Just a guess though. 

• Like 1