Elite minibar setup

Kineticoh20

2 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

They will no longer swap out anything at all on Royal Princess. What I got was what I got. I asked the room steward and room service. They said they no longer switch anything out. A bit disappointed but I had Princess Plus for that sailing. It will irk me more if this is fleet-wide and continues on ships that I don't have Princess Plus on. 

We did not get our elite set up until I called room service on the 3rd night, after dinner. There was basically no choice left by then. I have no idea why it didn’t arrive, and no explanation was given. It was our first time being eligible for it on the second half of our btb that ended on Friday. 

15 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

They will no longer swap out anything at all on Royal Princess. What I got was what I got. I asked the room steward and room service. They said they no longer switch anything out. A bit disappointed but I had Princess Plus for that sailing. It will irk me more if this is fleet-wide and continues on ships that I don't have Princess Plus on. 

Wait!   What?  They wouldn’t switch out anything?  

This is a biggie.  If you don’t use all these different liquors, etc…

Wow!  I miss the coffee package…now this?  What month was this?

I really hope it was just the Royal or a supply issue and not fleetwide. SMH

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Wait!   What?  They wouldn’t switch out anything?  

This is a biggie.  If you don’t use all these different liquors, etc…

Wow!  I miss the coffee package…now this?  What month was this?

I really hope it was just the Royal or a supply issue and not fleetwide. SMH

Just got off the ship last Wednesday. They wouldn't swap anything. They said Princess isn't swapping anything anymore. Hoping that's not the case. 

3 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

Just got off the ship last Wednesday. They wouldn't swap anything. They said Princess isn't swapping anything anymore. Hoping that's not the case. 

That’s really sad. More push to get you to but the beverage packages. SMH

Hopefully, we will get updates on more ships.

Maybe it started in May?

I just got off Caribbean Princess (7 day) and I was able to swap my mini bar for soda.  We got all diet coke and it was quite generous.  Plus our cabin steward left the waters that were with the mini bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2023 at 4:30 PM, SwimCarrie said:

I'd be calling the F&B Mgr on that.  It is "always" been the policy we can swap like for like or all for non-alcohol.  First hearing of this one.  I'd be wanting to learn the source of such a denial.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Guest ldtr
15 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

What ship?  We swapped for all soft drinks on Regal last week.

On 5/7/2023 at 1:30 PM, SwimCarrie said:

That's weird!! I was on the Royal Princess 4/16/23-4/23/23 and swapped the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:32 PM, ldtr said:

What ship?  We swapped for all soft drinks on Regal last week.

I was on Royal. The room steward also said she had to take my CPAP to "check it in". I was like, physically take it? And she said yes, but then came back with it a few minutes later saying nevermind. It was a strange start, that's for sure. 

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

That's weird!! I was on the Royal Princess 4/16/23-4/23/23 and swapped the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine

I feel like they were going to try to see how it went on a 3 day...piss people off but they're getting off soon enough? 😂 Like testing how people will react before the Alaskan season. See above about their weird interaction regarding my CPAP. 

Guest ldtr
1 hour ago, SwimCarrie said:

I feel like they were going to try to see how it went on a 3 day...piss people off but they're getting off soon enough? 😂 Like testing how people will react before the Alaskan season. See above about their weird interaction regarding my CPAP. 

Or it might be that by the time they got the swaps completed the cruise be over. On Discovery the swap did not happen until day 3, Regal was a little better. On the second leg of the B2B I called room service what I wanted and they used that for the setup instead of doing the normal setup and then swapping it.

With the number of Elite on board a lot of swaps could get occurring.

Edited by ldtr

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Or it might be that by the time they got the swaps completed the cruise be over. On Discovery the swap did not happen until day 3, Regal was a little better. On the second leg of the B2B I called room service what I wanted and they used that for the setup instead of doing the normal setup and then swapping it.

I don't doubt that they're extra busy and swapping on a 3 day would be time consuming, but if it's offered as a perk, they should honor it. I had Princess Plus, so I didn't care, but I won't on my next sailing and will want to swap. We'll see how it goes! 

Guest ldtr
8 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

I don't doubt that they're extra busy and swapping on a 3 day would be time consuming, but if it's offered as a perk, they should honor it. I had Princess Plus, so I didn't care, but I won't on my next sailing and will want to swap. We'll see how it goes! 

The minibar setup is the perk, the swaps have been allowed but are technically not the perk.

Edited by ldtr

I'm going with "bc its a 3 day cruise" and wondering if the Captains Circle Cocktail Party was also omitted. In 2019 we got a drink voucher instead of the event as it was a 5 day cruise

51 minutes ago, ldtr said:

The minibar setup is the perk, the swaps have been allowed but are technically not the perk.

Screenshot this just in case but trying to change for OBC on my 5 day - wine on the 16 day (B2B). It was changed a few months ago when coffee card omitted and crew call chat addedScreenshot_20230510-081236_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5bf734f86c13c37c2a96fd81dada4510.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Screenshot this just in case but trying to change for OBC on my 5 day - wine on the 16 day (B2B). It was changed a few months ago when coffee card omitted and crew call chat addedScreenshot_20230510-081236_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5bf734f86c13c37c2a96fd81dada4510.jpg

So this is the current policy?

5 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

So this is the current policy?

Supposedly.  But I'm wondering if those short 1-3 day cruises don't allow swaps like the 5 day one skipped the Captains Party. As a standard fare booking on that 1, I'd be totally satisfied with a drink coupon. 

Finding out in 17 days

There were 1250 Elites on my last cruise. Then add in the suites. A lot of work for what could be 1500 individual setups of 20 mini bottles & cans. HOWEVER there should be a way to select just 1 bottle wine  -- specify white / red / or rose Princess chooses white / red / or rose. Eliminate other swaps. (Can still buy dz water bottles for $7.08 if standard fare cruiser wants H2O)

Edit: thats still a lot of work. Bet the majority of the mini bars aren't swapped out

Edited by Ombud

On 5/8/2023 at 5:33 AM, SwimCarrie said:

Wow!  We sailed the Discovery in February and April and had no problem switching out our Elite set up (other than it taking two days to get someone to do it).  We will be on the Royal in June so will see what happens to us then.

1 hour ago, antsp said:

With all the tech of the app, why not let you customise it before you board, it would save so much work 

When we were on one of our Discovery cruises I asked the Loyalty host why not let us order pre-cruise to save time and last minute switching out and she just stated that it wouldn't be possible to customize numerous orders -- Don't agree, but it is what it is I guess.

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Wow!  We sailed the Discovery in February and April and had no problem switching out our Elite set up (other than it taking two days to get someone to do it).  We will be on the Royal in June so will see what happens to us then.

Same on Discovery in February and March. It took longer but wasn't an issue. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Interesting --- It took us 2 days to get our "change out", it finally arrived at 9 PM the 2nd day after a couple of calls to Room Service.  Maybe a lot of people are using the Crew Call Chat method thereby causing a back up with Room Service requests?😁