One more boarding time question 🤯

We leave on Wonder this Sunday the 23rd. Just received  a message with a stern warning that you should NOT arrive prior to your boarding time. My daughter and her BF were able to jump on an 11:30 slot after I uncharacteristically blew it on checking in right away. Husband and I have 12:30, but from what I was told by RCCL, we can get there at any time, due to having a Jr Suite (I have the name of the person I spoke with). My son had 12:30, but continued to ignore my instructions to finish check in. He finally did so and he was bumped down until 2:30 (I have a screen shot of his original 12:30 time). My husband and I are getting on as early as possible to try and get preferred specialty dining times for all of us. Son could probably learn a lesson about procrastination, but I don’t want to see him sitting at the port for 5 hours and miss brunch with us. I have called several times to plead for an earlier time for him, but no go. Should I encourage him to chance coming early or take a late shuttle/Uber alone? 
Thanks so much to all for answering my several questions! I had gathered that it would make sense to have us all come early, but now I’m not so sure 

5 minutes ago, 7680 said:

We leave on Wonder this Sunday the 23rd. Just received  a message with a stern warning that you should NOT arrive prior to your boarding time. My daughter and her BF were able to jump on an 11:30 slot after I uncharacteristically blew it on checking in right away. Husband and I have 12:30, but from what I was told by RCCL, we can get there at any time, due to having a Jr Suite (I have the name of the person I spoke with). My son had 12:30, but continued to ignore my instructions to finish check in. He finally did so and he was bumped down until 2:30 (I have a screen shot of his original 12:30 time). My husband and I are getting on as early as possible to try and get preferred specialty dining times for all of us. Son could probably learn a lesson about procrastination, but I don’t want to see him sitting at the port for 5 hours and miss brunch with us. I have called several times to plead for an earlier time for him, but no go. Should I encourage him to chance coming early or take a late shuttle/Uber alone? 
Thanks so much to all for answering my several questions! I had gathered that it would make sense to have us all come early, but now I’m not so sure 

He should be fine boarding early

6 hours ago, renza said:

Port canaveral does not check times. This is a generic email they send every week. Show up when you want. I have cruise out of canaveral on three cruises this year alone

I have cruised out of PC six times this year (3 Wonder, 2 Mariner, 1 Independence). On three of these cruises they strictly enforced check-in times. There were long lines outside the terminal where some people who showed up early waited outside for over 90 minutes in their designated time line(s) from what I heard talking to other passengers on the ship. On the other 3 cruises they never checked check-in times and there was one very long line outside the terminal. I have also cruised out of PE and PM multiple times this year. Both of these ports enforced check-in times for cruises I took from these ports.

• Like 3

Ok…..you all had reassured me of this, but “they” got to me! 🙃 I will plan to post my thoughts on Wonder of the Seas when I return so that I can, hopefully, help someone else. 

I posted this earlier, but then it disappeared. Not sure why

Looks like my son is going to have a tough decision to make on when to arrive. Yes, I checked everyone in. He had 12:30. I continued to tell him that he needed to finish his check-in (not a proactive 26 year old!). I agree that sounds bogus, that they could just change it. As I said, I do have a screenshot of the 12:30 assignment 

We have cruised out of Bayonne several times and we make sure we have the earliest boarding times possible. As of now, they have never checked what time we had. 

I guess it is supposed to try and avoid huge crowds at certain times and maybe other ports are different, but from NJ, they haven't enforced boarding times as of now.

Cheers

Len

1 hour ago, Giantfan13 said:

We have cruised out of Bayonne several times and we make sure we have the earliest boarding times possible. As of now, they have never checked what time we had. 

I guess it is supposed to try and avoid huge crowds at certain times and maybe other ports are different, but from NJ, they haven't enforced boarding times as of now.

Cheers

Len

They did post-restart.  Oct 2021 Oasis, Dec 2021 Anthem.

• 2 weeks later...

I did just complete a review of our Wonder of the Seas trip, 4/23/23.  Had a great time and we ALL breezed right on board by 10:30 am!  All that angst for nothing (re my son sitting alone outside )