Queens arrivals

Millieloulou

Hi to everyone 

It doesn’t look as the Queens will not be arriving in Southampton at the same time.Looking at Cruise Mapper this morning,Queen Victoria will arrive on the 22nd, and the Queen Mary 2 on the 23rd.They are both travelling up the coast of Portugal.Would have thought that would have been quite a spectacular.

Unless anyone has any different information 

Regards L &R

Looking at Southampton VTS, the people who manage all arrivals and departures:

QV will be arriving 23-Apr-23 06:00 and departing 23-Apr-23 18:00 - pretty standard.

QM2 will be arriving 22-Apr-23 21:00 and departing 24-Apr-23 09:00 - so an extended stay. Maybe works happening that require longer time?

11 minutes ago, cmm398 said:

Looking at Southampton VTS, the people who manage all arrivals and departures:

QV will be arriving 23-Apr-23 06:00 and departing 23-Apr-23 18:00 - pretty standard.

QM2 will be arriving 22-Apr-23 21:00 and departing 24-Apr-23 09:00 - so an extended stay. Maybe works happening that require longer time?

Yes, 9 am seems a very unusual time for a TA departure.

It will be interesting to see what effect if any QM2's delayed departure from Southampton until the morning of April 24th will have on her arrival in New York on April 30th. She certainly is capable of making up the time (about 16 hours) for an ontime arrival in New York if they let her. We are scheduled to board QM2 in New York on April 30th so will be keeping an eye on the situstion with particular interest.

I will also be watching the arrival time of QM2 in NYC on April 30th.  My check in time is later than I would normally check in.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the departure time.  Hope they will notify us of any changes before we head to the ship.

Currently the Queen Mary 2, and Queen Victoria are not very far apart

QM2 2023-04-21 10:47 LT (UTC -1) 42.76287°/-9.805139°, 22.5kn, 5°
QV1 2023-04-21 10:48 LT (UTC -1) 42.82492°/-9.808817°, 16.2kn, 2°

6.906 km apart

33 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

It will be interesting to see what effect if any QM2's delayed departure from Southampton until the morning of April 24th will have on her arrival in New York on April 30th. She certainly is capable of making up the time (about 16 hours) for an ontime arrival in New York if they let her. We are scheduled to board QM2 in New York on April 30th so will be keeping an eye on the situstion with particular interest.

Won’t it be lovely for her if they let her catch the time up? She so rarely gets a good run these days. I know…fuel saving, but it would be nice, just once.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Is the boarding time for Sunday delayed for some reason?

I don't know if the boarding time has been delayed any. Have you been told that? QM2 is actually going to be arriving early into Southampton Saturday evening but not departing until Monday morning.

We've been discussing QM2's altered schedule on this thread.

The word on other social media is that QM2 is arriving Southampton early and departing late because "...there are technical stuff that needs to be done...". I know, that's not all that helpful, but that's what is being said elsewhere for whatever that might be worth.

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I don't know if the boarding time has been delayed any. Have you been told that? QM2 is actually going to be arriving early into Southampton Saturday evening but not departing until Monday morning.

We've been discussing QM2's altered schedule on this thread.

No we have not been told that but it has been suggested that all onboard is midnight. If we can board the ship perfect. If not there is a serious problem for a couple of thousand people

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

No we have not been told that but it has been suggested that all onboard is midnight. If we can board the ship perfect. If not there is a serious problem for a couple of thousand people

That sounds like what I might expect. Perhaps normal boarding times but with an extended all aboard time since she won't be leaving until the next morning. Do let us know if you hear anything further from Cunard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluemarble said:

That sounds like what I might expect. Perhaps normal boarding times but with an extended all aboard time since she won't be leaving until the next morning. Do let us know if you hear anything further from Cunard.

That won't be a problem a delay of boarding for hours would be a nightmare

1 minute ago, Windsurfboy said:

Qm2 putting foot down , we are arriving in Southampton early at 9.30 pm Saturday,  but it's not leaving till after midnight  Sunday,   early Monday morning Captain said for essential  maintenance. Just overtaken  Victoria

Within waving distance?

24 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Qm2 putting foot down , we are arriving in Southampton early at 9.30 pm Saturday,  but it's not leaving till after midnight  Sunday,   early Monday morning Captain said for essential  maintenance. Just overtaken  Victoria

They can hold 31 knots even 35 knots fatest cruise ship out there. They can do T/A in 4 days