Shuttle bus info for France & Spain ports on Anthem

zxc

I was on the 7 nights France and Spain itinerary on Anthem last September. I was tidying my home office last weekend and found this in my cruise documents:

ShuttleInfo1.thumb.jpg.b30a502440fb3b018967ca4b6ec71b64.jpg

ShuttleInfo2.thumb.jpg.beabd1bc72c63fe394eb01ff04392adc.jpg

I think I received this in my stateroom on day 1. I remember my 1st thought was: "Why wasn't this sent out before embarkation when I was making plans for what to do in the ports?". Shortly after that, my 2nd thought was: "I need to post this on CC for anyone doing these ports next year". 

I didn't have an internet package so it had to wait until I was back on land. Of course when I got home, all my cruise papers got stashed away in a desk drawer for the next 7 months. Anyway, end of my story... I hope this is helpful for those on this year's Anthem cruises. 

Edited by zxc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello, we will be on Anthem in June and will be stopping in Barcelona.  Does anyone know if RCCL has a shuttle from the port to city center?

I would like to go to Segarada la Familia and I assume it would be best to take a taxi from city center rather than the cruise port.  I that a correct assumption?  Any suggestions or information is appreciated.

There was no shuttle bus offered in La Coruna because we were docked right next to the town. Views from my balcony, deck 8 port side:

20220908_163956.thumb.jpg.a199ce9ecb04a2f2c59a7e84f368ac55.jpg

Looking towards the forward of the ship:

20220908_090906.thumb.jpg.8c945edebab80bfa68d80d3f7da193fc.jpg

Towards the aft, there's a walkable street directly connecting the pier to the town:

20220908_090823.thumb.jpg.3915f0dfa120f67c7e13d0f04187a294.jpg

By the way, this is a great port for taking photos of the ship because of how near it is to town:20220908_130842.thumb.jpg.b65199fb52abb467adaa60e109dade1c.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

Hello, we will be on Anthem in June and will be stopping in Barcelona.  Does anyone know if RCCL has a shuttle from the port to city center?

I would like to go to Segarada la Familia and I assume it would be best to take a taxi from city center rather than the cruise port.  I that a correct assumption?  Any suggestions or information is appreciated.

We were on Anthem last summer, but I honestly can't remember if there was a RCCL bus. However, there is the port shuttle bus. They are blue (mainly), but some are yellow (just to confuse you!) and have PORT BUS written in big letters on the side. They take you to the Columbus statue at the bottom of Las Ramblas..I think about €3 single,  €5 return. Only problem is, they serve all the terminals, so if there are 3 or 4 ships in, it can be very busy.

Simon

13 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

Hello, 

It's easy to take the underground/subway. There's one a few minutes from where the port bus drops you off. But be aware of pickpockets. One will try and distract you whilst the other trys to get into your back pack

Happened to us, though luckily hubby was on the ball and let them know 😉 

This site has good info on public transport and also the port bus

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/best-way-to-sagrada-familia-from-cruise-port.html

Edited by sgmn

9 hours ago, sddsddean said:

We were on Anthem last summer, but I honestly can't remember if there was a RCCL bus. However, there is the port shuttle bus. They are blue (mainly), but some are yellow (just to confuse you!) and have PORT BUS written in big letters on the side. They take you to the Columbus statue at the bottom of Las Ramblas..I think about €3 single,  €5 return. Only problem is, they serve all the terminals, so if there are 3 or 4 ships in, it can be very busy.

Simon

Thanks so much for your helpful answer. This is the info I needed.

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

It's easy to take the underground/subway. There's one a few minutes from where the port bus drops you off. But be aware of pickpockets. One will try and distract you whilst the other trys to get into your back pack

Happened to us, though luckily hubby was on the ball and let them know 😉 

This site has good info on public transport and also the port bus

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/best-way-to-sagrada-familia-from-cruise-port.html

Thanks so much for your response. This information  and link are quite useful in helping us to make a decision.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:59 PM, irisbax3 said:

Barcelona has several HOHO bus routes that go to tourist sights.  If I recall, there was a stop near the Port.  attachment below lists attraction for each route. 

https://www.hoponhopoffbarcelona.org/routes/

I took this photo in La Rochelle when I was waiting for the shuttle to return to the ship. I was near the front at this point and this is only a part of the line behind me as I couldn't even see the end of it.

"No such thing as a free bus"

LRbusqueue.thumb.jpg.4a97d8b6cb0b74a7591071087ec9d925.jpg

Edited by zxc