Seattle Port Questions

cidymom

Hello everyone.  I'm booked on a short cruise which has Seattle has a port (I believe it will dock at Pier 91).  My questions are (1) can you walk from the port to downtown Seattle (to Space Needle, Pike Market or shopping areas) or if we have to take taxi or Uber (2) are there any companies offering excursions at the port to book (3) are there HOHO buses operating now.  Thanks in advance for any input.

1. The Space Needle is about a 50 minute walk, Pike Market 60 minutes.

2. The West Coast Departures forum (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/) should provide the information you're looking for, as will Google.

3. Yes (https://graylineseattle.com/hop-on/sightseeing_pass/?gclid=CjwKCAjw6IiiBhAOEiwALNqncWpGcZx7V33XSM3wbzcVatPXZPXruQ75XEQ4VQogQMfYHGuKR5bJ9hoCNmcQAvD_BwE)

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

And this is because its a port visit, as opposed to a turnaround day?

Yes.  It looks like most of the port-of-call are at Pier 66.  There are a few exceptions late in the season when visiting ships are at Pier 91 because Norwegian has a ship at Pier 66.

As you may know, Pier 66 is right on the Seattle Waterfront, and is easily accessible to many tourist activities/restaurants along the waterfront.  Passengers can also walk to Pike Place Market (although it is a bit uphill), or grab a taxi or Uber and explore.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Ferry_Watcher for the schedule!  Yes, it's a port stop and it appears to be the only ship in port that day.  HAL rep said it's Pier 91 so I hope that agent is wrong and it's indeed Pier 66.

26 minutes ago, cidymom said:

HAL rep said it's Pier 91 so I hope that agent is wrong and it's indeed Pier 66.

Thanks!  Don't fault the agent too much.  HAL uses Pier 91 for Embark and Disembark.  It is unusual to have a HAL ship stop in for a port-of-call, so it's not surprising that they would be using Pier 66 since it is well suited for it's walkability, but also NCL allowed it's Seattle home pier (66) to be used by HAL

2 hours ago, cidymom said:

Thank you so much Ferry_Watcher for the schedule!  Yes, it's a port stop and it appears to be the only ship in port that day.  HAL rep said it's Pier 91 so I hope that agent is wrong and it's indeed Pier 66.

Pier 66 not a short walk  to Seattle Center/Space Needle. However the HOHO bus stops there. I also recommend the Chihuly Museum at Seattle Center if that sort of thing interests you. Beautiful glass artwork, sculptures, and exhibits. 

Edited by Buckeye10640