4 person balcony cabins on oasis class ships

Sailing with two teens, boy and girl. I don't seem to be able to figure out whether there is a pullout couch for 3 & 4th to share (not acceptable) or whether some of the cabins have an upper berth. Can't really splurge for a suite or two adjoining cabins. 

1 hour ago, Astromaid said:

Can't really splurge for a suite or two adjoining cabins. 

The second cabin doesn't have to be adjoining (can be across the hall or next door) but you have to call. The sleeping arrangement for third/fourth berth can vary by ship and even cabin, but on newer ones (Harmony and on) they are usually sofa/couch pullout. Some Oasis/Allure cabins may have a pullman.

3 hours ago, Astromaid said:

Sailing with two teens, boy and girl. I don't seem to be able to figure out whether there is a pullout couch for 3 & 4th to share (not acceptable) or whether some of the cabins have an upper berth. Can't really splurge for a suite or two adjoining cabins. 

Oasis and Allure do have regular balcony cabins that sleep 5 but can be booked with 4.  They have a pullman and a sofabed which would be ideal in your situation.  Harmony, Symphony and Wonder do not have this configuration.

My son would sleep with dad & daughter with me in these situations.   We never got more than one room.  Our house only had (has) one bathroom.  We managed just fine.  Heck my mom had 11 siblings in a 1 bathroom house.

9 minutes ago, poocher said:

My son would sleep with dad & daughter with me in these situations.   We never got more than one room.  Our house only had (has) one bathroom.  We managed just fine.  Heck my mom had 11 siblings in a 1 bathroom house.

Yup, one bathroom really wasn't big deal. Grandpa 2nd of 10, Mother had 6 Sisters, Me oldest of 10 though at most 7 of us sharing bathroom. Only time had second bath was after I moved out. Though being a Boy and living in Country have to admit most time potty breaks no issue

• Haha 1

How would you feel about checking in with a GOOD travel agent to see what they can do for you? They often have a better price due to group rates and can find unusual rooms. It might be that you can book an additional inside room across the hall for the same price as 4 in a room by using a TA. There is not as much of a discount from Royal on teens as there would be for kids 12 and under in the same room. 

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

How would you feel about checking in with a GOOD travel agent to see what they can do for you? They often have a better price due to group rates and can find unusual rooms. It might be that you can book an additional inside room across the hall for the same price as 4 in a room by using a TA. There is not as much of a discount from Royal on teens as there would be for kids 12 and under in the same room. 

Parents would never allow the kids to sleep in a room without their direct supervision. Daughter in law has to have a balcony, I did check two adjoining balcony rooms, too expensive. I have used a travel agent once, I am not keen on giving up complete control. But thank you for the suggestions. 

7 hours ago, Astromaid said:

Check out category 1A on Oasis class ships. They sleep up to 6 people including bunkbeds. We’re a family of 5 and we love them. Lots of room. Yes, there is one toilet but I never understand the fascination people on CC have with two toilets. I’m afraid to ask how much time they spend in there. 

which ship? Oasis and Allure have a regular double sofa (it did in our inside cabin on Oasis and in a balcony room on Allure, and I don't know if it can be made into a trundle style), but Harmony may actually have a trundle style.

Did you google images?

Family has decided on Carnival, no issues with bed configuration, cheaper and they did Carnival before. I still want to try Oasis class but it will wait until it is just my husband and I, Thank you for all your suggestions.