Splash pools

Firsttimer25

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

When we sailed on Aurora, a bunch of small kids went into the Adult only pool and the pool was out of order for 2 days to be disinfected!!

Yuk….. that is especially annoying when there is a specific pool for children and parents at the aft end of deck 8…..

24 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Is this just in the kids zone?

It's a separated area aft on deck 18, not seen it in use however, so unable to comment on how parents use it. And although Arvias splash zone is bigger, they are both a lot smaller than Royal Caribbeans Spash away Bay.

Edited by terrierjohn

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

There’s an entire ‘splash zone’ for the little ones 👍

Splash pools for kids in diapers are designed differently, and have different regulations than splash pools for kids who have been potty trained.  As I said above, from P&O's own FAQ section, these special pools are only on three of their ships, as follows:

Azura:  children's pool (aft) and coral pool

Britannia:  Reef Adventure Zone and Lido pool

Ventura:  children's pool (aft) and Beachcomber pool

Arcadia, Aurora, and Iona have no pools open to children in diapers, swim diapers, or pull-ups.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Yuk….. that is especially annoying when there is a specific pool for children and parents at the aft end of deck 8…..

Oops. Sorry, was thinking about Aurora before she came adults only!

18 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

This link should help, it talks about the children’s splash pool

That video probably adds more confusion than help.  It said despite what is on the sign in the splash zone, the video poster was told that children in swim nappies could use use it.  She promised to confirm with P&O and post their response in the YouTube comments section.  So far it has been more than a year, and no follow-up has been posted. 

The pertinent section runs from 2:10 to 3:02.

image.png.0cab52ef6dd23354eb3311af7971e4c4.png

This thread reminds me why I never set foot in any public body of water whatsoever.  It's beyond belief that human waste from a small child is acceptable to anyone with a working brain.  Surely nobody thinks those 'diapers' keep waste out of the water.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Just commenting on this in case of help to anyone. I was on Iona a few weeks ago and given the above assumed my 2 year old would not be able to swim. I asked the crew member on duty by the pool and he said swim nappies ARE allowed as long as they are covered up. So he swam with swim nappies and his swimming suit as we would anywhere else 👍🏻