Tendering with a Mobility Scooter on Princess

cruisequeen4ever

I cruised with a mobility scooter for the first time over Christmas and thought it would be helpful to share my experience with tendering. It’s long been discussed that it’s at the ship’s discretion and not to count on tendering with one. I’m here to share the great news that I got to tender in each port with my mobility scooter! 

The Patter was a bit confusing as to whether it would be allowed. It turned out that as long as you could walk down the steps to the tender platform and onto the tender, they were happy to transport your mobility scooter or wheelchair. It may have helped that we were on a Royal class ship that has a very sturdy built-in tender platform. 

I can’t say that this will happen on every cruise, but I’m happy it happened and hope it happens consistently in the future. 

Fast forward to a cruise I did on Celebrity since then, and no mobility scooters were allowed on any tenders. It was awful. 

Major kudos to Princess for providing access to those of us with limited mobility! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, memoak said:

In some cases it depends on the port facilities.  Some ports in Central and South America are basically just a piece of wood

I can see how that wouldn’t be safe. The Celebrity cruise was to 2 fully developed cement docks, though.